Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Chelsea

RIT seems to be a fairly open-minded and inclusive campus. Being a lesbian, I have never been the target of gay bashing on campus. Compared to when I first came to RIT, the GLBT community has grown and expanded through RIT Gay Alliance (RITGA) as well as by recently obtaining a GLBTQ Center on campus. Although I feel RITGA has a lot of work to do in proving its worth and showing more GLBTQ support and pride, I have seen impovements and am hopeful that RITGA will become even stronger in the near future with the aid of the new center.

I would like to say no, but within the college of engineering I'm afraid it's true. However, there are many other colleges within RIT that contain a large variety of people and cultures.

Majority of students are antisocial computer geeks with no social skills.

Gene

RIT is very.... designed by an engineer. All the buildings are numbered in some crazy order that you would have to spin the map and throw numbered darts to understand, but you pick it up fast. The size at least compared to what I've grown up next to (THE Ohio State University) this is a small medium sized school in both student population and campus physical layout. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon can normally be done in like 2 or 3 here, and walking from dorms to academic side is over dramatized. Normally on foot (gentle mozzy) it's like 12-15 with a strong head on wind. Freshman year so far has been spent on campus, but really there are so many things to do like events (which normally have FREE FOOD!) are a blast and come on, Free Thursday Night Movie, more people should go, that's all I'm sayin. Hockey games are a must even if you don't understand the game it's a blast, I mean guys shoving each-other into the walls.... WHO DOESN"T WANT TO SEE THAT!

The people at RIT are just your atypical bunch, yeah sure there are the groups of once high school jocks and preppy bitches, but for the most part it's sad to say, but it's a school for the average nerd/dork/geek/ or whatever. Most the people here got picked on and have a variety of interest. I mean come on how many schools say their largest club is the Animie Club. Being with Deaf students is an experience too. I mean you get used to hearing noises that sound like a seal barking, or the pure passionate moans of sex a few floors below you. Most can't hear at all so why should they care, it catches you off guard at first, and their giggles from all the hearing students, but there's really no difference other than where your "voice" comes from. You don't have to learn sign but knowing some really does help. I mean, at the cafeteria I learned to sign cheese because I always ask for a slice of cheese for my Chicken sandwich, so most of it's just from . I know plenty of people though that don't use any and get along just fine. Expect to see a lot of people from the state of New York, and if you're from a state west of New York (Mid West) like me, everyone has this stigmatism of hillbillies until you get to a major city and then it breaks up and once out of it it starts up again. Nothing horrible just comical, at how New Yorkers know nothing about geography.

Okay, roughly a month before I came to school, I went through a large lifestyle change. I both came out to myself, family, and a few close friends. It was a large weight off my shoulders, and it also helped that everyone was fine with it... so far, but then that weight was replaced with another one, when another gay friend of mine had told me that because of him being gay he had already gone through two different roommates, before he even moved in. This FREAKED me out at what my future roomie might say or react horribly and I would end up alone and get charged a single rate. I was going to be over five hours away from home, without any friends or family for me to talk to or get to if something went negative with my future roomie. So I decided not to tell my roomie right away, I mean it had only been about a month, I was still getting used to it. Well, then cames move in day, we meet everything is going well, and move in day turns to days, days turn to weeks, and weeks turn to midterm. I was using this time to try to figure out how my roomie might react so there wasn't mass anger or fear when I told him, also I wanted him to realize that just because I was gay only changed was whom I was attracted to, and nothing else. So one day I asked him out of genuine interest, when he first found out I was his roommate, what kind of person did he expect, and what kind of stereotypes he had placed on me (just out of human nature) including those first few weeks we had lived together. Well one of the first stereotypes he had was based off my Facebook interests, Theater, so he said that he expected that I could be gay and he was fine with that, but that he didn't want to bring it up, as long as I wasn't hitting on him. So the conversation continues, and when it kind of dies down a little I took in a deep breath and tell him he wasn't wrong, and that I was, and am gay. So we talk about how it was all good, how this came to be, and if there were any taboo things he couldn't say or do, and if he had already done/said some already. But I just said "I would have said something already, I'm still me, gay or not". It all worked out and college how been a blast so far. I just really want to say (yes even after my three month story) that yes there are people here that or racists, homophobes, and stereotypists, but they're small and there are so many open arms that they're practically invisible.

No, not really. Now yes you see those people around, but most of the people here at RIT are friendly, sunshine enthusiasts so do not be to fearful, and just know you jump out of your safety zone it'll be SO MUCH better in the long run.

Classes here vary from quarter to quarter, person to person, major to major, and every other imbetween. Studying is recommended for classes that aren't project based, and I rarely see someone who never has time to relax and hang-out because of studying or class work all the time, but there are those select times, but normally they're only like 2-3 days long. Most of the professors work at learning names, and if you talk to them the sooner they learn it. I've even just been talking with professors as we leave that class to the point either I walk to their car or they walk to my dorm building and then one of us realize, "Crap, wrong way!" (never any missed classes or such, due to this thankfully).

Some stereotypes for RIT, at least the ones that I told other people were that "RIT students are just a large group of Star Wars, D&D, Lord of the Ring, nerds that do not even see the light of day when it can be avoided.

Alex

Whatever it may be - if it's something fairly geeky or obscure, you'll find a group of people that know it and love it. I would change the housing process, including the mess that is the Park Point apartments - $1000 per student per month, with no priority to RIT students? What a joke. The school is just right- plenty of diversity, and you're rarely stuck with the same group of people for more than two classes. People are impressed when I say that I go to RIT. I spend most of my time in the residence halls. "What college town?" I honestly don't want a college town, I like where the bookstore is placed currently. RIT administration, I don't think they really think things through, or consider what will actually benefit students. Recent controversy? Some graphics media professor being arrested for child rape. School pride is there, but most people don't care. I don't. RIT's building design and placement has created a wind tunnel for students walking to classes. It's terrible on windy days, what is 50-60mph winds elsewhere is magnified to 75-80mph winds between the buildings. I'll always remember the Legend of Zelda race that was held on our floor's lounge. Four tvs, two gamecubes, a Wii and a Nintendo 64, 12 hours of fun.

The RIT Gay Alliance thoroughly disappointed me with its lack of organization, and the general feeling of being ignored/unwanted because I did not care about the "gay agenda" nor did I identify as anything. Cliques formed very quickly amongst new group members, and I stopped going to meetings after a month. I can't think of any student that wouldn't be welcome here- even the non-tech savvy enjoy it here. I can't stereotype what "most students" wear because there is too great of a diversity of people on campus. Different students interact, although there is often a hesitance between different groups sometimes because of communication issues. Most RIT students are from within New York State, particularly the Rochester area.

