Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Datoria

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to never stop doing scholarships. Even though you may not win 10 scholarships out of the 1000 you submitted, you should still continue to apply. You never know what you could win if you don't try. One day you could win a full ride scholarship to any school that you choose, but you will not know if you don't try. I would tell myself that I understand how let down you feel when you don't when a single scholarship out of the all the ones you submitted, but you cannot let that stop you. You have to want this more than anything because if you don't no one will. You are the one who controls your future, and no one else. No matter how many times you get knocked down you have to get back up, and try again until you get where you want to go. The most important thing you should remember is to not let having no money stop you from reaching your goals in life.

I think the only thing I would consider to be a bad thing about my school is that its extremely expensive. I always find myself hoping I will be able to continue my education at this school. Unlike some of the students that I have come across, I do not have someone I can ask for help. I have to relentlessly apply to numerous scholarships, and hope that I reviece at least one. Times are hard, though, so everybody is trying to apply and win money for school just like I am.

The best thing about my school would have to be the opportunites that you can recieve from attending this school. They have an amazing co-op program. This is the reason I want to continue to study at my school. I want to have the same opportunities as everyone else. I know that I can be just as amazing as long as I have the right education behind me.

Bennoni

Peopel who are interested in other people. One of the best things about RIT is the amount of diversity there is and the amount of people out there in the world who have ridiculously crazy backgrounds in lots of things.

You'll meet so many people with amazing backgrounds and they all want to be friends with you, so dn't be scared of the future. You'll be alright, just trust your decisions and apply to more scholarships.

Courtney

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to not rush out of high school. High school is when you can truely act like a kid and have fun, and that move to college is a big step, so enjoy it while it lasts. The next advice I would give would be to to be smart, and NEVER buy textbooks for full price. My first semester I bought my textbooks from my college bookstore, and I haven't gotten them from the bookstore since. You save so much money when you get them from a website or even use ebooks. You will be saving money and paper. My next advice would be to make friends with everyone. It makes the transition to not knowing anyone a lot easier. I was never a very outgoing person, but my first quarter at school I really broke out of my shell and tried to make new friends. It made being away from my old friends a lot easier. And lastly I would tell myself to call my mom more often. She was always worried sick.

I wish I had known how truely life changing college would be. It doesn't as much change who you as a person are, but you realize the type of person you want to be in the near future. You learn a lot about whether you can be away from family or you can travel miles away. You learn how to manage your time, and most importantly out of everything I wish I knew how responsible you have to be in college. No one is going to run after like in high school for work.

The most frustrating part about my school, would be how little females attend my school. It is hard for me as a female to find many female friends. As I look around I find that most of my friends are males.

Forrest

One of the most important features of post-secondary school was the use of studying. There were things that would better our understanding of how college classes work. First being that in the college classrooms you must teach yourself and use your personal ability to learn and pass each class. The next thing about college is you should make about three hours for studying for every hour of class that you attend to apply what you learned in class to what you write about and study for. Stay true to your understanding about education. Make it what you want and choose what you want to learn about. Spend the time that you have in the first couple of years you are given in college to work on your character and who you are as a person. Put as much energy into school as you can, embrace the options your advisors give you and become involved in the community. The people that you open yourself to will in turn open themselves to you, positive or negative, every interaction is an experience. So have fun and don't stress over the microscopic things and keep your mind on the bigger picture.

Jaewoo

The learning environment is very soothing and people are very friendly.

The learning environment is very soothing and people are very friendly.

Apply to many scholarships as possible. Coming from a low-income family, i have conserve my money. Even though there are many things i want, i have to live with what i have. This may sound cliche but i want to tell my younger self to study hard and be thankful for having an amazing family to support through my troubles.

Fontaine

The Rochester Institute of Technology is challenging, supportive, creative, large, comfortable, and exetremely focused on academics whether you are an artist or an engineer.

My fellow classmates here at the Rochester Institute of Technology are well rounded, supportive, helpful, creative, careful, intuitive, and active; the students and my fellow classmates all share a common goal, working toward being successful.

