Robert Morris University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Robert Morris University

A great school overall. Mother was an alumni so glad I got to follow in her footsteps. There are so many places to eat so it is never boring. The library and people working there are extremely helpful. all of the professors are willing to help out, some just might take a day to answer. Would not want to go to antother school

David

Overall Robert Morris is a great institution. The class sizes are moderate, the students are a fine caliber who aren't a distraction, and the facilities are clean with a nice atmosphere. Only cons I would say are the far distances to walk between classes. There are separate buildings plotted on a lot of land so buy a FitBit. You'll definitely use it.

Adam

It is the perfect school for me and my preferences in a school. The academics are challenging enough so that I do not feel like my intelligence is being insulted. The professors all really care about the subject matter s they teach, and they are almost always available. Smaller class sizes make learning easier.

Linda

Robert Morris University is the absolute perfect fit for me. I live nearby, therefore I am a commuter student. However, I did live on campus during my sophmore year. I believe that both situations, commuting and living on campus, are great experiences. Since Robert Morris University is somewhat of a smaller school compared to others, it allows you to form and maintain meaningful friendships and relationships. You are able to have a personal relationship with professors because of the class sizes. as well. I feel as though my professors are so passionate about what they teach and actually care whether we benefit from the class or not. When it comes to the social aspect, there are plenty of ways for students to become involved. I feel as though that it is the perfect balance of academics and social and independent aspects. Robert Morris is the best decision I have made.

Faith

Robert Morris University is an amazing university. Professors make an effort to learn names and make the students have a personal education. Fellow students are welcoming to new people whether they're just classmates or high school kids going on a campus tour. The campus is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, but tragically there are a lot of hills to walk up. The dorms are pretty average but well managed for students living on campus. Food and activities are abundant and diverse. Overall Robert Morris University is a fantastic university that I would recommend to anyone.

Rashad

It's a very "middle of the way" school. It's not the greatest but if one were to go here, they'd get a solid education. Also, whatever you're into, there's a club or organization for you. For example, if you're into covering news or sports then RMU Sentry Media is the perfect organization for you.

Jacqueline

I believe that Robert Morris is an exceptional school and I cannot wait to further my education there in the fall. I chose RMU based on its accessibility to my home and their academics. Their nursing program is one of the best and I feel as though that I will learn all of the necessary skills required for my field and then some.

Emonie

Well out of all the schools I've visited and heard or read about Robert Morris was my top pick. RMU is a place where you are more than just a number, your professors know you by name, even your deans. Every staff member is really there to help and make sure you succeed while you are there. The students here are really nice and upperclassman will give you their best and honest advice about any question you have, there is no such thing as a dumb question so never hesitate to ask. RMU didn't feel like I was just at another school, it felt like home and I mean that. A place where I know if I had any problem there is always a place no matter what the problem is, I can go to and actually be heard and helped. Its a place where its nearly impossible to not succeed, you have to really try to fail in order to fail. Its a place that the whole atmosphere is balanced everyone is nice and likes to have fun but they also are focused on their work. Their food...well I think I've said to much and I don't want to spoil the best part, you'd just have to come on a tour and see for yourself. I promise you wont be disappointed!

Jonathon

Overall, I absolutely love life at Robert Morris University. Since beginning life at RMU I have never felt safer or more at home. I think that classes are the perfect size to promote a fantastic learning environment. These smaller class sizes also allow students the opportunity to get to know their their professors extremely well, as opposed to some larger universities where students may only get to know their TAs. My only major complaint about RMU is that there are not many places you can go in Moon Township area without a car. I understand that this is more a complaint about the area and less about the university, but it all has to do with the college experience. I wouldn't change my decision to attend RMU if I had the chance, and cannot wait to see how RMU continues to grow after I'm gone.

Madalo

I've known from the first week that I made a great decision. The opportunities and people I am surrounded by are incredible. I see myself leaving this university as a well-rounded and well-prepared graduate student. Campus life is wonderful and it isn't hard to find something to do. I recommend this school for those looking to receive a valuable education as well as meet great people.

jennifer

I think that it is a wonderful university and all of the faculty and staff are very helpful and kind. As a freshmen, I was consistently getting lost around campus and any person I asked ,wether student or staff member, was incredibly helpful and friendly. The learning environment is also pretty great. I am constantly emailing my professors and meeting them during their office hours for questions and help with work. I have yet to meet a professor that does not seem to care about his/her students success in the classroom as well as in creating their careers outside the classroom.