The way that RIT gives special treatment to deaf students when it comes to class registration is ridiculous. They get to register a day ahead of their hearing classmates, and professors are required to hold some spots in their class for deaf students to register. They also gives special treatment to the Greek houses when it comes to the alcohol policy. The campus is a dry campus, so if anyone is caught with alcohol on campus, they are immediately punished. However, the Greek houses are allowed to have alcohol on their premises, despite having underage students in them. Why should they get special treatment? Students with learning or mental disabilities don't receive special treatment for registration, and students in the dorms are suspended from school if they're caught with alcohol.

Somewhat - not everyone here is like that, but there are definitely people that stand out as these stereotypes.

A few professors know my name, but most don't care to learn their students' names unless the student frequently visits them during office hours. My favourite class has been Cyber Self Defense- ridiculously easy course, but the professor made it worthwhile with his interesting and stimulating lectures. Least favourite would have to be Discrete Mathematics. The professor did not know how to properly convey the material, all he did was give example after example and I had to figure out how to solve eahc problem on my own. Too much time was spent trying to teach myself the course. Most students study a few hours per week. Class participation depends on the course and how stimulating the professor is- most people are practically braindead in the introductory philosophy courses, but there is more participation in the writing seminars. Networking Security and System Administration has a few common sense courses that make the major seem boring, but the higher levels appear to be much more enjoyable. I don't spend much time with professors outside of class, unless going over an error in a test or encountering a problem with the course material. Some of the academic requirements are ridiculous. The Programming for IT courses don't really teach you a good understanding of programming. I honestly think that NSSA and Game Design majors would benefit much more from taking the Computer Science courses to get a better grasp of programming. RIT is very focused toward getting its students a job.

I don't know about the most popular clubs/groups on campus, I prefer spending my time with friends at the dorms. My hallway almost always leaves our doors open. Athletic events aren't very popular here, unless someone knows one of the team members. Guest speakers are ignored- we don't get anyone interesting or exciting, in my opinion. I don't care for or partake in the 'dating scene'. I did not meet my closest friends at RIT. If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I'm probably hanging around the hallway with other floormates, joking around and having fun. People don't party on my floor, as we're the alcohol/substance-free floor. I don't like fraternities or sororities, and I have noticed that most students don't like them either. They're not important here, to me at least. I studied for finals last weekend. I can play videogames with fellow floormates, go to a movie, watch dildo infomercials with a large group of floormates and laugh at the ridiculous products put on sale. Off campus, you can go to Walmart, Barnes & Noble, to the movies, or go out to eat. I don't get off campus much, and I prefer it that way.

The kids that stay in their rooms all the time playing World of Warcraft, the people that take Dungeons and Dragons way too seriously, the obnoxious, immature, and overzealous anime fans, the people that believe they're really a vampire or a red mage, students that don't ever bathe, the cape girls/boys, the Gandalf wannabes, etc. The list goes on.

Mel

The best thing about RIT is the student body. I don't think I've run across too many closed-minded people in my stay here, and you can talk to just about anyone because you will share some common interest. The diversity is also great after coming from a really small town. If I could change one thing, it would be the weather, but I would rather have it too cold than too hot. The size of the campus and student body is about right. It's hard to walk to class without seeing someone I know. I haven't had the opportunity to ask anyone to come to RIT yet. Most of my time on campus is spent either in a coffee shop with friends or hanging out with people in the dorms. I also spend a lot of time off campus at the mall. Speaking of the mall, the college town right outside of RIT has a lot of places to go, and there's also Rochester itself, which from what I've seen is a pretty cool city with a few noteworthy spots. Biggest controversy on campus is, well nobody has time now to gossip because the few weeks leading up to the end of the quarter are REALLY stressful. There is a lot of school pride, but not in the traditional sense. People here aren't too thrilled with sports, although the occasional hockey game gets the blood rising. RIT school spirit is more about being original, because a lot of people here have been told throughout high school that they didn't fit in. At RIT, everyone fits in because everyone is diferent. There are so many interesting, unique people on campus, and I think that originality is what RIT is all about. The most frequest student complaints are usually about the cold, or the food at Gracies, the freshman dining hall. The fact is that they choose what they eat there, and if it looks sketchy or tastes wierd, then it's their fault that they ate it.

Most groups on campus aren't radical, and are more curious about others than confrontational. A closed-minded student, unwilling to accept different viewpoints would feel out of place, because everyone is different at RIT. Again, it depends on the student. There might be people wearing buisiness suits, pajamas, casual clothes, or miniskirts (especially if they're transgender). Different types of students interact a lot, especially hearing and deaf. There's a lot of people that know sign language or a willing to communicate by other means. Table one: a kid with a collar and a tail, two girls in casual clothes, and a guy with huge headphones, Table two: a group of deaf students, one is wearing a cool hat. Table three: a group of students studying and watching a hockey game. Table four: a student sits alone because his friends are in class. There are mostly upper-middle to upper class students here. Depends on the student, but mostly aware and mostly liberal. Students I know don't talk about money often, except for student debt.

For any situation, it depends on who you talk to. You could get some really socially inept people that can't make eye contact, or you could meet someone really cool. The woman thing is ENTIRELY innaccurate. Most of my friends are women, and most people on campus forget that there is an art/photo/animation part of RIT. Also, it shouldn't be too hard to get a date with a woman because most of the guys on campus are gay anyway. A lot of straight guys on campus just use this as an excuse to cover for their own incompetence.

It depends on the class size. In some of the liberal arts courses that everyone has to take, some classes could reach over 200. But most of the core courses or more specified courses have about 30 people, so the professors are usually pretty friendly. Favorite class: Interactive digital media, a combination of design and programming in Flash. Least favorite: Programming 3, professor made it essentially a self-taught course. A lot of students at RIT are smart, so sometimes they don't have to study, but there are study sessions that I would imagine are the same as other universities. Whether students have intellectual conversations outside of class depends on the student and subject, however, most of the time, if a topic comes up in normal converation, students discuss it academically. of course students are competitive, this is a capitalistic society, but there are group projects and students tend to help eachother when asked for help. Most unique class: Massage: learned massaging techniques and practiced on other classmates. Game design and development: pretty much the most kick ass major anywhere, but that's not to say it's not challenging. We make games, but don't always get a chance to play them. Sometimes, I usually only go to a professor's office hours it they are interesting people that I wouldn't mind sitting down and talking with. The requirements are rigorous, but I would rather be challenged than stagnate in my ignorance. Your goal at RIT is your own, sure you can go bare bones and only take courses related to your major, but you are also allowed to take extra courses if there is a topic that we are interested in.

