Robeson Community College Top Questions

Deanna

If I were able to give my high school senior self advice on the life lessons I have learned thus far, I would tell myself to slow down. Take your time. That if whatever is so important or for that matter if you are important in the equation, it can wait until after your education is finished. Life is hard in a world where you can no longer get by with only having a high school diploma and the need for higher education is almost not an option. While you are young and your brain is still fresh finish what you have set out to do because once you throw home life and work into the mix it becomes very challenging, though not too late. Stick with your goals of college education because it's worth the time you will be investing and being a college kid really isn't that bad! Once you're out paying bills and making it in the real world, your dorm room , and roommate, will look so comforting as opposed to the unpreparedness of a broken dream in an adult world.

Lyssa

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to stick to my educational plan. I began in healthcare and could have easily been in the nursing field over ten years ago. I would have told myself having children shouldn't stop you from moving along with your education. Keep it pushing because time will continue and eventually you would graduate. Also, don't take out student loans because one day you might end up realizing the education you chose the first time was worthless. Find the healthcare field like nursing and not pharmacy because you will change your mind and drop out.

natasha

If i was a high schooler all over again. I would do everything different. I would study really hard on every subject. I Would also get involved with school activities and events. When i was in high school I didnt spend much time on my studies and I didnt have a plan for the future. I would be on the national honors society and not let anything get in my way. now that i am in college i have been getting awesome grades and focusing really hard. i learned that my knowledge is the only thing that no one can take from me. I focus on school now and not all the high school drama. i think that high schoolers get lost because they dont no what they want to achieve when the enter high school and just getting past it will do for most students. i would tell my self to study hard dont pay attention to drama.. focus on school and studying. It would of made my life so much easier and. I wouldn't have to be going back to school right now in the level i am going. I would be in a much higher level.

Joey

Don't slack off even though i know its senior year. Work hard it will pay off in the future, becuase your future is the most important thing in life.

Norma

I would advise myself to work harder and find out what kind of options were available to me. I would explain that a university is the way to go. I would state that a community college is not the answer. The answer is to find a school that offers a higher standard and a better education. That a four year college is much better; that with a four year college there is more help offfered there. With a community college their are certain ones who get help and the others are left to do the best they can. So do not delay make the decision and get a better education and more help with your financial status as well. In the community college setting there is no help when it comes to your financial aid. You are basically on your own. If you want more financial help and a better place to be choose ,the university setting.