Robert Morris is a wonderful school with a lot of diversity and a ton of different ways to get involved on campus. The campus is kind of in an awkward spot due to it being placed on a hill. Our food on campus is not to horrible but I do wish we had more options on meals and places to eat. Robert Morris is a great school but I believe they need to lower their tuition just a little.

Whitney

Robert Morris University first captured my eye because it is an absolutely beautiful campus. When I entered the school and began attending classes, I just fell in love. The professors are absolutely wonderful and for me, they made me so excited to not only go to class every day but also, they made me so excited to learn and understand what they were teaching. Robert Morris has very small class sizes and by the end of each school year, you will know who everyone is. This is a completely perfect school for people that are leaving home for the first time and working to discover who they are and what they want to do.

Ryley

The campus is beautiful and most of the teachers care, but occasionally there will be a teacher who has no interest in helping, but that can be anywhere. I had a really fun and enjoyable freshman year. The staff for freshman year was extremely nice and made learning fun.

Nolan

Overall, I think Robert Morris University is a solid college. I like most of my professors, but there are some that I would recommend to avoid taking. I am a commuter, so I do not know much about the on campus living, but from what I hear the dorms are good. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with academics, especially in your major. Since I am a statistics major, I am in analytics club and actuarial science club. The best part about Robert Morris University is that there is always someone available to talk to. All incoming freshman are assigned a student mentor. This helped me adjust to college because I always had someone to listen to my questions. I would recommend going to Robert Morris University if you are looking for a college that is small enough to get close to your professors, but big enough to have a strong curriculum.

Malinda

The campus is beautiful, especially during autumn when the leaves on the trees start to change color. The teachers are very friendly (at least the ones I know) and everyone is quite helpful. There are many different types of students as well which helps make it easier to make friends, even during orientation.

Phillip

RMU is an excellent university. The atmosphere is excellent and makes you feel welcome. The campus is excellent. It's very beautiful and it looks great. The last time I visited the campus, my tour guide was very pleasant. He made me feel welcome and answered all of my questions. He was able to answer my questions. It is a great place to be.

Kara

I enjoyed my experience at Robert Morris so much that I went BACK for my Master's degree! The professors are very easily accessible and always make sure that they're available. They quickly respond to calls and emails and they are very flexible for their students. The price is a little bit high, but they offer a lot of scholarships and grants. Academics are rigorous.

Tyler

Great atmosphere . Great environment to learn and you feel as if you're in great hands for your future.

Mackenzie

Overall, while there are a few things I could see improvements being needed, the classes are great, the people are extremely friendly, and overall it's a great experience. I like that the class sizes are small enough that there's time for one on ones with the professors, and also that I am able to get to know the other students in my classes.

Miranda

The campus is beautiful and on campus housing is very homey. I like how the class sizes are relatively small. The people and faculty are such genuinely kind people. The mathematics education system there sounds amazing. The buildings and classrooms are modern and beautiful.

Collin

I think it is a very beautiful school as the grounds are very well-maintained and the buildings are beautiful. The student body is very friendly. As for the staff, the best part is easily the admissions counselors. They make it so easy for new students to reach out to the university and gain information. I was not able to attend a recent meeting with counselors due to pneumonia, upon hearing of my condition, the one counselor sent a hand-written note wishing me well. Overall very pleasant environment.

Mitchell

Robert Morris is a great university. The teachers are helpful and go above and beyond to help each and every student succeed. My counselor is wonderful and answers my questions in a timely manner and always has time to meet with me. She has helped me map out my schedule and is able to work my school schedule around my work schedule. The evening classes are convenient. I would recommend this university to everyone.