Anime club, RITGA, and no voice zone are really popular. I'm only involved in the first two. Anime has two showings a week and hosts an anime convention in the spring. RITGA is a friendly group of glbtqqaa students aimed at socializing (at the moment), there's movie and game nights, and they hold special events on campus sometimes. Yes, most dorms have an open door policy and most floormates know eachother. Hockey games are popular, and basketball is growing in popularity. Haven't yet gone to a guest speaker. As far as the dating scene goes, I can only go into the rainbow spectrum, but there's a lot of options because of the uniqueness of the people at RIT. Also, you can always head to UofR or the city of Rochester and try to pick up a date there if you know something is going on. I met my closest friends through orientation and through other friends. I also met them at clubs, like tae kwon do and ritga. I am off campus, either in a 24 hour coffee shop or diner, or at a nightclub. I'm new to the campus, so I don't know traditions yet. Depends on the person and time of year, if it's after a stressfull period, everyone parties but if there's finals or something most students are focused on work. Greeks don't really hold any relevance on campus, I don't see the point of joining one at RIT. Last weekend I went on a double date to the mall and I-HOP for valentines day <3. You can always do whatever you like to do with friends, whether it's watching movies, playing videogames, or just hanging out. I go clubbing off campus, then go to either Denny's or Jay's. The mall too, and eating. There's also always Java's.

There's a lot of these. Mainly that people on campus are big geeks who live on the internet and use the term IRL way too often. Also that there aren't many women on campus, so it's hard to find one.

Tate

MUD TUG! Tug o' War in a pit of mud. Only $10 to register with all the money going to cancer research. Makes teams with your friends, with your floormates, or new kids!

Out at dinner you're likely to see a table of deaf students signing while they eat, some teammates at another table, an entire hallway out to eat together, and some friends from different buildings and majors. RIT is really diverse and an opportunity to met people from different religions, nations, and interests.

In college there's three things: friends, grades, sleep. Pick two.

Stereotypes about the boys who play WOW all day and never leave except sometimes to eat... yes - those boys exist. The boys who are awesome far outnumber those select pale few however.

I'm a freshmen on campus doing research in my field - physics - and am getting paid for the time I contribute to the lab. My job is to make my resume look better while learning relevant applications of physics at the same time. If that isn't career orientated, what is?

Walking from one side of the dorm to the other takes ten minutes. Everyone has their doors open playing guitar hero, watching new movies, playing music you've never heard, shooting stuff in halo, practicing some sport, or actually studying.

There's no girls. Wait, I'm a girl! Alright, so I have the "librarian" glasses, but I'm normal besides I swear. Okay, that's a lie, I'm a physics major; I can't be normal. Honestly though, I spend more time with friends than studying, and love to stay active with all the sports and events going on - all while holding a 4.0 gpa.

Casey

The Best thing about RIT is nothing! lol No the best thing will have to be the good companies that come during career fairs to recruit people for coops internships and full time jobs. I guess we have a good reputation of having smart students(true) so good companies come to recruit; mind you I haven't even reached the stage where I'm attending career fairs and yet I know! WHen I first arrived on campus (i never came to open house or anything) I thought the campus was super huge with a lot of people and I'd need a car for sure but I was sooo wrong!! The school is big but it really isn't that big. It's small enough to walk everywhere but large enough to have buses that take the lazies around. Also after the first two QUARTERS (yes quarter system something i did not know) I basically knew people enough to notice when tranfers or any people came in (maybe im jus weird) but you can definitely tell for some reason... Most of my time is spent in my friend's room!! When im not at work, class, job, or a club, her room 4sure!!! The next place would be the Student ALumni union aka SAU We are working on school pride, but currently there DEF is no school pride lol, maybe if they changed the very very ugle colors (brwn and orange not cool). People complain about the registration process! You have to wake up early on your designated day just to be able to register for your preferred class and sometimes you wake up 4 no reason cuz you still dont get in (6am if you're wondering). People complain about the places the buses DONT go off campus and how often it runs. People complain that RIT is WACK (i agree) There is no collegetown(not now anyways they are working on that) . ROchester is a very dull place unles you lik museums and such things and make sure you have a car to get there... Oh yeah not enough parties or good parties something along those lines. A lot of people complain about Gracies ( a dining place for students mostly for the freshmans ha ha lol). People claim the food is not good. In my opinion, Gracies is ok. Yes sometimes the food are a little... something i dont even know what word to describe it.... They have some positives that people usually dnt mention (if you lik to eat a lot this is the place for you because you can eat as much as you want). WHen I tell people I go to RIT they r like WHAT who where when and HOw? lol.. Im not surprised because I never heard of it neither and certainly did not know it was as prestigious as people keep saying it is. An unusual thing about RIT, that people also complain about is the holidays. since we run on a quarter system we have two WHOLE weeks for thnx givin break and another two weeks 4 XMAS break!!!! Other schoools usually have a month at least in NY.\ Controversies? I have no idea... im pretty sure there been a few maybe pero no se. The new President is pretty cool though!!! Quick shout out to PResident Destler lol

I'm black and there are VERY few blacks here (I know almost everyone that is), there are very few Latin people here, and so on (no offense to any other minority). I personally haven't encountered any problems, especially not from any Prof. Im usually only the minority in my classes but I never really notice. It's not something that's major (to me at least)even though I'm from the city where theres more diversity. The only thing I noticed is that the white people (from MY experience and more the females)aren't as open to being cool and chilling with you or whatever. I feel like I have to make more of an effort or something, but guys are more fun anyways so I dont care either ways. This is not true of the whole student body, just SOME of the people I've met. I think everyone is cool with everyone though regardeless of race or sexual orientation from MY EXPERIENCES. You might feel a little out of place if Your into dressing nice!!! lol I'm not use to seeing people wear the biggest sweats ever and slippers when it freezing outside. If you are sane like myself you'll feel out of place, let's just leave at that. Im from New YOR CIty.. Dress to impress YOURSelf if noone else... I would say a lot of people dont put much thought into what they wear. COme career fair though people change into human beings that dress nice lol. It's possible for different types of students to intereact as long as they are willing to. 4 tables of students in dining hall: table 1 same as table 2 similar to table 3 similar to table 4.. i don know. There's not much diversity, but there are different people .. i dont know this is a tricky question!!! i think i already answered this one most RIT students are form EVERY WHERE.. Inernational students, a lot of Upstate NY people, cali, Virginia, texas, different places. finacial? i dont know. i cant tell the rich from the poor eventhough i know a few of the rich (a couple of them bing international) Politically aware: yes active? kind of mayb lots of liberals/democrats dnt kno earn 1day:some do

