Robert Morris University Illinois Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Robert Morris University Illinois

Lindsey

RMU Illinois is not the typical college experience. Its in the heart of Chicago & it is only one building, making it less of a college atmosphere & more of a work-like environment. Since it's on State Street, it's not particularly safe outdoors, but that mainly applies to the night life. It also does not have a dormitory that is only RMU kids. There is a building directly across the street that serves as a dorm building for RMU, DePaul, Roosevelt, & Columbia. Classes are in a smaller setting (30- 35 kids max), making it easier to pay attention & have a more personal experience. Classes are ridiculously easy freshman & sophomore year! Also, studying abroad is highly advertised but ridiculously priced ($10+K).

I am very satisfied with my enrollment at Robert Morris University. I am in need of financial support to avoid an interruption with my upcoming classes. Please help me UNIGO!

Fiona

I absolutely love the school. I attend the Chicago campus and it is such an amazing experience. I live at home so I commute every day and theres a bunch if other students that do too. Teachers are always willing to help you if you're struggling in their class or even outside of the class room

Esmeralda

My overall opinion of Robert Morris University is that it is an amazing school that has a lot of excellent opportunities to succeed. They have several majors that are offered. I am happy that I chose to attend this university because I have met many people with different backgrounds and goals.

Jonnathan

I like the school for it being in downtown Chicago because there is a lot of places to visit when you're outside of class with your friends, or when you want to do something on the weekends . Also we have some class assignment where we go out to travel to different parts of the city to see the life, culture, and diversity in the Windy City. If there is questions regarding the homework, the professors are always there to help you and they have their contact information available in the website where we turn in our assignments. Finally the classes are small so the professors know you personally and can ask them questions during class, so that you can better understand what you are learning and have a successful trimester.

Anonymous

TL;DR STAY AWAY! This School provides a high school level education at a high cost! I'm currently in my second year and I want out of this place. Robert Morris University is pretty much a joke and most other colleges don't really take it seriously. That said, for the most part, the cost of tuition is way too high and they're probably going to raise it next year because everyone is leaving. Most of the students here are on scholarship through athletics. These kids are sometimes accepted on talent alone and fail once they start taking classes. Because of this, most of the classes are "dumbed down" so RMU can deliver the piece of paper to these students without them fundamentally understanding what they majored in. Don't be surprised if your biology class consists of middle school experiments and building paper airplanes (this is an actual example, not kidding). The math is about a high school level, and many other professors use class time to force their political views (liberal and conservative) down your throat. As for the core (major) classes, the teachers will try their best to cram a semester (30-40 weeks) worth of material into ten weeks with the results you'd expect. This meaning, you will come out feeling unprepared and inexperienced in comparison to other similar academic programs. The professors in most core classes are nice, but even they are overwhelmed with trying to cram everything in such a tight time span and you will only come out with a basic skeletal understanding of your degree, making you barely "trainable" coming out of college, the average salary coming out of RMU is about $31,000. You could easily make this much in four years moving your way up at McDonald's, without the debt. The institution itself prides on getting you in and tossing you out as fast as possible, even when they put you in classes that delay your graduation. Don't expect any help or insight from any service that the institution provides. The academic advisers will just put you in whatever class they want to put you in without any input from you, kinda making you feel like you're in high school. Advisers will also often guess what you will get your bachelor's degree in. The result being very odd class placements. The student resource center (which they love to tell you about at orientation) is a sham to get you to apply, and while they brag about giving away free Lollapalooza tickets and such, this NEVER happens. The "student resource center" is essentially an email blast about different clubs that you could find anywhere else. Financial aid will mess up on a regular basis, so make sure you keep them in check. Seeking financial aid advice is a bureaucratic nightmare, but basically your "financial aid adviser" is there for show. You can go all 4ish years without talking to this person once, instead you will talk to one lady who handles everyone's financials. This school will not help you at all with any sort of intern or job search at all. They view it as their job to cram whatever they absolutely have to in order get you a piece of paper and toss you aside. As such, you will suffer from the consequences of the expensive, self-serving, ill-preparation that Robert Morris University engages in. Apply to any other college downtown and you will probably get a better deal.

Edith

The school really focuses on helping us students get the careers we are trying to achieve by providing good academics for students.

