Harriman, TN
Roane State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roane State Community College

Meredith

Helping as many people succeed as possible.

Helping as many people succeed as possible.

I would tell myself to take harder classes, make more friends, and to fill out more scholarship applications as possible.

I think a kind of person that shouldn't attend the college is a person that tries to distract other students from receiveing knowledge. People that act up in class, cheat, and don't care about other people's interest.

Justin

My classmates are amazing they are so willing to help eachother out. We are like one big family.

I go to a very small school. We arent known for much at all. We dont have much of a fair chance becaise we dont get recognized much because of our size. I beleive that big things come from small packages.

This is a really funny question I beat myself up about this every single day. Im just going to be honest in high school I didn terrible I didnt pay attention to anything at all than after I got out and realized how important school was I grew up real quick, I listened to people tell me my whole life I cant make it and I will fail, now I have turned that into my motivation I cant wait til the day that I graduate from college and can send them all a invitation and show everyone that its never to late to turn it around. Now whenever I get a chance I tell young people around me how important it is to listen to your teaches and make something of themselves. All I want to do is be able to stay in school and be able to be sucessful and show people that I can do it, that I will turn my life around, and that is just what I am doing. I would like to recive this scholarship to make this change much easier thank you so much for considering me. God bless..

It is a small, and a good college to start at.

It is a small, and a good college to start at.

If I went back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to make time in my schedule to study more and to put my college career at the highest priority. Now that I have been in college a year, I understand the importance of planning and scheduling my work habits. I would tell myself that keeping my GPA at the highest level possible and taking college level courses in High School are essential to a successful experience in college. I would also tell myself to begin as early as possible when applying for scholarships. Telling myself that I have to be more responsible and more independent in college would also help me in my college career. After all, I am responsible for me.

People attend my school with the intentions to transfer or to get an associate?s degree.

Tiffani

If I could go back and talk to myself as a Highschool senior I would tell myself to apply myself more in school so I could have a better chance for scholarships. I would also tell myself not to wait to go to college, and just to go after highschool because the longer you wait the harder it is to go back.

Kevin

My school is always changing because so many people from so many places attend for just two years and that makes for an environment that is always providing something different and educational to the students who attend.

I would tell myself to not be lazy and to stick to a major because the cost can really add up and you can end up wasting a lot of money on something you should have gotten right the first time.

My school has the tendency to be a little impersonal. Because people come and go so regularly there really isn't any time for students to connect with other students and teachers to connect to students. People come and go before anyone realizes they were there.

Heather

It is a small community college that allows you learn your way around it fast and lets you begin to learn who everyone is around the school.

I would have told myself not to wish it all away. In high school I was very eager to get out of there and just graduate. Now, I would give anything to go back. In, high school a person never really realizes what is in store for them when they go to college. I realize now that graduating meant so much more than just getting out of there. Graduation meant no longer seeing your best friends, because now they go to different school. Now, you have to grow up( for real this time). You have bills that you never even dreamed of paying in high school. The real world is thrown at you FAST! I was nowhere near prepared to face all these things. Ultimatly, I would have faced these things eventually, so I would go back in time and tell myself to embrace every laugh, cherish every tear, and never wish any of it away!

I whis I would have learned how no one really slows down to be social at my school.

Sherri

My school is very supportive and flexible with a very knowledgable staff ready to help with any questions I have, and they have many locations and opportunities for study to fit the lifestyles of many types of people.

The many locations and variety of study available to students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to do what I knew I was passionate about. I am the only one who has to live my life. Everyone that was pulling me in so many directions to do what they thought I should do not have to go through life with my passions and my personality. The only person that knows me best is me, and I should go with what I know I would be excellent at. I would tell myself that if I don't go ahead and do what I want now, that I will end up with a degree that does not do much for me in the grand scheme of things. I would tell myself that in 10 years I will be going back to school for what I knew I should have done right out of high school anyway.

I would tell myself to have fun be more involved with friends and activities, study harder and make better grades. I would also tell myself not to get disracted by a boy, even if I thought he was the ONE. Stay at home dont just blow up and move out of your parents house over that same boy he isnt the one and wount be there in the long run you are just setting your self for heartache. Dont lose touch with friends there will be times that you really need them. They will help you through everything. Go for your dreams never forget who you are! Follow your dreams all the way to the end! Become the teacher you want to live life to the fullest. Always spend time with your family you cant get them back when they are gone dont lose those presious moments.

Roane State Community College is unique because the students and staff have strong connections. The people at my school go above and beyond to make sure that the students are comfortable and happy. This school is perfect for students that are nervous and uncomfortable about attending college. It gives you a good preperation for attending a university in the future. The school gives students a lot of hands on time and the teachers are usually available for one on one help in their offices.

If i could go back into time, I would have been a better student in high school. In high school everyone cares to much about social status and the next fun thing. I would have spent more time studying, and applying myself to my school work. I come from a small town, that does not take education seriously. Most of my graduating class has already dropped out of college and that is shocking to me. If I could go back into time, I would encourage my classmates to stay in school and try to convince them of the importance of a education. I think they just needed someone to believe in them, and I could have been that person. In a small town like mine, college is not looked at as a neccesity, but as a option. If i could go back to my senior year of high school, I would try to change the lifes of my classmates and encourage them to be all that they could be. I wish I could convince them that a education is a great gift for themselves and a gift that no one can take away from them.

When I talk about Roane State to my friends, I tell them how calm and relaxing the enviorment is. The staff at roane state attempts in every possible way to make the campus as stress free as they can. They offer so many clubs and programs for the students so its a easy way to make friends and participate in fun activities to take your mind off of your school work for a little while.

Roane State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.