RIT is a good place for education, but social life you have to make for yourself (very hard task but possible). Dont buy books from campus connection!!! dont sell book back to them either. they cheat you in the biggest way. Ask upperclassmen, or go to popular websites for rit students lik bookmaid.com be ready to do a lot of work and quarter system is very challenging but YOU cAN do it!! lol. Make connections so you can learn all the "tricks" lol they really help. Get ya butt on grade my prof website b4 you put yourself in a class!!! jUST ask ask and ask. Oh yeah get invloved or you'll be bored as hellll!!!! Good luck 2 ya

Yes they are all accurate (99.8% accurate)

Prof/ Names: Yes they know your name specially if you are a minority with a very strange name like myself lol. Every prof. I've ever had knew my name even in the large 100 student lectures.. why i dont kno... im not one of those people that go and tlk to the prof after class except for those few times I needed help. IF you are in a small class they will def kno your name especially if you stand out somewhow (and i dont just mean race!!!) The BEST classes will have to be the small liberal arts ones, BEautiful teachers I love them. This is probably bias because I'm better at such things but still. They are usually smaller, and I feel like I actually learn things from these teachers and the students that participate (like creative nonfiction, intro to poetry, latin america literature. The BEST class I ever took in RIT is Public SPeaking with Reeves O'Connor. I loved it. EVEryone should take this class. You learn so much about things you never knew in your life from your fellow peers and the speeches they give. I enjoyed this class, and I was sad when it was over (everyone in the class felt this way!) My least favorite classes were the sciences (Chem and Bio class in particular) Over a hundred students... Only 3exams that determine whether you fail or not...ONce again this is bias because Im not a science person eventhough it's my major. Even those who loved were bored though... Everyone studies a different amount depending on the kind of student they are and depending on what class you are taking. The people I know don't study too much though lol (myself included... but hey im too smart for such things). Yeah people participate in most of the classes I've taken as long as they know what the teacher is talking about. I would say kind of.. Intellectual conversation.... yeah kind of. Thats all I have to say about that. I know my friends and i do atimes... Matter fact yes RIT students do have intellectual conversations... I wouldnt say students are competitive. I mean we all want to succeed! This is not H.S where everyone's asking what did you get while the whole class is listening. I think if anything the competition might be more among friends that are in the same class. In my circle we tend to help each other more than anything, and I believe that is representative of other people too.. maybe. I definitely don't feel an atmosphere of competitiveness though maybe I'm just naive, but I highly doubt it. WEll the major thing is a problem/ big secret that I will reveal right now... I was an Ultrasound student so I was in college of science. If you dont love science get out of it quickly!!! It's a pretty cool major though for those that can actually do well in the sciences. I loveedd my advisor (Hamad Ghazle, very popular dude). he was very helpful, great guy overall. I'm in the Exploration program right now and they are pretty good too. I actually learned a lot about myself and what I'd be good in which is something I was unable to do by myself so it definitely was not a waste of my time (I completed general required courses). Im going into business (human resources management). I went to the College of Business office... the advisor i met with was not friendly at all, she was a little to business like for my taste... I mean im not a computer or robot it seemed as if she was jus tryna move on to the next task unlike my other advisors that actaully care. You also dont have a particular adivsor, you just go there and whoever is on duty gets you (how rudee). I like being able to make m own decisions, but she was making it for me when it came to choosing my classes. She barely gave me any eye contact, and I wasn't even given the chance to ask my questions. SO what I'm saying is I DONT like the business department. I've heard of people that spend time with their prof, but not me. If I see a prof I like on my way somewhere, I might talk to them for a few minutes or something like that. There was this one really cool prof. who invited the whole class over for dinner at the end of the quarter (liberal arts once again lol) at her apartement. It was a greatttt experience. I was reluctant at first because I didnt want to be bored, but we all had a great time and the food was goooood!!! RIT's academic requirements are pretty decent I guess. Nothing ridiculous really. SOme classes are excruciatingly difficult (popular one being BIology, chem, UNiversity physics among others) but you just have to do what u have to do!! The thing that makes it hard is the fact that you're learning an enormous amount of work in 10 weeks ... so everything is like thrown at you and you barely have enough time to keep it in ( i dont really like that but it also has it positives). EDucation here is geared towards getting a job, but there are also general education requirements that are just for learning sake. The coops are what really get you the job though.

Sports: Hockey(cuz they are division 1) then Basketball. Thats all I really hear of but Im just one person. Organization: student gov and CAB (college activities board!!! they bring in cool people lik RIhanna and the likes) Clubs: there's too many but shout out to OAS(org. of African Students). oh maybe Campus crusade 4 christ (i blieve that's what they are called. This is based on the amount of advertisement i see) Im in organization of african students (we are incusive, you can be anything from anywhere). our most popular event is "Africa Week" and the show that it ends with (this year april 11th). I'm on the executive board and it's good practice for leadership skills. it's a cool club i guess. I'm a tinsy bi involved with ALAANA Collegiate (basically for minorities, but inclusive once again). They hold some killer fashion shows with major artists/people (this year Bobby Valentino)among other interesting events. Athletic events aren't really that popular here! They don't even have a football team which is another popular complaint. I'm pretty sure sports here would still be wack regardless... Guest Speakers are pretty good. The dating Scene? Are you guys serious! wow anywayzz thats another thing people complain about. There are way more dudes than chicks, and you'd think being a female I'd be happy but I personally don't find the dudes here attractive at all lol I know you're probably thinking it's because I'm black and want black guys... well sorry to dissapoint but you are wrong! I'm attracted to attractive peopl regardless of race and there are very very very (to the infinity) few attractive dudes here... COme here and see for yourself... this is the one things I've said so far that is NOT Biased lol. That said, I suggest not looking for anyone here because people usually get HUrttt from left to right. Relationships don't last too very long here from what I've seen heard, and if you gotta know been through. This is something you'll have to judge yourself though so I'll shut up now. My closest "friends" I met in clubs, academic programs(NOrth Star Academy), and my dorm. 2am teusday im doing work, or chilling with my friend eventhough i have work to do or should def be sleeping!!! Brick City Homecoming is a big one(very dry and boring in my opinion, shouldnt be called such a thing when compared to other schools homecoming. I cant think of any others right now so i guess thats a bad thing.. Parties: almost every other weekend if not every weekend... NOw are they good parties that is the true question, but then again Im not really in to parties Fraternities SOrorities are existent but i dont really follow them. I only know them by the colors they wear lol I only know a few by name... last weekend? good ques i have no idea, but i promise you it wasnt anything interesting. probably something that involved sleepin, a meetin (dat was fun), and music). on reg weekend tho im chillin with a friend (good fun friends keep you sane here.. that is if you can find any). saturday night: maybe there'll be some event like a concert (not too often tho) go do something off campus if you can find a ride that is if not better stay ya butt home n play spades pool or something like dat. off campus i go shoppin A LOT... this doesnt mean I like the mall, but there is this one store there that has some ok stuff. but yea shoppin is da most thing. eating is possible n movie is too, but only with a ride.

