Moon Township, PA
Robert Morris University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Robert Morris University

Jesse

My university has a close-knit, down-home type of atmosphere, with many friendly people who are here to help you learn and become your friend.

If I was able to travel back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to not be so afraid to branch out and get involved in activities on campus. When I started out as a freshman at Robert Morris University, I felt like a foreigner in a strange new land. This place was to become my home for a year and how many other years I would be attending there. I had little inclination to join any clubs or organizations due to this homesick feeling I possessed. I would also say to myself that change is indeed good to adapt to, that I could balance out my studies and become more sociable through the programs offered here at the university. In essence, my message to myself would be simple: branch out, don't let fear rule you.

I find that the vast number of staff members on campus who are here to assist you in any way that they can is comforting and a great advantage to anyone here on campus. The university, as a whole, is dedicated to making sure that you succeed, and they want to be able to give you that pathway to success.

If I could speak to myself when I was a high school senior, I would advise myself to have devoted far more time to physics. At the time I found it almost irrevelant until I discovered how it can be applied to an everyday situation. Everything I enjoy is entirely based in physics. Thus, I would advise myself to try and recognize the applications in everyday life. I am doing so currently, but if I started earlier, who could have guessed what I would have been capable of! I would also have advised myself to really have looked into the biology field. I originally intended to go into that field, but I examined it in detail a few months ago and found it was more paperwork and little application/field work. It was at that time I decided to change my major to something more suiting to my skills and something that would allow me to do what I enjoy most.

Frank

If I were given the opportunity to go back and time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are a few simple things I would say. First, ?Don?t let your pride keep you from dropping a course.? second ?Take school seriously!? and lastly, ?Save some money to buy stock in Gloria Jean?s coffee in February of 2009.? Seriously though, that pride I mentioned resulted in a couple F?s on my transcript. I was stubborn and refused to accept that I didn?t know everything. When I graduated from high school, I jumped straight into college with a feeling that, nothing being taught was relevant to my life, so, why care? This resulted in lackluster effort, as well as below average performance. I lost merit aid, and failed a couple courses that I had no business failing, simply because I didn?t attend class. Had someone beat it in my head in high school how important to my career it would become to take college seriously; it would have saved me a bunch of heartache, a lot of money, a trip through the Marine Corps, and maybe even from writing this essay.

Any type of person should attend. It a very ethnically diverse school. It has a strong group of academic and sports related extracurriculars as well. If you cannot find something to do at RMU, you aren't looking. The classes are a little tough at times, so definitely make sure you are dedicated if you plan to attend RMU. Lastly, party animals, probably should look elsewhere, I wouldn't rate this school high on the partying potential scale.

It's sad that this is what comes to mind, but, I probably brag most about the cafeteria. The food at RMU is better than any other school I've been to, Duquesne, IUP, and Pitt, from my experience have nothing on RMU in this regard. Other than that, RMU has a great and forward thinking technology program, with a wide variety of majors. If you're looking to get into IT, don't forget to take a look at RMU's programs.

My classmates at Robert Morris can be described as studious, determined, productive and full of potential.

Robert Morris University is best known for its school of business. We also have a great hockey team that has won several championships. Students at Robert Morris have a very high success rate and job placement after graduation.

As a freshman in college, I have experienced many stuggles and accomplishments throughout my senior year. However, if i had the chance to go back in time and give myself advice about the future, I would not hesitate. First of all, I would pressure myself to start off the school year right. Get my homework done, study for tests and put partying aside. I have the rest of my college life to sleep and party with my friends. The next few months of my life will make a big difference. I would tell myself to begin the college application process immediatly and dont procrastinate! I would encourage myself to apply for scholarships and really learn about the schools Im applying to. I would tell myself to pick a school because its right for me, not because my boyfriend applied. Most immportantly, have fun and make new friends. College is where one meets the friends he or she will have for the rest of their life.

Virginia

They are all pretty friendly and most of them become my good friends by the end of the semester and throughout my college career. I can rely on most of them if I ever have a problem with an assignment in the class. Outside of the classroom, we get along just as well by hanging out and spending time with each other and being involved in campus and off-campus activities.

Don't lose the momentum and don't forget what you pay for as a college student. You're not a baby anymore and at the end of the day, your education is an investment, financially and through knowledge. Don't take advantage of anything that is given to you and start networking as soon as possible because you never know who you will run into later on in life that wouldn't mind helping you with your college career.

My school is not too big where you feel like you're just a number, yet it's not too small where everyone knows everything about everyone. It's just right in size. It is also a developing school where they don't mind trying new ideas such as new campus activities for students to enjoy. It feels as if the students themselves have a say and that is very important to me as a journalism student that wants to focus on radio.