If only there was a way to travel back in time. If there were a way, I would go up to myself, tap myself on the shoulder, and pull myself aside for awhile. There would be several topics I would want to discuss with my younger self. I would tell myself that finding the right college is very important, and that in order to find the right college, I should start the college search early. I would tell myself to get the ball rolling, have scholarships ready, and have a plan already thought up. I would tell myself to take more Advanced Placement classes and tests in order to place out of some college courses so I could maybe take more classes in the future. I would also tell myself to work harder at my summer job, get some more hours in there to save up some money for my future. I would tell myself that nothing is more important then preparing for college, for my future. I would let myself know that if I don't put enough thought into my future, then my future will not put a lot of thought into me.

nicole

If i could go back in time and give myself some advice I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could. I would also tell myself to join more clubs and to get out there more, not to be the quite little mouse I was. I would tell myself to not do the nursing thing because I would change my mind to start doing the Vetrinarian Technician. I would also say join clubs in college also and that college wasn't to bad and not to stress because you would have alot of people to help you.

Danielle

RIT is a creative mix of technolgy, science and the arts, where most of the teaching involves hands-on group projects, giving the students a career oriented experience.

My classmates in the Industrial Design program are hardworking, focused, competitive but still supportive, good in group projects, fun, diverse, creative, and friendly.

If I were to travel back in time, I would tell myself to research more. I would research more about my intended major, mechanical engineering. My father is an ME and I figured I would like it too. I was decent at math and science, but my passion was art. Then I would have realized I could combine the two into what my major is now: Industrial Design (or product design). I wouldn't have wasted a year as an engineering major. Research more about scholarships. I wish I had applied to scholarships in high school, because my parents aren't paying my college tuition. I have to somehow come up with that money. While in school, I can only make so much money working. Work also takes time away from my studies. Research more about the environment, my real passion. I am an avid outdoors woman, and am treasurer of RIT's Outing Club, our school's adventuring/hiking/camping/biking/spelunking/geocahing/orienteering (and more...) club. I love nature and want to help our culture become more in tune to our environment. I want to eventually start my own business designing sustainable products and help save our earth.

Jacquelyn

The students are mostly nerds who are amazing with technology, but the staff is not.

My school is best known for engineering and the 70:30 ratio of boys to girls. We are known to not have a big social life and that a lot of weird people and nerds go there. We are known for our great co-op/ interenship program and excellent job placement rate.

Dear Jackie, Stop stressing. You will be fine. You are the officer of three clubs, have a paid internship, a job, play 2 varsity and 2 club sports, and have a 4.2 GPA. Use this last year of high school to lighten up and get out of the books. There is more to life than school. You need more than school to succeed in life. It is good to have high standards, but it is time to try new things. Look around and take full advantage of the things you are surrounded with. Frederick county really isn't as bad as you think it is. Explore. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and live a little. Soon this will all be in the past. The whole world lies ahead for you to take on. Don't worry about what school you end up at because everything happens for a reason. It is all a part of God's plan for you. Live for now and calm down about the future. It will still be there waiting when the time comes.

Travsi

I would tell myself that the most important thing to do is to have fun. You need to explore and look around for what gets you going, what makes you smile with joy. You need to find that thing that give you the motivation to get up out of bed everyday and to enjoy doing it. Once you have found that one thing you'll be happy. Now my emphasis on fun does not mean that you should forgoe ambition and motivation. You need to take your urges of fun to the next level.You have to take an active interest in becoming better, practicing those parts which are most challenging to being the best, those parts which you skip over as they are not as interesting as the rest, but are none the less important. At the end of the day you must need to get better, but have fun all the while. Explore, get motivated and have fun.

The type of people there. This is a tech school and you get a population of people who you would call nerds. I find this pretty great. These people are for the most part really accepting and you don't really have to feel ashamed of who you are. I gotta say, I feel more comfortable being myself here than at most places I've been in my life.

I'm not entirely sure what is. I guess I wish there was a better physics department. This is a technical school so the sciences tend to be the best here. Unfortunatley physics doesn't have the best reputation for being applicable and that seems to impact its standing.

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.