Roanoke College Top Questions

marissa

Very small and everyone seems to know each other.

The best thing about Roanoke College is the community because there is this strong community between the students, faculty, and staff, and everyone gets along and respects each other.

Phillip

Roanoke College provides an opportunity for stellar students to truly stand out.

I would conisder the best attribute of my school to be the small, friendly enviroment. The school and school grounds are beautiful, though the people and professors are the most congenial around. They answer any question without hesitation and will allow students special privileges if somone needs them. The greatest aspect of the school is and always will be the students. The students have very relateable issues and backgrounds and it is very easy to make friends among these people. I am estatic to be among the possible alumni.

The best thing about my school is that I have found friends and it is the only reason I do not regret choosing Roanoke.

Sumi

The best thing about my school is the amount of opportunity that is offered to each student. Each and every professor cares for his/her student as their own and takes into consideration the situation the students are in. This school may not be "well known" but the amount of care and education provided to each student is unlike any other place.

If I were to really narrow it down to the best part of Roanoke college, I would point out the teacher to student ratio. There are usually no more than 20-30 people in a classroom, which really helps for a one-on-one learner like myself. Roanoke College seems to share my focus and though it is a tougher college, it makes the investment worth the while to really learn a thing or two.

Brenna

The small town atmosphere. I really liked how the town was built around the college. A lot of the alumni lived in the area, and just up the street many of the professors lived. So there was a lot of pride in the community.

I consider the student body size to be the best thing about my school. I like the fact that Roanoke College is not as large as other schools in the area, such as the University of Virginia or Virginia Tech. I truly value the student body size because it makes the environment of Roanoke College much more personal. The small class sizes enable the professors to build relationships with each student and teach each student in a unique way in order to help them understand the material. The student body size is the best thing about Roanoke College.

the small size is the best thing about Roanoke college. at roanoke college you are not a number you are a name!

The best thing about Roanoke College is the mix of ancient architecture with modern technology. The modernity of the school hits hard with many students. In fact, the beauty of the school was rated 18th out of over 300 with the Princeton Review.

Dayla

The small class size is the best thing about Roanoke College. You really develop a personal relationship with your professors and they get to know your individual needs. They also quickly find out how you learn best and incorporate that into the lesson plans.

Roanoke College is dedicated to a quality education and displays that through hiring well qualified professors. They encourage success in the classroom by encouraging extra-curricular invovlement on and around campus.

Cathy

I don't have anything positive to say about this school at all.

I think the best thing about Roanoke College is the small environment where everyone knows everyone else and the professors are very accessible and personal.

Katy

I believe that teachers have the ability to change the lives of their students. In the short five months that I have attended Roanoke College, my belief has been proven to me. The professors at Roanoke not only push you to excel academically, they are generally invested in your well-being. My professors have been my mentors as well as my educational advisors. I am not just another face in the crowd. What a blessing to know that fact when you are away from the familiarity of home for the first time!

Greg

The people who are involve at Roanoke College, whether it is the faculty staff or students, is what makes Roanoke College great. I feel like i am at home when i am here. They work with you to make the college exerience what you want it to be.

Mallorie

The best thing about Roanoke is the one on one attention that each student receives from their teachers. With a small student to teacher ratio professors make a point to get to know all their students and give them the attention and/or help that they might need. This has really made my first year at Roanoke much easier.

The facilities and campus environment

The beautiful location and the great professors. They really challenge you to learn

Marquisha

I love how the professors don't treat you like their student, but they treat you like one of their friends. I had a problem that I was going through with my family and my professors were right there to help me through.

The best thing about Roanoke is the cohesiveness. It is a very stong school so when you find a good group of friends you generally are with them all the time and become very close with them.

Small size because it allows the teachers to really meet their students. It is a better learning environment that way and allows for better recommendations.

The small size.

rebecca

I love the teachers here. They are always willing to help. They are always going out of there way to help me succeed.