Computer geeks. People that play games continuously for hours on end. Mostly males. A good school educationally

Royce

The best thing about RIT is the quarter system. Right when you start to get sick of classes you are in finals week. This system is very business-like. Warmer weather would be nice, but really can't be changed. RIT is just right in size. With so many different areas of training it is large enough while classes remain small and many students take classes in different colleges within RIT. The coffee shop, Java Willies, is a great place for students to hang out and work on projects. Most students can be found here and many hang out there constantly. RIT administrators are very helpful. Some are geeks like many of the students, but by and large the administrators are passionate figures. President Destler, RIT's 9th and newest president, is pushing for RIT's new image as a University for Innovation. Recently, RIT's hockey team was involved in a huge in game fight sparking a lot of student spirit for their D1 team. The most memorable memory I have is taking classes in Second Life, the online virtual reality world. Students often complain of the cold weather.

RIT has a diverse student body. All races, LGBT, all religions, and level of wealth can be found here. All orientations are recognized by RITs administration. This allows for very unique learning experiences. Students range from quiet to loud, outgoing to introverted. There is a place for all students at RIT. Likewise, students wear clothing from professional to casual to punk rocker. All of these students can be found interacting, especially at the coffee shops. RIT students come from around the world. Many students come from India, and Asia, and Europe as well as from Canada, all of the US and a large portion from New York State. Some students are active in politics though RIT is not known as a rallying type of school. According to Facebook, most RIT students are conservative. I have to disagree though because many outspoken students profess Democratic views.

RIT is known for its steep learning curve. With the quarter system students learn a great deal of information in a short period of time. RIT is constantly under construction, which is good and bad. Recent buildings include the Golisano Institute for Sustainability and a student commons know as Park Point. The construction is a bit annoying but the new areas of study hosted by these buildings are exciting. RIT's diversity really sets it apart as a unique university. Many projects with students from all around the world turn out successful. One such project is Black Cane Label, which is a company that sells clothing to the blind while informing the consumer of the articles specifications and what it might match with. This company was started by a local Rochester student and a Middle Eastern student. RIT is fast paced and very wired. However, the connectivity of the campus is due largely in part to the spirit of RIT students. They desire to reach out to the world and effect it in a positive way.

RIT is not a tech school. Currently going through an image renovation, RIT is becoming know as a University for Innovation. Though Technology classes make up the majority of the classes, many other classes teach non-tech material. The College of Business and Liberal Arts have the majority of non tech classes. Students who attend RIT don't always use computers either. Some in fact hate the things and do terrible in classes that require them. Most of these students however do not attend tech classes. RIT is know as the Brick City, which is an accurate stereotype. Some opinions state that the university is unattractive, but that is up for debate. Most student stereotypes are partially accurate, depending on what area of RIT you are in. While there are few females in the technical colleges, many students in the College of Liberal Arts, College of Business and the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences are in fact females. There are many deaf students at RIT and American Sign Language is like a second language here. However, the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) make up a small percentage of students at RIT. Students with pale skin, severe acne and tendencies to avoid social situations do exist, but most students are outgoing, outspoken while still attending technical classes. The term "nerd" and "geek" is not an insult at RIT and in some cases it is a compliment.

Professors at RIT will go by their first name and many strive to have good relationships with their students. My favorite class was taught in Second Life about Online Advertising. Students at RIT study hard, though some students coasts through. Class participation ranges from tech classes to liberal art classes. RIT students have conversations that many other students can't understand. It is scary sometimes what students discuss. Students at RIT are competitive and team oriented. It is a great place to work as a team. In Advertising & Public Relations students frequently visit their professors and not for class help. The professors in the Department of Communication are very open and willing to chat with students about anything. RIT is a leading career oriented university. Students are required to do co-ops or internships before gradations often allowing students to make real world connections.

At RIT the College Activities Board (CAB) is a very popular organization. They are know for putting on shows featuring Bob Dylan and Jimmy Eat World. The Public Relations Student Society of America is very new at RIT and is working on starting a student run firm this spring. RIT hockey is huge and more alive than ever. Recently, Apple's Steve Wozniak came to speak and enjoyed a large turn out. Apple computers are common on RIT campus. The dating scene is alive and well, even with geeks and nerds. Students also date outside of their ethnicity which is nice. If students are awake at 2 am on Tuesday night, there are likely writing papers due on Wednesday. The highly anticipated Innovation and Creativity Festival this spring is going to be huge and really put RIT on the map as a University for Innovation. Last weekend my team mates met to finish out final project for this quarter. After presenting the project, our team met our professors at the local pub to celebrate. Many activities can be found at night that don't involve drinking. There are late night sports and games, and many students socialize at the campus coffee shop. RIT is currently a dry campus, too.

RIT is known as a tech school by many, even with its broad range of courses and colleges. Some alums will return to talk about past employment when they visit RIT and tell students to expect the question "You went to RIT? You must know a lot about computer." The idea of a "brick city" characterizes people's impressions when visiting RIT, and is the nickname RIT has gained. I am told it is the second largest confluence of bricks in the world. RIT students are often called "geeks" or "nerds" and typically have no negative affect on the students. "There are a lot of deaf people at RIT" is also common. "There are NO girls here!" is another stereotype of the student body. This school is know for technical knowhow. Many stereotypes include students who spend hours on computers and science projects and have extremely pale completions.

