Rochester Hills, MI
Rochester College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester College

Aaron

The college has some aspects to its academic programs to straighten out and organize better, but overall the education seems to be sound and relatively fair for receiving academic achievements. Being a student who used to be a low GPA was able to work and study a bit harder and ultimately achieve a Summa Cum Laude. While my experience is going to be different than other students, I will say that if you do all your work, study for the exams and tests, you will succeed.

Lynn

Rochester College is a great college. Class sizes are small. Many online classes are offered that are convenient to take around your ow schedule. Teachers are available and very invested in their students. Rochester College is an overall wonderful college to attend.

It is a small college but I love it like that. Everyone is accepted and in a community. Very very welcoming and including. Another thing I really love about this college is that the classes are like high school sized classes and we can get help from our professors. Also we have an ACE lab where people are here and can tutor us or help review our writing.

Lainie

Overall, I love Rochester College! I feel they could be more efficient in the way they do things. In a place this small, there are not an overwhelming amount of people working. If there is an issue with financial services for example, you MUST go work with a person face to face. Calling and emailing never does anything. Overall, I love this school. The professors and their availability is something that I especially love and thrive on. I feel that I have a personal relationship with all my professors, and never feel badly asking questions that I need answered.

Joshua

Rochester college provides students with great resources and exceptional teachers in order to help them reach their goals. The class sizes are perfect and professors are very personable and very accessible. The campus life leaves some to be desired, but overall there is something for everyone to do.

A'Lonna

My classmates are driven to succeed just as I am; they are quite and determined.

First it would be amzing to go back in time to show myself what mistakes to turn from to tell me about the decsions I was going to make were not the right ones. That would be Amazing! To answer the question not yet being fully matured there has been some maturation up to this point. I would tell myself to buckel down from day one of my 9th grade entrance into high school; be apart of every faction in school. Be a kid have fun but maintain focus when it is needed; know what is important for my future, help myself out in moving forward. Work hard when others are playing so you can play when they are not. Know the boundaries for where you are and the place you want to be; know what it takes to meet the goals you set for yourself. Be an advocate help those you see in need it takes more than smarts to succeed it takes character and character is what will define you for life. All the minimalistic situations will help to mold you. You can't take everything personal, it is motivation for striving. Focus, determination, living, and laughter.

I had a feeling during my walk thorugh like it was where I belonged, in conversing with the the professors they hsowed sincerity in letting me know that whatever they could do for my success they would do. The belonging is and was the key.

Rebekah

If I could go back and recommend my high school self something, I would tell her, "Take scholarships more seriously. There won't be any difficulty in finding the school of your dreams, but paying for the school of your dreams is more difficult. You will have to pay for school since Mom and Dad can't help. You will also have to eventually buy a car. You will have to grocery shop once in a while and you'll want to go out and have a social life. There are a lot more expenses than what you are thinking of right now. You have so much going for you. You are talented and have big goals. You can win scholarships! Those scholarships will allow you to think of other things besides money in the future and prevent a lot of anxiety. Apply for scholarships now, before your life becomes busy with studies and other work."

I love our professors here! They care so much about what they teach and they genuinely want each student to succeed. They are very understanding and will work with your schedule if you need help. While they conduct research, teaching comes first.

The thing that is considered the worst by a majority of the campus is the food. If you live in the dorms, you have to have a meal plan. Since the school in small the cafeteria isn't always able to cater to every need (lactose allergies, gluten allergies, Vegetarianism). Also, the food is not always the best, but it is being worked towards!

Rebecca

My school is small but that's how I like it. It is super easy to make friends and every student can excell because of small class sizes. There are many opportunities to get one-on-one help for classes from professors.

I could not ask for better classmates. Everyone is friendly and in my first semester I have already made many close friends. The campus is small so everyone knows each other and lifelong friendships can be made.

Becky, Becky, Becky. I know you think you're "busy", but you have no clue, sweetheart. You'll know soon enough, but you know those two papers you're complaining about writing your senior year? Well, i a few short months you'll be writing two papers a month, so get over it. Everything your teachers are telling you is right, the writing and math practice really does come in handy. Oh, and by the way, you're going to have to take out student loans, the one thing you did not want to do. Ever. So I suggest you start filling out scholarship applications while you're still in High School because it will make things a lot easier. Trust me. One last thing: listen to your parents. I know you don't want to, but they're usually right. Yes, usually...at least take what they say into consideration. Good luck!

The students are divided between the dedicated and the overly social, with plenty in between, and most students are very friendly and easy to get along with.

My school is small and social, with almost a small town atmosphere, where everyone knows everyone else, and even the professors develop personal relationships with students.

I have learned how to be independent, to care about my education because I want it, not because I have to attend. My comfort zone has been stretched, and I am becoming the person I always wanted to be. Decisions- whether to sleep in the extra few minutes and be late for class, or get up early (and I am not a morning person) and be on time and ready to learn- are a symptom of adulthood. Succeeding at my coursework and achieve a 4.0 in my first semester has boosted my confidence greatly. I once missed a class because my car doors were frozen shut; I discovered that my parents really do know what they're talking about when they advise me to clean the snow off the car the night before class. I spent over five straight hours working on a paper with a partner, and we aced it. Being homeschooled, this was my first experience working with another person to achieve a good grade, and it was an educational experience. I have learned amazing techniques for not falling asleep during a boring lecture when I have been up until 2 the night before. College is growth.

Carlos

Besides and extension on education, the best thing I have gotten out of my collegiate experience is confidence. I was always skeptical about attending college mainly because I was afraid to fail. I do not know whether it was the word college that scared me or the fact that no one else in my family had attended. I had convinced myself that I just was not college material and so I gave up on it many times. Now that I am in my last year, I can reflect on how much I have shocked myself by not only attending college, but doing well in college. I currently am toggling between a 3.7 and a 3.8 GPA. I am a communications major. Fortuantely, I chose a major that was interesting to me. Most of my classes offer me information I am thirsty for which make the classes feel a lot less like work. My education here is one thing I have and will take with me once I am done. However, the best thing that this school has taught me is that anything is possible once the decision is made to accomplish it.

the worst thing about the school is that the students who are in the extended learning program seem to not be included on the events that take place with teh regualr curriculum students.

the program that the school offers for working professionals is great! I am able to work and take classes after work. these classes work well with my schedule.

Rochester College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.