Saniece

Hello, my name is Saniece Auguste, I am an 18-year-old student at Robert Morris University in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. This fall I will be entering my sophomore year in college. I am an undeclared Business major, and I am in love with my University. To begin with, the location of Robert Morris University is extremely convenient it’s 20 minutes from the city of Pittsburgh. The city of Pittsburgh was voted the most livable city by the Economist in 2005 and 2009. The city of bridges also keeps you entertained. There are many things to do such as; go to a pirates game, go to one of the many bars (were in the lead for the most bars), or just got to the point and enjoy the view. Pittsburgh is also blooming with employment opportunities. Robert Morris University is also contently located 10 minutes from the airport. I am originally from Massachusetts so I am constantly flying back and forth for breaks. This is also a safe haven for many international students. Plus it's super easy to get a ride from the airport since it’s right there. Uber's are cheap too, plus during breaks sometimes Robert Morris University is nice enough to provide a shuttle to and from the airport. The school is also 45 minutes from Tarentum, Pennsylvania (where I grew up). All of my friends are out there and I am now close enough to see them. I lived in that town for about 10 years so that's a bonus for me because my friends out there are like family to me. I believe Robert Morris is reasonably priced for a private school. My tuition is about $37,000, including room and board. The average cost for private schools in the United States comes to about $45,000 ($33,480 for tuition plus $11,890 for room and board) I will take Robert Morris’s price over that one any day. I feel my education at Robert Morris is completely worth the $37,000. Robert Morris University is a prestigious school that is well known in Pittsburgh just like the University of Pittsburgh, except the University of Pittsburgh cost $43,838 and the price is still climbing. My education at Robert Morris University is very satisfying for me. I am going to be a sophomore, but throughout freshman year I was highly impressed with the quality of education at the school. I loved my classes and most of my professors (you can’t love them all). I felt my professor had great insight, and did great applying the knowledge we were obtaining to the real world. I actually wanted to follow their lead they lead a great example of how knowledge can get you places. The school also does an excellent job tailoring your classes to your major/ real world experiences. I am an undeclared business major and Robert Morris used to be just a business school. The school is known for its business alumni, which is extra awesome because they are really trained to help me pursue my career in business.

Veronica

RMU is a great choice for academics. The professors are extremely helpful and really want to see their students succeed. Class sizes are small so learning feels more individualized and personal. Being a primarily commuter school, the social life on campus isn't very active. Not many students stay on campus during the weekends and sometimes it can feel like a ghost town. The school tries to put on events, but they typically have a low attendance rate. Greek life is probably biggest activity to get involved in on campus. I would recommend RMU for their great academics, but be prepared to create your own fun.

Being a graduate student, it's nice to see how different technology has changed in the last couple years since I last was an undergrad in 2011. In nursing, the execution of classes and the transfer of clinical hands-on knowledge has become way more efficient with the use of the Standardized Patient and simulation. Robert Morris is constantly evolving to put their students at the forefront of their respective professions.

Travis

Beautiful campus, love the area. The sports teams are very exciting to watch and the academic programs are amazing! I would definitely love going to this school!

Elana

I love it and I feel very comfortable being there. I love how the campus is set up and everyone is so welcoming and nice. The sports are very engaging. The professors offer free tutoring and are very understanding and very helpful. The Cafes offer a variety of food to choose from and have a set schedule for you to follow for your meal plan which will definitely help me because I am a big eater!!

When searching for a college I didn't think that I would want to be close to home. After looking at many college's I kept coming back to Robert Morris and all they had to offer and the value for what I was getting for my money. I was able to keep my job, friends and still have my family close by. So glad I picked RMU!

Caitlin

Robert Morris University is awesome!! The entire staff cares about each and every students well being and education and are always looking in their best interests. The food is fantastic and there’s always an option for anyone and any craving. The professors are always accessible and there are no TAs.

Demine

Robert Morris is a great school providing excellent education. The facilities are beautiful, plenty of networking resources, and small class sizes to ensure your questions are always answered. They truly set you up for success and life after graduation.

Nathaniel

RMU is a great school for academic focus. The buildings are new and up-to-date. Not too big, but a caring and present student body. Professors are always attentive, and I have liked them all, so far. The grounds keepers are excellent, and do an amazing job.