Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Katherine

RIT is a dry campus. It is in a terrible location, with almost NO bars or youth activities within walking distance. You would have to drive in order to reach the downtown Rochester "bar scene" if you'd call it that, because it's too far to walk, and the Rochester Public Transit system is god-awful. There are 2 restaurants that serve alcohol on campus, but you can only order a drink if you order food as well. Campus is often pretty dead on the weekends. Definitely not what I'd consider a party school. However, RIT is very proud of it's hockey team. Also, the RIT radio station, WITR, is one of the best in the country, if you ask me.

The students at RIT are great. They tend to be a little weird, but in an endearing kind of way. Most of the students there are friendly and approachable, chill, and fairly intelligent in comparison to some other schools.

Giovanni

ar is 2007 I find myself sitting there waiting for 12 PM to come along so I could go home from school, as I am about to leave I stop myself. I set myself down and advice myself to go and take another math class another English class it does not matter that I have all the credits to graduate. I would also apply for more scholarships and would tell myself that college is more important than I have ever thought. The teachers my parents everyone was right knowledge is power the more you know the better off you the better you feel and more accomplished you are. The future is amazing you have two wonderful sons and an amazing wife you don’t only owe it to yourself but to them to provide for them to serve as an example to your children about going to school. I would beg myself to take everything more seriously and actually TRY to better myself and get into a great school and a promising career. Thanks for your time.

Douglas

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to take more AP courses. I was a smart student, I graduated top 5 in my class in high school. I was already signed up for 2 AP classes, and thought that any more would be too dificult. But, knowing what I do now, I would have preferred to take 2 or 3 more AP courses. The reason being that I wouldn't have had to take these courses in college. I now have to pay a lot of money to take these classes, and I could have graduated a semester earlier if I had taken more AP classes.

The cost. It's a great sschool but it is very expensive.

All of the great internship and post-graduate job opportunities. Companies come several times a year to recruit students.

Karina

Time really does fly when you’re having fun. It feels like just yesterday you were playing marbles in the dirt. You never thought senior year would come, but look at you now. Each day you wake up and get ready for school is another day of building success. Although you want to make your last year of high school memorable, don’t forget that this is one the most important years of high school. I know you’re excited about going to college, but remember that it’s not all fun and games. As you enter college, go with the mentality of knowing you can conquer anything that comes your way. Take every class serious and pour your heart into every assignment. There will be days where everything seems to just pile up on top of you, but nothing is impossible and every problem has a solution. Don’t put anything to the side; turn in everything ahead of time before deadlines. If you follow these simple suggestions college will be a breeze for you. Remember you’re young and what you do now will affect your future. Good luck!

Heidi

I would tell myself to finish the college degree that I started so many years ago. I would also tell myself to think about what you want you actually want to do with your life so that a person can pick an appropriate major. I would also lecture myself on the importance of further education and that it does indeed matter.

Caitlyn

In high school, I was freaking out about college. I had big dreams and a small budget. I’d certainly tell myself that college can put you in debt extremely fast, but don’t go by the sticker price. Many colleges, especially private ones, have numerous scholarships and financial aid available. I would remind myself that even though you’re paying for college on your own, don’t get discouraged. Hard work will always pay off. Also, I was so excited to leave and be independent! I’d tell myself that it would be a huge change to go from 18 years of dependence to complete independence. It might seem fun at first, but your friends are not likely to drive 30 minutes to pick you up because your car broke down at 7:00 am. I’d definitely tell myself I’m not a failure for going to a community college first, and it was a great decision that saved $26,000! I’d tell my high school self that I’m proud of you, for the sacrifices that you made, the long hours you put into college, and most of all for working hard to accomplish your dreams.

Leaf

If had to describe my classmates I would say they were nerds.

If had to describe my classmates I would say they were nerds.

First off I would tell my younger self to save as much money as I could from my first job becuase I didn't and it could've saved me from having to use my credit card during the school year. I would tell myself to go for the major I'm enrolled in now that way I wouldn't have to switch during year. If I could go back I would tell him to take art classes or learn from my friends that could draw that way I could improve my skills before I went off to college. I would prepare him for the trastic change of weather and diversity that would he would be heading into later that year. Not to mention all the supplies I wouldn't need to get becuase I didn't use them at all. In all I'd tell myself a couple more personal things but I pretty much covered what I'd tell myself If i could go back and tell him what I learned.

I believe that if you have a passion for anything technical you'll definitely fit in at RIT. Of course there's other majors but a majority of the people I've met are nerds like myself so if you're nerdy you should attend here.

valerie

I would tell myself to follow my own passions and not try to fit my goals into what others wanted me to become. If you follow your passion you will succeed, but a career path that you choose because other people push it on you, will not make you happy. The best decisions you make in the next few years will be based on your gut, listen to your instincts. If you truly feel in your heart of hearts that something is wrong, then it probably is. There will always be someone who tells you that you will not succeed, use that negative energy as fuel and prove to yourself and the nay-sayers that you can be whatever you sent your mind to be. The most interesting people I have met in life, are the people that have true passion for their jobs. They exude happiness and it is contagious to others they work with. Be that happy, satisfied person in your career. Be the employee that everyone wants to work with, and be the college student that followed your dreams even when everyone said it was impossible.

The professors are unwilling to move classes around to accomidate a change in schedule, it is a strict sequential schedule

It's reputation is impeccable, you get great experience

Our great game design program and smart engineers! Also, our huge group of deaf people.

Make friends! College is not all about work work work. You need friends and go out when you can and enjoy yourself. You are 400 miles from home and your boyfriend. You shouldn't turn down so many opportunities to go out. Going out will keep you sane from all the work that you will have to do in college.

I wish I was more knowledgeable on video games and other "nerdy" stuff before I came here.

I was an odd teenager: I would spend the majority of my time dreaming about the vast and beautiful world and all the possibilities that lay just beyond the unremarkable greying walls of my high school. The other half, I spent in deep anxiety--- What if I fail that algebra test? What if I never matriculate into Ivy League? What if, upon failing to solve the economic crisis, I end up street-bound and penniless? That said, I would communicate to my younger self that life after high school becomes exponentially more complicated and difficult. I would say: Exorcise control on those things that are within your power. Get good grades, hold a part-time job and learn how to be a compassionate person. Failing to master the minutiae of life is just as bad as neglecting the bigger picture. I never saw myself at age 23, with half a degree, and deciding to divert my career path from 'New York Times best-seller' to foreign relations. But the beauty of youth--- or, rather of life---is to make mistakes and learn from them. I believe it is the only way to achieve true wisdom and success.

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.