Courtney

The best thing about RIT is its facilities, between the gym and from personal experience as a former photography major - RIT has it all! One thing I would change about RIT is the parking. I feel that there should be less reserved parking, and that parking passes should not cost as much as it does. I feel that the school is neither too big nor too small, it's just right like "baby bear." I feel that there are plenty of people and types of personalities where you can never get bored and you have the ability to make a new friend every day. When I tell people that I go to RIT their immediate reaction is either, "Good school," or "You must be pretty smart," which helps boost the confidence. I spend most of my time on campus pretty evenly between the library, the liberal arts building, the Student Alumni Union, and the RITZone (an eatery under the SAU). We are in the process of building a college town. I'm torn on the issue of RIT's administration - the issue of money is always brought up with any and every RIT student. I can't remember the biggest and most recent controversy, but last year we had a student that ended up in the news because he had a weapon in his room at the RIT Inn, and it was directly after the Virginia Tech shooting. School pride is evident on campus when there are sporting events or competitions, such as the Ranger Challenges that the Army ROTC cadets participate in every year. I don't feel that there is anything especially unusual about RIT, but I believe its diversity is something that other schools don't have when I compare colleges with my friends and family members. My number one, favorite experience I will ALWAYS remember is meeting my fiance. He and I were both considering other colleges, and RIT won us both over for other reasons, but we were both the cherries on top of our decisions! The most frequent complaints are tuition prices, the lack of non-reserved parking spaces, and the two-week break at Thanksgiving, instead of adding that second week onto Christmas break.

I came from a rather sheltered section of Long Island, New York. Coming to RIT opened my eyes to a lot of different cultures considering we have students from all over the world! I'm not a religious person, but there are groups you can be a part of, and there's a chapel that accepts all religious sectors that you can attend. I find that the school is very accepting of all students no matter their gender, sex, race, ethnic or cultural backgrounds, or religion. There are kids that can be grouped between the popular masses depending on their majors: the engineers, the business students, the science and mathematics students, and the arts and photographic arts students. I was in the Naval ROTC program, even though it's held over at the University of Rochester, and I was a Fine Art Photography major at the same time during my freshman year. I felt that I couldn't fit in with either of the two groups of people because I was being judged because of my "artsy" major for someone who wanted to be in the military, and I was typically stereotyped as being a "hardcore conservative" among the photo students, and neither of the allegations were true. You can feel out of place, but then again that happens everywhere. You do see students befriending people who are of the same cultural background, but I find that is also a comfort zone for students who aren't from the United States, and it might help them transition to being in a new environment alongside someone who is experiencing the exact same thing. I know from personal experience that different types of students interact. I just helped a friend dye her hair blue a few weeks ago, yet I am one of the most conservatively dressed people I know. I live in a house with two people who are in the military but I also hang out with self-proclaimed socialists and hippies. Although I am not of religious beliefs, my best friend attends church every Sunday and we don't judge one another. RIT has really been a place where I can fit in, with everyone, by being myself. It has been that simple. The four tables of students in the dining hall I see include a table full of girls and boys from the hockey teams. They are all wearing some sort of RIT hockey pride, where it's a sweatshirt, or pair of pants with the tiger paws down the side. They are eating rather healthy food and sharing lots of laughs. I also see a table full of boys with somewhere unkempt hair and rather interesting facial hair. There are beards, and moustaches I have never seen the likes of, although they are not my personal typical crowd I find myself in, they are very enthusiastic about the latest advance in a new nintendo game that was just released. I see another table full of deaf students. They sign at what feels like 100 mph to me, but I can't turn away because they have the most natural and best reactions to one anothers' stories that I have ever seen. The last table I see is full of photography students. They are sharing their latest projects with one another and nodding at each others' criticisms, accepting the friendly banter along with the constructive advice. Most RIT students I meet are from New York. That happens with most states, the biggest population is usually born or living in that current state. I have seen all different financial backgrounds. I have seen students not pay a dime whether they are on scholarship for an ROTC reason, or because they have a great passion and not enough money to attend the school. A friend of mine worked three jobs as best as he could, with a full course load of 18 credits, while his mother worked two jobs back home across the country, so that he could graduate with the finest degree from the school he loved. There are political groups on campus. Whether you support them or not is your choice, but I feel that everyone should remain respectful. There is a socialist group, but there are also the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine cadets on campus that feel offended by their banners and messages at times. Being called "killers" is not something that is taken lightly. There can be harsh words spoken and I'm sure from both sides. I do not mean in any way to offend any socialist whatsoever. I know from experience the beliefs that can be judged from either side, but at least RIT accepts and stands by the freedom of speech. I find that the school is hard to judge politically. It is easy to pick out those who share their opinions openly and freely, but I have learned to stop judging books by their covers. Although I participated in ROTC, I was and still am an independent. And being a photography major doesn't make you a democrat. You have to march to the beat of your own drum, whether you're on the left, right, or middle, that is your decision. You don't have to share your beliefs with everyone you meet. I have found my place in the middle, and that's where I choose to stay. Students share what they plan to earn, or hope to earn, one day. I like to listen to students with plans, who are taking their futures seriously and want to discuss the possibilities of success (financially) that they can and will achieve someday.

Just a bit of advice for students who are unsure of the college experience: it really is what you choose to make of it. Even if you don't choose to go to RIT, I firmly believe that everyone should try to aspire to graduate from a university. Join clubs and organizations, pick a major with something you're in love with, and make the most of what you're given and in the time you're given to complete your degree. It's life-changing, and I see more and more adults in their 40's and 50's coming back for their degrees and their masters because they didn't finish or want to earn that higher degree, to be that much more accomplished. College shouldn't be something that you constantly complain about - it should be a cherished four (on average) years that you will never experience anywhere else. Life holds plenty of opportunities for you to fulfill. To make the journey and never try, is not living a life at all.

Not 100% - RIT is a place where everyone can be themselves, whether someone stereotypes them as a nerd, freak, or geek, someone else may think of them as artistic, inventive, or genius. Once you get past the fact that RIT does not look like other traditional colleges, you appreciate the amount of work it took to lay the brick on the amount of campus that exists.

