Rivier University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rivier University

Very nice school, this school was recommended to me by a coworker and I found the application to be an easy process. The first class I am completing now was a good introduction. I however have found the school to be pricey especially the core nursing classes.

When making the decision to pursue a career as a school guidance counselor, I was immediately drawn to Rivier University as their mission statement directly aligns with me both personally and professionally. The mission statement places emphasis on the student as a whole, not just on academics. As a school counselor, I will work to empower students not only academically, but personally and socially as well, as I feel they are equally important. The core of the mission states that Rivier is dedicated to “transforming hearts and minds to serve the world,” a goal I believe we should all aspire to despite our occupational paths. The mission statement holds true in the graduate program. My time thus far at Rivier has opened my eyes to various injustices in the world, and the immense and diverse needs of individuals. The University professors and courses have empowered me to continue my education and work towards addressing these injustices and meeting the needs of my future clients. It has allowed for me to continue developing socially, culturally and morally which puts me in a position to better help my future students do the same. Becoming a school counselor will place me in the largest institution where injustice is rampant; education. Rivier has taught me how to engage in dialogue about the inequalities that impact students daily, which is the first step towards creating an inclusive, multicultural environment. I can use this knowledge to advocate for changes in policies that keep some students at a disadvantage and question operations rather than complying. I believe that Rivier University has exceeded all of my expectations for what I had hoped to gain from a graduate program. I have learned an equal amount about myself and how to better make a positive impact in the lives of others.

Shauna

I think the nursing education is great. A smaller campus means more time to get to know your instructors and vice versa. I did not like living on campus due to the living conditions other students possessed. The food wasnt good to me for the amount of money it costs to attend the school. Commuting has saved so much money for me to attend nursing school at Rivier.

Yailen

Personally, Rivier's tuition and fees are far too high for what they offer their students. The food at the dining hall is the absolute worse, it's one of the reasons I'm commuting next school year. People are mostly nice here, depends on who you associate yourself with. I've had pretty good professors thus far. Class sizes are small so that's a plus. The campus is currently under construction to make it more "aesthetically" pleasing. The nursing department is awesome but then again I'm only in my second year so that's not much to go off of. This isn't the worst school ever but they definitely fool you when you come on tour.

Shannon

The school is small, but it's great for small class sizes. The smaller class sizes allow professors to get to know you and actually care about your education. The food sucks and the campus isn't the most beautiful, but if you're looking for a good education, the academics are really good. Nursing is a difficult major, but each professor makes it known to you that they are there to help. There are disability services and other resources for people with conditions and even things like test anxiety. There are also peer tutors, which are also super helpful.

Laurel

As soon as I set foot on campus, I knew that Rivier is where I wanted to be. The vibe of the school is amazing. Everyone knows everyone, and even as a freshman, upperclassman easily took me under their wing. Rivier was the best decision I have made since graduating high school.

Dax

I absolutely love Rivier University. It is a very small school that enables you to have personal interactions with your professors and piers. The class sizes are small and you never feel like just a number or a face in the crowd. There is no football or hockey but he athletics are a huge part of campus life. There are many majors to choose from giving you a diverse group of students. Some of the majors are Homeland and Cyber Security, Nursing, Education and Business that are among the most popular. I have found a home away from home at Rivier!

consolata

Best and affordable university in New England states. Quality education and competent staff who are ready and willing to guide you through. Teachers respond to students concerns appropriately and in a timely manner.

Hope

When I first heard about Rivier University, because it wasn't well known, I didn't give it a chance and went into my first tour blindly. I didn't pay attention and tossed it aside. After I had been accepted and received my financial aid package, it occurred to me that Rivier was the best fit for me financially, and thus, I needed to pay more attention. During orientation, I completely fell in love with all that Riv had to offer. It was a small community in itself, one filled with so much compassion, understanding, and fun. All of the students and faculty seem as if they are always smiling and truly believe in one another. We all work together to create the best and safest place to be. Rivier is my dream school, one that should truly be recognized for not only it's academics and sports, but for it's true belief in transforming the hearts and minds of students to be well-rounded and those that will be wonderful contributors to our hometown communities, and to our world.

Alexis

Rivier University was definitely not my first choice. Since there was illness in my family I decided to stay local to be one of the caregivers for my Father. I did not give Rivier a chance until the last month of my second semester, however, the last month brought me great happiness and great friends. I finally realized how incredible the Nursing Program was and that this school was a great fit for me, a family girl.

Overall, I find the school to be a very nice one! You know everyone, including professors, and you can be running late and still make it to class on time if you live on campus (which is an added bonus). The food is terrible, which is why I live off ice cream and pasta while I am in school. However, the cafe in the library is a very useful for when you dont want to eat in the main dining hall.

Bethani

There should be more activities available on campus so more students will become involved. I believe the public safety staff is not very friendly when asked to do something for the students, such as open a door. Many of the teaching staff members are extremely helpful and want you to succeed.

For a small university, I believe that Rivier hands out a large bundle of opportunities for students to be involved and enjoy their time at the university. The other students are so nice and supportive and the faculty are an amazing help whenever you need them. The services Rivier offers are always available and are extremely beneficial towards your success at Rivier.

Ella

Overall, this is a school focused on the wrong things. There is an intelligent and willing student body, but there is so little community, and with less than half of the student population living off campus, most students end up putting their head down and just coming to get their work done. There are clubs, but the only ones with any sort of organization revolve around the church. Rivier is a Catholic school, but most of their students are not religious. The only communal gathering area is out of the way, and you have to buy food if you even want to enter the dining room. There is construction the students didn't want, that didn't fix the actual issues with the school. The effort is there and the academics are good, but the school needs a better understanding of the desires of the students.

James

Rivier is a safe and fun environment. It's a small school with a close feel. Highly recommended for people nervous about going to a big school, and wanting a homey, and caring institution. Sports teams are competitive and hard work happens off the field as well. This school is a solid 7.5 out of 10.

McKayla

Could have bigger dorm rooms and a better male-to-female ration. Nursing program is amazing here, which is why a lot of female students are here. In the heart of Nashua, sometimes there are slight fears of people recently released from jail to be lingering around campus, but overall a great private catholic university.

Perla

Rivier has a lot to offer however there are things it needs to work on. The professors are easy to talk to but the material could be organized better. I feel like sometimes the curriculum doesn’t focus on what is intended to be achieved by the end of the semester. However the professors are intelligent and for the most part have good office hours outside of the classroom. The school is small so there aren’t a lot of parties and there is a good distribution between commuters and residents at the school.

Svetlana

Rigid leadership, poor student support, lack of offering in courses, no accommodations to adult working students, lack of flexibility, no acceptance of different opinions, poor diversity among faculty members and staff, this is one of reason why they don't understand cultural diversity, this is the reason University has very poor diversity among students.