Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Lisa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would give myself knowledge that would benefit my life, me as a person and that means knowledge about education. I would tell myself that education is the key to success, and that I should go to a college counselor and find out how to get into college, and all the steps in the processfrom. I would also explain to myself about different majors, and the opportunities a good education gives a person. I would also tell myself, to never stop learning, to always continue to increase my knowledge. I would tell myself that I am a unique individual that can achieve anything she wants. I would tell myself that a great education can build up self confidence and self esteem, help achieve getting a better paying job/career, and regardless of what happens in life, knowledge is the one thing that can never be taken from you. Knowledge once absorbed belongs to the person, and the person alone. I would tell myself that education is an achievement more powerful then anything in the world, because with education a person can achieve anything.

Stephen

They offer an extensive co-op program.

They offer an extensive co-op program.

I did not have to make any major changes to how I approached school. College life is closer to what I wished other years of schooling were. There is not much advice I would need to give my high school self because I was extremely well prepared for what I needed to do in college. There were no difficulties in moving out of my childhood home, nor were their problems with my roommate, and I was able to quickly make friends. Classes were not difficult and moved at a great pace for me while teaching large amounts of information. I feel I was prepared enough for college that I did not need any extra advice.

People interested in Technology, Engineering.

Rebecca

RIT is research and career focused and tends to ignore the liberal arts and having a social life.

There is a large emphasis on research, and students in all majors are required to or encouraged to do coops and internships.

I would tell myself that it is important to make and keep friends as well as join social clubs. College can be an isolating place, especially at a college that almost exclusively focuses on academics, and many people at this college are alone or lonely. It is important to make friends, because without other people to talk to, college can be much harder and more stressful.

Caitlin

RIT is best known for their engineering and business programs. They are some of the best in the country.

I wish that I had known that it was as windy as it is in Rochester. I was not prepared for the windy days walking to class. I would tell anyone who comes to RIT in the future just to make sure they have a windbreaker or something of that sort to wear when you walk to class on the windy days.

I would tell myself not to burn myself out taking too many classes. Also, to make sure I made time for going and doing fun things.

Kristen

The one piece of advice that I would tell my high school self would be this: college is work. During high school, one does not realize how much is served on a silver platter to students. Teachers give frequent reminders about trivial matters, such as homework, quizzes, and tests. One may obtain an honor roll status without any form of active application. In college, your responsibilies are thrust onto you. Your professor will not waste precious lecture time to chide those that didn't complete their own assignments, nor try to locate the students who may not even show up to the lectures. Professors assume that you, a mature college student, can and will be responsible for homework and studying. Thus, I would tell all this to my high school senior self to prepare her for the dramatic shift that will occur in college.

I wish that I would have known how different college is from high school. During the first week of the academic year, I was very nervous that the former issues I left behind in high school would resurface. Needless to say, I quickly realized that college life is a truly unique experience that is full of more positives than negatives compared to high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance between residence halls. Had I known that most of my current friends would live in a particular residence hall, I would have chosen to live there. Instead, I chose to live in a very small, all-female dormitory floor. Although living in a small floor does have its perks, such as less crowding in the restrooms and reduced noise, I often find myself very socially isolated.

Rebecca

I wish I had more programming experience before coming to this school. It would have been much easier for me to transition to my first programming class if I had such critical experience.

This school really helps you obtain a full-time job in your dream field. The co-op office staff prepares you for interviews and gives you advice on how to improve your resume. By having a co-op requirement, students here are guaranteed to succeed in life no matter what they major in. Professors here also can help you in getting an internship and are willing to help you out with any you need help with.

I would take the AP Computer Science class, socialize more with my friends, and learn as much as I can and not for just the grades. With the AP Computer Science class under my belt, I would have a much easier time transitioning to my first programming class, which can be daunting to those who have never learning fundamental programming concepts. By socializing more with my friends, I would have deeper connections with them and have more fun in my life. Such activity is also a great stress reliever from academic coursework. With my passion for learning, I can grasp more material much quicker and achieve more success in both academics and in my career field than when I focused on just achieving that A to impress my parents. Once the stress of obtaining a grade is gone, I can accomplish more than I ever imagined. By taking more risks, I can develop more programs to impact people's lives. My dreams of becoming a video game programmer is already close thanks to my education and life lessons gained from college.

Joyce

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell them that it's okay not to be absolutely sure what career path I wanted to take, because it would all fall into place in the end. I would also tell them to start their college application process early, and that once they were accepted to RIT, to begin the housing and shopping process because that would take up a large portion of the summer. I would also tell myself to begin improving my time management/studying skills, because they'll come in handy when college classes kick up.

A person who is absolutely dedicated to their work should attend their school. If they know what they want to do, they should come here.

The worst thing about our school would probably be the weather. It snows a lot, is often windy and cold, and doesn't see very much variety in the seasons.

websly

My school is awesome , different, very diverse and welcomes all kind of people.

My school is awesome , different, very diverse and welcomes all kind of people.

My classmates are helpful and very proffessional for their age.

Ok that is a very interesting idea that i have never thought of before.However if i truly had such an opportunity, i would try to talk to as much adults as i can. I honestly would have applied to much more scholarships and i wouldnt forget to bring a bicycle on campus. I would tell myself to get in shape mentally and physically for a new beginning and a next level for reaching my potential. And most importantly i would tell myself to :HAVE FUN!!!!

The opportunities here are unending if you look for them. The staff and faculty are there for you to make your college years the best years of your life!

Anyone can attend because there is something to interest every type of person no matter thier interests.

Don't sweat it! It's a lot easier and RIT will make it so easy and you will feel right at home!

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.