I actually attend Mid Michigan Community College and I really like the smaller class sizes which allows the instructors to help and know the students better.

Coolege is way different than high school. The instuctors will not chase you down or call your parents to get you to do or improve your work. It is entirely up to you. You have to be self-motivated and very dedicated. College is way more stressful. You will have big projects, papers and homework that will all be due around the same time making your work load seem overwelming. The key is not get behind set aside enough time to do homework and don't let anything interupt that time. The first year is the hardest until you can get a feel for how college works, and ajust your study habits and make the best plan of attack for you. The real key is to not get behind if you do most likely you wont get back on track college moves fast through alot of information, and to study study study. Always put your college work first.

Some one who is very dedicated and will not get distracted easily. Mt. Pleasant is known to be a little bit of a party town. I have seen plenty of students get caught up in that portion of this town and their studies pay the price.

Alyse

Most of my classmates of are major-driven and care mostly about finding a job in their field and not exploring into other classes offered at the university.

If I had the opportunity to explain the transition from my high school experience to my college career I would include advice about time management, social expectations, and picking the path that was right for myself. First I would express to myself the importance of being able to manage my time. Staying on a schedule and making sure to balance my time would have helped with my workload of freshman year. I would also give the advice not to be easily influenced or swayed by the social networks on campus. I would tell myself to remember that my first priority is to be a student and receive my degree. I would want my high school self to know that is acceptable to stand out and be an individual who is focused on her academic success, and not to be afraid if you don't fit into the social norms of college campus life. Finally I would make sure that my high school self knew to pick her own path and find the major and college career that suits her the best. I would tell her to find the path that exemplifies her best qualities and be certain in her choices.

I wish I would have known time management techniques for when I first came to school. It is important to know how to manage your time between academics, social life, and your extra-cirriculars. If you can find that balance there is nothing stopping you from succeeding.

Braden

My school is located in the friendliest town, and is basically the best because you get both parts, the close student-teacher ratio and a well known, Nationally Accredited University.

I would tell myself that it is just like High School, and Boy Scout Camp, except for the part that it is in the woods. You stay in dorms in single beds, Its like your bedroom, living room and kind of a kitchen in one. Dont slack, study now so you can a higher GPA and a good job. Apply for as much financial need as possible. Scholarships and grants are essentially free money, so take advantage of it. Your going to take out a loan, and then they will want you to pay it back with atleast 8% interest and if you get scholarships, you dont have to take out a large loan and be stuck paying it back for the next 25 years. Remeber "A Scout is Thrifty", dont spend on things you dont need. There is no need to go out everyweek to a restaurant and spend money when there is a fully functional and a good tasting food there. Dont let your social life take control, you are here for an education, not women and friends. Good Luck man, you can handle it!

I wish I would have known that it is basically like high school. Dont sweat the small stuff. Live it up this is the transitional period from high school to the real world so dont act a fool, essentially.

It is very important to go look at schools before you pick one, make sure the classes you are required to take for your desired major are ones you'll enjoy or be able to handle. Also make sure you talk to someone about your desired major because there may be different departments that have your major but the classes that are required may not meet all your requirements. It is important to pick a school you feel comfortable at, not just one that all your friends are going to. Your education is one of the most important things in your life, it is important to make the right decision. Dont choose the first school you look at, make sure you give others the chance because they may have things that are more appealing than the first school had. It is important to make the decision on your own, dont let anyone else make the decision for you. This is the time in your life where you have to start making decisions, let them be your own decisions. Grow up and live your life, go to a school that will be fun and will give you a good education!

I dont think there is a type of person that shouldn't attend Robert Morris. I've met so many different people so it seems like almost everyone can attend Robert Morris without having an social or educational problems. Robert Morris has so many offices to help you with any type of problem you may have, and they set up many events to get to know other students. They bridge the gap between high school and college.

The most frustrating thing about Robert Morris which is probably the same about every other college is the financial aid department. The financial aid department may have helped me in the end but I had to send in forms more than once because they had either lost them or said they never got them. I understand that they have so many students to deal with but they took on the job they should work harder to process the students' information so the students can focus on their education and not their financial aid problems.

Francine

My school is unique in the way it connects with the students. There is always someone around to answer questions so there is never a reason not to know something.

I would advise myself to relax and enjoy the transition more. There really is little to worry about and it's all about the experience and being able to take something from it. All the worry that is done by the student, and can't forget the parents, is just not needed. Taking the time to just stay organized and focused will allow for more excitement, more relaxation, more time to do what you need to prepare yourself for the change.

I consider the best thing about the school is the campus. It's set up on a hill and allows the campus to have that "college feel" with the city only 20 mins away.

Robert Morris University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.