Harriman, TN
Roane State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roane State Community College

Katherine

If I could talk to my high school self, I would inform myself to really push hard to understand the material given by teachers, not just figuring out their personal requirements. I would enforce positive study habits so that once in college the overwhelming feelings that come along with test taking do not seem to feel so pressing. I would really stress the importance of being able to determine what my likes and dislikes are through trial and error, not just jumping the gun and impulsively deciding what to steer clear of in college.

I wish the classes were more challenging. It's not that the classes aren't difficult or the amount of work isn't a large enough load, it's the need for more critical thinking skill requirements.

The teachers and their passion for thier field.

Melody

Fun, enviting, friendly, comfortable, cozy. Opon steping inside roane state if you have made the right choice you will know and feel like you are at the right place. sudents and staff are happy go lucky willing to help in any way possible. makes you have a good feeling of security, and knowing you will have no regrets

Stay in school continue your education while you still have freash information in your brain. Knowing what i know now if i had stayed in school i would have graduated in the profession of my choise this year. Ill be 34 before i graduate. At the same time it is never to late to go back to school I do not regret not staying in school; i look back at who i was and where i was at the time in my life and i was young and immature and probably would have dropped out and not been serious, where as no i know what i want in life and all the decisions i have made regaurding school are one hundred and ten percent certainty with no regret leaving me storgly believing that i will succeed.

A motivated self driven goal oriented semi organized or well organized, well thought out planner, a person wanting to succeed. I would have to say that about every college you attend not just roane state. College is not a made to go to school its a choice that you make as an adult or early adolecent. choose a profession you desire to spend your remaining working years doing. A person wanting to gain full control of thier life successfully. Someone Wanting a chance to provide thierself a comfortable life while obtaining a job they love.

Lindsey

My school is a "first stepping stone" school. There is the potential to move on, or get an Associates degree, and not have to pay the high prices for a major university.

I would advise myself to really think long and hard about what my goal is to achieve by attending college. A lot of years were wasted, because I didn't know what I wanted to do in the end. I would, also, advise to study hard, and to push through when classes get hard, and other things seem to come up. A class only last about 18 weeks, with a few breaks in between. Anyone can handle something for 18 weeks. Also, do not just assume that everything that someone employed by the school tells you are going to be correct. It is not! My last peice of advice would be to not be afraid to meet new people and make new friends. One never knows where or when a relationship can actually help another in the long run, whether it be helping to get a new job, or anything. Always have fun and a good spirit.

A person of any age, race, size, etc. can attend this school. It is only a 2-year college, but the pre-requisite courses can be done there. Those classes can, then, be transfered to a 4-year college, if moving on.

kevin

PAY ATTENTION !! Listen up, this guy knows what he's talking about, and your paying to hear it. It's cold and lonely out here, but it's also all exciting and new, so make the most of it. Study, study, study, then take a break, walk around some, then study more, those numbers matter. That cute little girl you've been seeing, tell how you realy feel asshole, or your going to regret it for a long time. Learn that "I'm sorry" is not a sign of weakness or it will cost you. Dont worry what the others are doing, do your own thing and enjoy this time. Write you folks, on paper please, mom cant save an e-mail forever, but she will that card or note you take the trouble to write, and they deserve at least that much. Most of all, dont worry about next year, or next month or any of that crap, work on getting right now down, and the rest will fall in place.

Lacey

The most unique thing about my school is the size. I considered many large universities and community college just seemed right for me at this time in my life. The small class sizes make it easier to get one on one help with my teachers rather then the large class sizes at major universities. Community college has prepared me for what a larger school will be like when I transfer to a four year institute.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to create better study habits and not worry so much about my social life. In college, I've had to put my personal life on hold so I could study for a test or do homework at the last minute. Now, in my second semester of college, I know that my school is more important than going out every night with my friends. I now do all of my homework ahead of time and study for several hours a night so I can enjoy a little bit of personal time. I wish I would've known how to study better before I entered college.

I would have to say that the worst thing about my school is that it's very boring. There's no major activities or groups to bring students together. There's also a lack in events to get the students more involved with the school. I would suggest to add some smaller groups to the campuses to bring students new to the campus together with the locals.

Sonya

I honestly don't know what it is best know for but the class sizes are great and the teachers are very nice and friendly.

I would tell myself to make myself read more and to retake th ACT. College reading is so much more difficult than high school reading and you need to keep your reading skills up. I would tel myself to get more comfortable speaking in front of peers because its a crucial part of life. Always take the oppertunity to to make new friends and always work harn in everything you do. Study hard and keep your grades up and do the best you can in everthing.

I tell them that it is a good school, and it's a good place to start instead of starting ina four year college. Roane State is a good school and there is always someone around to help you when you need help with anything.

Meagan

I would have to say that for the most part my fellow classmates seem to be mature, and dedicated students.

If I were given the chance to talk to myself as I senior I would have tons of things to tell myself. I would start by letting myself know that any class I take counts and will stick with me for the rest of my life. I would let myself know how important it is to have time management skills so that I would have ability to keep up with a busy life and school schedule. As well as the ability to not become overwhelmed by it all. As many times as I had heard it I would remind myself how important it is to pay attention and listen carefully. I would advise myself not to get caught up in hanging out with friends and partying. Although everyone needs a break occasionaly it's important to stay focused and dedicated so that I could reach my goals faster and more efficiently. I would also tell myself that I should find an advisor. Someone to talk to that could help me figure out which classes I will need and the best route to take to get to my degree.

The one thing that I appreciate most about my school is it's size. All of my classes are small allowing my instructors to be able to explain things easier to us. We have the opportunity to ask questions and have discusions on topics we are discussing which is something larger schools don't get a chance to do.

Stefanie

Small, inimate yet a great enivornment for learning.

Small, inimate yet a great enivornment for learning.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self, I would tell myself to plan ahead more. To have the information for transferring to a university and all the classes I will need to talk. To get to know my advisor and talk to people who have gone through school already.

People who don't like small classes where the teachers and students know you. Don't think you can not come to class because it isn't a university and therefore "easy".

Wynenma

It is a small school (community college) so you don't feel so over whelmed.

It is a small school (community college) so you don't feel so over whelmed.

First I would tell myself that I am my own boss, and no one can tell you where to go to college. I would reassure myself that I was making the right decision about going to college and that I didn't need a high dollar college to get the education that I need. I think I would have told myself to prepare myself a little better so that getting the courses I needed would be easier. I would have pushed myself to go ahead and go to college instead of waiting until I was 30 years old. There are so many choices out there of what you can do and where you can go. The possibilities are endless. I would have told myself to explore every corner of as many degrees that seemed interesting to me so that when it came time to choose a career, I would have a broad range to choose from and maybe I could have a great future and a rewarding future as well.

I brag about how easy it was and how nice everybody was when I enrolled. It was easy to get to the campus and it was easy to get around the campus as well.

Roane State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.