Aisha

Robert Morris teaches us to learn at a fast pace and gain as much knowledge as possible in every subject taught. The Professors and staff work together in helping students accomplish our student and career goals. I'm happy I chose Robert Morris for my Undergraduate.

Myriah

My overall opinion about Robert Morris University Illinois (Peoria) is that it has a lot of potential however it does need time to build onto the building as well as have dorms and apartments for the students. If the school could do that for future athletes and students the business would be better. However, the teachers are amazing, they are always available and willing to help you at all times. As far as the classrooms I couldn't ask for better. The bigger the classes are I believe its harder to learn because the teacher has so much on their plate, they don't have too much time to work with you one on one. I enjoyed Robert Morris University Illinois (Peoria).

Ryan

I go to the Orland Park campus which is a branch of the Chicago campus. Robert Morris University isn't your typical college or university because at the Orland Park campus there isn't any dorms. I enjoy the small class size and how my professors are always available if I ask.

Brianna

Robert Morris really challenges their students academically, the professors are always there. They even give out their personal cell phone numbers in case we need them after office hours. The material being taught here challenges student's critical thinking and application skills. Transferring to Robert Morris has been a great decision besides the fact that books are super expensive.

Javan

I have attended Robert Morris for a year now, and I have had the best experience so far. When I first visited Robert Morris, I was impressed with their facilities and what they had to offer students during and after class. They have tons of clubs offered to students incorporating their majors and other social clubs. As for actual class lectures, they move at a great pace and are very hands on with my major which is Computer Science. I am having a great time and I hope this review helped in someway to get a good feel for the school.

manuel

My overall opinion of Robert Morris University is that it is a beautiful place to be. It is in the heart of the city and is an amazing area. Plus, there is a lot of different ways to get around. The school wants the best for the students and are willing to go out of the way to help the student.

Nika

Counselors and student services are a little unorganized. Teachers in the legal program are great. The students vary in age and the student bosy is very diverse. Cafiteria needs work. They make you pay for a lot of programs that you essentially will never use.

Martin

While there is a lot to like about it, there are some aspects of it that I feel take it down a bit. In terms of positives, the school feels massive, there is a large number of classes and majors to be interested in, the professors there are easy to understand for the most part, and the area is always clean. In terms of negatives, the MyRMU website is annoying to use at times, the class schedule I have is lop-sided, and the CircleIn program that I have seems empty despite me earning points for prizes. Also, there is no cafeteria, though there are food services on Tuesdays and Wednesdays that make you pay for them while there are some vending machines that don't always work. Overall, RMU Illinois is a good school to be in, though I wish some aspects made more sense or weren't annoying to deal with.

Khalil

Overall, Robert Morris University is a great college. It has a lot of different academics, that is rigorous, and experiences. RMU is located down town in Chicago, so that's why the experiences are so great. Imagine going to a fun, but rigorous, informative and great atmosphere all in one.

Zach

In general, Robert Morris University is a great school for self-development. For the first year or so, the classes are easy, but the work load is challenging. This helps get your work ethic in order for later in your college career. Eventually, the classes that focus on your major will get very difficult, while the electives and other classes that do not focus on your major will remain rather easy but increase the work load further. This school does a great job of gradually pushing you into having a successful work ethic. On top of that, there are several prosperous sports teams!

Joshua

Robert Morris University Illinois is a very great school. The students and professors are great people. The professor care a lot about the students and they’re all about helping us. The environment is very safe and the learning is very helpful. The staff is generous. The professors have good professional relationships with their students and they’re helpful with problems that aren’t related to school.

chiquita

Robert Morris University Illinois is a athletic school like they have many trophies , the culinary arts program seem to be the best program to me, its very visual , the workers there are helpful and kind . To me they are a #1 level school because they are there to make the college students succeed and achieve in their dreams.

Its always been my first choice and always will be. I love the class sizes just right for everyone to learn efficiently . There are plenty of activities and clubs to join from what ive seen so far. I'm super excited to star my journey at Robert Morris University!

Jared

A good opportunity to get great education and earn a variety of scholarships. The accelerated degree program and location make getting a job after graduation easier. There is not a social life at the school but there are several teams to be apart of.

Anthony

I feel as though Robert Morris University is a Wonderful school and I hope to be able to attend it when I graduate from Highschool