Roane State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Roane State Community College

Tess

I think it's a good college for getting an associate's degree, especially for students right out of high school. However, I have been disappointed with the administration. Like big universities, I think they try to take advantage of their students somewhat. Many pointless fees and policies are put into place and the administration doesn't seem to care that these are generally broke college students who can't afford to pay silly fees all the time. I've also been disappointed because they advertise free tuition for the first 5 semesters, but I've been forced to pay some fees out of pocket for the last 3 semesters.

krista

This is a great school for freshman or for returning adults. There are many opportunities for everyone to advance in education. Amazing staff, that works closely with the students.

Dylan

Roane State Community College was the first college I ever attended, and it was a great first college. The professors do a splendid job teaching in their field of expertise and are interesting people on top of that. I highly recommend Roane State to anyone about to attend college.

Makenzie

I have loved my time here. Most professors are great and accessible. I have made friends and I love the environment. Not a lot of options if you are a science major. Absolutely love the general biology classes with Claudia Cummings. I do not regret my time here at all.

Overall I think Roane State is a great college. It is very convenient, challenging, and full of helpful resources. Although Roane State is considered a lot smaller than most colleges or surrounding universities, it allows for more direct learning and more one on one time. The professors are able to know you on a first name basis and can help out or offer assistance if they see you struggling. Each campus offers a learning center where students are able to go for study sessions, tutoring, or advice on anything college related. Roane State also offers friendly and helpful faculty and advisers who truly want to see you succeed. They can assist with scheduling classes, financial aid, and helping with job placement after your degree is completed. Overall I highly recommend Roane State Community College because my past three years here have been enjoyable and full of learning.

Lilia

While attending Roane State Community College I have experienced a very well organized learning environment. The class size is smaller which makes it easier for students to learn. I think Roane State is a very good place to attend college. The professors are usually always available and they truly care about their students. There are a lot of available resources to turn to for help.

Some amazing professors, decent class selection.

Jordan

From my experience, it's a great Community College to attend. During the two years that I attended there, I never did have any major struggles, or issues on and off the campus. The classes were easy to take and pass, as long as you did the work and took the time to pay attention. The teachers and staff were awesome as well! You could always ask them a question at anytime and they would work the best they could on making sure you got your question answered. They also were willing to make sure every single student that was there could get the education they needed! Overall, it was a great experience and I recommend this college to anyone who's looking for a local college to go to.

Rebecca

Coming from a four-year university, I prefer RSCC overall a lot more positively. The class sizes are a lot smaller, the teachers for the most part actually care that you graduate and learn something, and everyone is a lot nicer at roane state community college.

Kaitlin

I love the school because it is small and I don't have to worry about staying on campus or driving too far. The small classes also allow students to get their questions in to the teacher. The only thing I don't like is that at the branch where I go there seems to be not too much emphasis on extracurricular activities.

I have had some great experiences and some really bad but lately only good. I do think the Nursing department needs to be on the same page about how the program works. The teachers tell the students one thing and that is not correct. When I changed majors my experience got considerably better. The teachers make themselves available for extra help students may need. I've had some amazing teachers and they will even take time outside of their office hours to make sure you get the help you need. Very dedicated teachers who care and are easy to talk too.