Certain professors know my name, but if the class has over 150 students I don't personally expect the teacher to know everyone by name, although some may memorize quite a few. I've had quite a few classes that I thoroughly enjoyed, surprisingly one of them being Public Speaking. My favorite class this quarter was the Philosophy of Poker, Monty Python, and Superheroes. My first favorite class that I had my freshman year was History and Aesthetics of Photography. My least favorite class was Materials and Processes of Photography because it was extremely difficult and I felt completely out of my element. Students study more or less depending on the subjects, and their own personal difficulty levels. I will study for days for a class that is much harder than a class that doesn't require memorizing eight chapters of Human Biology. Again, depending on the class and the teacher, participation is taken very seriously, or isn't considered at all. Lectures are a great example. All of my teachers have encouraged questions or input from students, but there are days when students just listen and have nothing to add or ask. Other classes that consist of 20-30 students, are expected to have participation count as part of your overall grade for the course. I find myself having rather intellectual conversations outside of class ranging anywhere between history, to science, to the arts, etc., etc. Students can be competitive, but I don't find it often except in the business department. If there are group assignments or projects, your group wants to have the best product and/or presentation. My most unique class is one of my favorites, the Philosophy of Monty Python, Poker, and Superheroes. My teacher was a 36 year old woman, who loved typical "male" things [according to society], yet she connected with every student on one level, at least! She opened my eyes to other topics I never would've given thought to, and has helped me become a better person. I belong to the Communications department and I am enrolled in the Advertising and Public Relations major. I have been with this department for a full year now, I began RIT as a Fine Art Photography major but realized it was my favorite hobby and not what I was going to turn into an occupation. The APR (Adver./PR) major is more than I expected. I will finish with a professional core in Marketing, which helps my background even further. The professors I have are phenomenal and I find it to be a very active department. I do spend time with one professor outside of class. We grab lunch now and again and talk about life and school. It's as if she's a guidance counselor or a close aunt. It's amazing that RIT has such wonderful scholars. I feel that RIT sets high expectations for its students purposely. They expect great results from great students. College wouldn't be college without the challenges and hardships that we have to face. The standards RIT sets are everything I hope for each and every college student; a path leading them to the "real world." The education at RIT is learning for the sake of getting a job in your own field of passion. The resources we have at RIT are not geared at leaving with a degree for the sake of having the degree. The reason RIT exists is so that students can accomplish whatever they set their minds to, and can end up enjoying for the rest of their lives or until retirement if they so desire. The wide range of majors and minors that are available at RIT was something that made it stand out in my eyes when I applied to universities.

I find that the cultural groups are very popular. I know the Asian Culture group likes to put on fashion shows. I also see signs for the Women's Center putting on shows of the "Vagina Monologues." The most popular teams I'd say are the hockey teams. What is there not to love about an RIT hockey game? The excitement is such a rush, it's as if they're professional teams! There are numerous amounts of clubs that you can belong to. You can be in a club based on what religion you are, based on what country you're from, based on loving video games, RIT has it all. I recently was in the production of "On the 20th Century," the musical that was held the last weekend of January. That was the first musical RIT has put on in seveal years. I found it to be very enjoyable, considering I miss my theater days from high school. I'm also involved in RIT Singers. You can take it for a credit each quarter if you are an RIT student, and you can also join the choir if you're a member of the community. We have two elderly women in the choir, as well as tons of graduates. It's a nice group where we can congregate and sing our hearts out all together! When I lived in the dorms I always tried to keep my door open for people to walk in freely and to make friends and not seem like a hermit. When I wanted my quiet or study time, I shut the door and wrote a message on my white board that said I was either busy or studying and people respected that. Athletic events are very popular at RIT, especially hockey like I mentioned before. I came from a school that did not have a hockey team, and I have so much pride in RIT's hockey teams because they're fantastic and we have the bragging rights of moving up to Division I and kicking butt! (There's the school pride coming out!) There are many guest speakers that come. They usually appear in October for Parents' Weekend which is also known as BrickCity Homecoming. My freshman year we had Rudy Giuliani and Jon Stewart come the same weekend. Needless to say, I was in awe and beyond utter happiness. We also have performers come very frequently - I recently saw Rihanna and was blown away by her performance. The dating scene is what you make of it. Boys complain that they go to a school with too many guys, and girls complain that there are only video gamers that attend RIT. I believe that those students should remain quiet because if they researched their school properly, they could see the boy to girl ratio to begin with, and girls should know with a technology school, you're going to find plenty of student who like video games, I know I sure as heck like them! I met my closest friends through groups I was involved in: ROTC, RIT Singers, and also through my major. I also happen to have a very bubbly personality at times and when I get hyper I talk a lot, whether people want to listen or not, I make friends when I take the extra time to learn about them. If I'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, I'm either studying really hard for a test, or I'm watching a movie and enjoying the fact that my morning class got canceled! Each year there are traditional events like Snow Balls and dances and galas put on by certain departments. People party a decent amount, meaning every weekend. I prefer to attend parties where I know the residents personally, for obvious reasons. I won't go to parties that I know are going to be busted by Campus Safety because that could jeopardize certain things in life I've worked hard to attain. Fraternities and sororities exist on campus, and you see the girls and boys wearing their jerseys or t-shirts and their huge painted signs plastered on sides of buildings, and their sidewalk chalk drawings, but there is no pressure to belong to one. I have seen all sorts of different members and organizations, and many of them work hard on breaking down the assumed behavior of frat boys and sorority sisters. Last weekend I attended a concert for RIT Singers, while I finished up projects and papers for finals week that is coming up, as well as going to work at a clothing store in the local mall. You can do plenty of things on Saturday nights besides drink, anyone who says otherwise is lying. RIT holds plenty of events, as well as making sure that students can attend things off-campus as well. Downtown holds plenty of different locations to explore like the George Eastman House, or different local museums or theatres like the Geva Theater or the BlueCross Arena. The dollar movie theater is one of my favorite things here locally because you can't beat the prices and it's less than five minutes from campus. I live off campus now and live between downtown and RIT so I have access to campus or a cool exhibit somewhere closer to my house in the opposite direction. I like to go to really unique cafes, restaurants, and mom-and-pop stores you can't find anywhere else.

That it's full of art freaks, photo geeks, and gaming nerds who don't leave their dorm rooms. Other people also say it's an institution made of brick instead of concrete.

