Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Jaewoo

The learning environment is very soothing and people are very friendly.

The learning environment is very soothing and people are very friendly.

Apply to many scholarships as possible. Coming from a low-income family, i have conserve my money. Even though there are many things i want, i have to live with what i have. This may sound cliche but i want to tell my younger self to study hard and be thankful for having an amazing family to support through my troubles.

Fontaine

The Rochester Institute of Technology is challenging, supportive, creative, large, comfortable, and exetremely focused on academics whether you are an artist or an engineer.

My fellow classmates here at the Rochester Institute of Technology are well rounded, supportive, helpful, creative, careful, intuitive, and active; the students and my fellow classmates all share a common goal, working toward being successful.

If only there was a way to travel back in time. If there were a way, I would go up to myself, tap myself on the shoulder, and pull myself aside for awhile. There would be several topics I would want to discuss with my younger self. I would tell myself that finding the right college is very important, and that in order to find the right college, I should start the college search early. I would tell myself to get the ball rolling, have scholarships ready, and have a plan already thought up. I would tell myself to take more Advanced Placement classes and tests in order to place out of some college courses so I could maybe take more classes in the future. I would also tell myself to work harder at my summer job, get some more hours in there to save up some money for my future. I would tell myself that nothing is more important then preparing for college, for my future. I would let myself know that if I don't put enough thought into my future, then my future will not put a lot of thought into me.

nicole

If i could go back in time and give myself some advice I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could. I would also tell myself to join more clubs and to get out there more, not to be the quite little mouse I was. I would tell myself to not do the nursing thing because I would change my mind to start doing the Vetrinarian Technician. I would also say join clubs in college also and that college wasn't to bad and not to stress because you would have alot of people to help you.

Danielle

RIT is a creative mix of technolgy, science and the arts, where most of the teaching involves hands-on group projects, giving the students a career oriented experience.

My classmates in the Industrial Design program are hardworking, focused, competitive but still supportive, good in group projects, fun, diverse, creative, and friendly.

If I were to travel back in time, I would tell myself to research more. I would research more about my intended major, mechanical engineering. My father is an ME and I figured I would like it too. I was decent at math and science, but my passion was art. Then I would have realized I could combine the two into what my major is now: Industrial Design (or product design). I wouldn't have wasted a year as an engineering major. Research more about scholarships. I wish I had applied to scholarships in high school, because my parents aren't paying my college tuition. I have to somehow come up with that money. While in school, I can only make so much money working. Work also takes time away from my studies. Research more about the environment, my real passion. I am an avid outdoors woman, and am treasurer of RIT's Outing Club, our school's adventuring/hiking/camping/biking/spelunking/geocahing/orienteering (and more...) club. I love nature and want to help our culture become more in tune to our environment. I want to eventually start my own business designing sustainable products and help save our earth.

Jacquelyn

The students are mostly nerds who are amazing with technology, but the staff is not.

My school is best known for engineering and the 70:30 ratio of boys to girls. We are known to not have a big social life and that a lot of weird people and nerds go there. We are known for our great co-op/ interenship program and excellent job placement rate.

Dear Jackie, Stop stressing. You will be fine. You are the officer of three clubs, have a paid internship, a job, play 2 varsity and 2 club sports, and have a 4.2 GPA. Use this last year of high school to lighten up and get out of the books. There is more to life than school. You need more than school to succeed in life. It is good to have high standards, but it is time to try new things. Look around and take full advantage of the things you are surrounded with. Frederick county really isn't as bad as you think it is. Explore. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and live a little. Soon this will all be in the past. The whole world lies ahead for you to take on. Don't worry about what school you end up at because everything happens for a reason. It is all a part of God's plan for you. Live for now and calm down about the future. It will still be there waiting when the time comes.

Travsi

I would tell myself that the most important thing to do is to have fun. You need to explore and look around for what gets you going, what makes you smile with joy. You need to find that thing that give you the motivation to get up out of bed everyday and to enjoy doing it. Once you have found that one thing you'll be happy. Now my emphasis on fun does not mean that you should forgoe ambition and motivation. You need to take your urges of fun to the next level.You have to take an active interest in becoming better, practicing those parts which are most challenging to being the best, those parts which you skip over as they are not as interesting as the rest, but are none the less important. At the end of the day you must need to get better, but have fun all the while. Explore, get motivated and have fun.

The type of people there. This is a tech school and you get a population of people who you would call nerds. I find this pretty great. These people are for the most part really accepting and you don't really have to feel ashamed of who you are. I gotta say, I feel more comfortable being myself here than at most places I've been in my life.

I'm not entirely sure what is. I guess I wish there was a better physics department. This is a technical school so the sciences tend to be the best here. Unfortunatley physics doesn't have the best reputation for being applicable and that seems to impact its standing.

Katherine

RIT is a dry campus. It is in a terrible location, with almost NO bars or youth activities within walking distance. You would have to drive in order to reach the downtown Rochester "bar scene" if you'd call it that, because it's too far to walk, and the Rochester Public Transit system is god-awful. There are 2 restaurants that serve alcohol on campus, but you can only order a drink if you order food as well. Campus is often pretty dead on the weekends. Definitely not what I'd consider a party school. However, RIT is very proud of it's hockey team. Also, the RIT radio station, WITR, is one of the best in the country, if you ask me.

The students at RIT are great. They tend to be a little weird, but in an endearing kind of way. Most of the students there are friendly and approachable, chill, and fairly intelligent in comparison to some other schools.

Giovanni

ar is 2007 I find myself sitting there waiting for 12 PM to come along so I could go home from school, as I am about to leave I stop myself. I set myself down and advice myself to go and take another math class another English class it does not matter that I have all the credits to graduate. I would also apply for more scholarships and would tell myself that college is more important than I have ever thought. The teachers my parents everyone was right knowledge is power the more you know the better off you the better you feel and more accomplished you are. The future is amazing you have two wonderful sons and an amazing wife you don’t only owe it to yourself but to them to provide for them to serve as an example to your children about going to school. I would beg myself to take everything more seriously and actually TRY to better myself and get into a great school and a promising career. Thanks for your time.

Douglas

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to take more AP courses. I was a smart student, I graduated top 5 in my class in high school. I was already signed up for 2 AP classes, and thought that any more would be too dificult. But, knowing what I do now, I would have preferred to take 2 or 3 more AP courses. The reason being that I wouldn't have had to take these courses in college. I now have to pay a lot of money to take these classes, and I could have graduated a semester earlier if I had taken more AP classes.

The cost. It's a great sschool but it is very expensive.

All of the great internship and post-graduate job opportunities. Companies come several times a year to recruit students.

Karina

Time really does fly when you’re having fun. It feels like just yesterday you were playing marbles in the dirt. You never thought senior year would come, but look at you now. Each day you wake up and get ready for school is another day of building success. Although you want to make your last year of high school memorable, don’t forget that this is one the most important years of high school. I know you’re excited about going to college, but remember that it’s not all fun and games. As you enter college, go with the mentality of knowing you can conquer anything that comes your way. Take every class serious and pour your heart into every assignment. There will be days where everything seems to just pile up on top of you, but nothing is impossible and every problem has a solution. Don’t put anything to the side; turn in everything ahead of time before deadlines. If you follow these simple suggestions college will be a breeze for you. Remember you’re young and what you do now will affect your future. Good luck!

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.