Alecia

The best thing about RIT is all the co-op and internship possibilities available on campus and it's really resume building. I would change the food choices available for students to eat, especially since first years are forced to stay in the dorms and eat at the dining facilities on campus with the forced meal plan that students that live in the dorm have to eat at. RIT I believe is just right, it's definitely not too small but it is big enough where it could take 20 minutes to get to class from the dorms (and that's only to the farthest building on campus). When I tell people that I go to RIT they assume that I'm very intelligent and tell me that I'm going to a good school. I spend most of my time on campus in the dorms but not necessarily in my room. I'm either in the lounge with friends, in my friends room, at the computer lab at a neighboring dorm, or Ritche's that in the tunnels (links all the dorms and two dining facilities together), and things like that. Our "college town" isn't really a college town because Rochester is a really big city and RIT is located in the suburbs so there's RIT, then a few shopping centers, restaurants, a movie theater, mall, and things like that 5 minutes from campus. But they are building this new "college town" right by the RIT campus where there's going to be a coffee shop, and other things for students to do near the new park point apartments. To be real honest I don't really deal with RIT's administration or really sure of what they do except for their stupid parking rules and parking tickets I get from campus safety. Recent controversy on campus would have to be the dorm fire on the 2nd floor of my dorm. I was on the 4th floor, I heard the fire alarm 1am and didn't think anything of it until I saw and smelt the smoke in the stairwells. Turned out to be an electrical fire, the bed caught on fire because of a speaker or a lamb. The biggest I think next to the recent fire would HUGE hockey brawl the weekend before last (which I can't believed that I missed) everyone on both teams just about were fighting including the goalies (videos on youtube and facebook). There isn't any school pride except for the hockey games, maybe if students knew more about the games on campus and actually leave their rooms or the teams were actually good (in some cases) more people would come. But at the same time you do see a lot of students on campus wearing RIT apparel...so maybe not at the athletic events but we wear the clothing. The only unusual thing about RIT is the fact that it's a "brick city", all the buildings are brick except some of the newest ones I believe. The campus is maybe 30 years old so but I think the brick is cool, and be honest I'm more focused on getting to class on time from the dorms rather than seeing if the bricks are nice. You do get used to the bricks after a while. One experience I'll remember I guess is the fact that this campus is about 70% male and 30% female and I really like not being around that many girls everyday when I'm walking to class (me being a girl and all). The some of the most frequent complaints from students is that there's nothing to do on campus, RIT is boring, there aren't a lot of girls on campus, there's a lack of school spirit, I hate RIT, I hate FYE, and things like that. I do believe however that your experience at RIT is what you make it.

There are some organizations on campus sadly who are available for minorities that they believe aren't able to succeed at RIT like the northern star center for African American, Latin American, and Native American students or so it seems. But other than that I think RIT is tolerant of differences. Unintelligent students would be the only ones who would feel out of place. Majority of the students wear regular clothes, except for the "different" students who wear cloaks at night. Yes different types interact. To be real honest, the four table example isn't really relavent because it's just like high school in that aspect that you sit with your friends, by yourself, or get your food to go, no "jocks" or "nerds" in the social hierarchy. Most students are from Rochester.

yes to an extent, half of my floor stays in their room except to go to class and the other half hangs out in the halls and have their doors open all the time.

Some professors, mainly the ones in the communication department, and ones with small classes do indeed know my name. I don't necessarily have a favorite or least favorite class at the moment, because I didn't get my grades back yet. But seriously I don't have a favorite class, but my least favorite class so far would have to be PR just because I can't stay awake in that class to save my life, and ironically I need that class for my major. Class participation is not only common but it is encouraged. RIT do have intellectual conversations outside of class, it's a given because of what's going on right now in the world. Students are competitive, but it depends on who's around or who cares to the extent of the competition. In my major it is very competitive because RIT can't really find many employers to come to RIT for the communications profession so anyone that does it's the survival of the fittest, that and the power of networking to your advantage. The most unique class I've taken so far would have to be Arts of Expression: Understanding Contemporary Art, just threw me in a loop and I weirdly enjoyed it. The department of communications is very warm and welcoming, consistently throwing mixers and get togethers so that the faulty and students get to know each other on a more personal, friendly basis. I do spend time with professors outside of class, especially department of communication (doc) professors. RIT's academic requirements are understandable and attainable. RIT is definitely geared towards getting a job, especially since each school and major makes co-ops required for graduation so that we have that work force experience and so that we are sure on what we are getting ourselves into.

Students that don't ever leave their room, nerds, very boring

Carlos

RIT is an awesome environment. It is gaining prestige around the world as an innovation institution.Even though there isn't much school pride, the crowd usually packs the hockey games. I would say that RIT is a very unique institution where you can see a fusion of sciences and arts like nowhere else. The only thing I would like to have is a Football Team and warmer weather.

RIT is very very very diverse. A lot of respect for all the cultures and different background's is expected by everyone. If you dont like to study. RIT is no the place for you. If you cant stand different personalities , RIT is not for you...Get used to different races and over all hearing impaired people ( they a very important part of RIT culture)

RIT RULES AND EVERYONE SHOULD COME HERE..... TRUST ME YOU WILL GET REWARDED AFTERWARDS....MONEY MONEY MONEY.....

For the most part, it is true that guys are into video games a lot, but here is also a big population of more "social" gentleman out there. About the Female ratio at RIT. Even though as a whole RIT lacks female presence in its larger colleges like Science or Engineering. In the College of Business or in the College of Imaging Arts ans Sciences the reality if other. very hot and social women are available.

Education is very Personalized. Class participation is encouraged and rewarded, and the intellectual conversation outside the classroom are everywhere you go. RIT is definitely a place for those who are interested in their education. I would say that professors are also very approachable.

I WOULD SAY THAT THE MOST POPULAR FRATERNITY IS PHI KAPPA PSI. THE HOCKEY TEAM IS DEFINITELY THE MOST POPULAR ATHLETIC TEAM. AN OPEN DOOR POLICY IS ENCOURAGE IN THE DORMS. AT 2 AM YOU ARE PROBABLY AT THE LIBRARY FINISHING A PAPER. MUDTUG IS A CHARITABLE EVENT PUT UP BY PHI KAPPA PSI AND ZETA TAU ALPHA AND IN GETS ALL THE CAMPUS TOGETHER.PEOPLE START PARTYING ON THURSDAY AT RIT. IF YOU ARE VERY STEREOTYPICAL YOU CAN ALWAYS PLAY VIDEO GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE DRINKING.

Many People think that RIT has no girls, and that the guys at RIT are all about video games and no fun ( NERDS)

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.