Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Dexter

Fantastic school. Quickly made friends through the plethora of extracurricular groups and clubs available, never at a loss for things to do.

Jazmin

Great campus life, always extracurricular activities going on. Classes and teachers are awesome.

Jason
Geeks welcome here!

Geeks welcome here!

The campus life has the greatest variety of interests you'll find anywhere. Weird is normal, and just about everything is accepted. Some of the biggest clubs are for the geekiest things, Anime, tabletop gaming, competitive gaming are all represented amongst the largest clubs. The variety of majors and the strength of disparate programs means plenty of variety in the interests. You can easily find artistic tech people and techy artists. Overall the campus's academics are increasing with the current administration. Top programs are probably mostly engineering and design, but a number of specialized programs (Comp. Sec., Imaging) are very strong. Computer Science and similar are good, but it takes a lot of work to be able to differentiate yourself from the other students, and you can be expecting to do a lot of work outside of class. There's a really strong career focus, and the career fairs, and other career connections that the school has can be immensely useful in the future. Graduates can have piles of full-time work under their belt, and unlike other schools, students pay no tuition, and are full-time students while on co-op. Many of the professors come from a mix of academic and industry backgrounds, so you can get a comprehensive education that prepares for whatever life path follows.

Rochester Institute of Technology

I really enjoy going to school at RIT. It is a community where diversity is celebrated in every aspect. They have cutting edge technology to learn and facilities are equipped with top of the line equipment. It is a great place to be apart of.

Amber

Amazing! Great opportunities and it is completely worth it.

Amazing! Great opportunities and it is completely worth it.

They are weird. But hey, aren't all of us weird down deep.

They are very difficult. Be prepared to do a lot of work. But also be prepared to get a great job making a lot of money after school too

I wish they would have told me how many classes were "weed out" classes. I would not have taken them!

Ashlee

RIT allows you to put your imagination to full use by surrounding you with both creative and logical types. If you attend and you have a dream of making a 3D printer or you want to make prosthetic limbs-- or you have some idea of your own that is too crazy for most people, someone at RIT will help you try to reach your goal. If you put in the work, RIT will see you reach that goal.

RIT fosters a lot of self-growth and a lot of imagination, and I like that most out of everything in the school. I like that there's a club of people who want to build and race cars-- and they do it. I was part of a club to learn Esperanto that shut down because we couldn't find someone on campus who could moderate us-- but there were people interested and we continuted to meet even though we didn't have club status. RIT is just a place where if you like to learn, you will.

I know that you keep dreaming of things that seem impossible. I know sometimes you get frustrated and scared, because the future always looks bleak. You and I are just that type of person, though-- we're just dreamers bogged down by risk and reality and it frustrates us. I want you to know that the dismal outlook that you loathe about yourself now doesn't change much. And you'll continue loathing it in the future. But you will find that college isn't nearly as bad as you imagined it would be. It's OK to be nervous and scared of what will happen next. But college is something that I don't think I can describe to you in words. It's fun, exciting, and challenging. You'll get new puzzles to solve. You'll meet amazing people. It's also frustrating, scary, and sometimes lonely. And in those times, you might think you were right in high school, and that college is awful. When those times happen, find someone and ask for help, as much help as you need. You deserve it. You dream big and you can accomplish big things. We both know it.

Had I the power to travel back in time, my college self would tell my high school self to captain her ship towards new horizons. During my senior year, I spent most of my time worrying about being accepted to and attending college, when that time and energy would have been better spent preparing myself. I cried over leaving my family, when I could have been researching how to forge new relationships with my classmates. I could have curbed my anxiety about classes by reading about my courses and professors. Most importantly, I would warn my past self, telling her that though college offers a fresh start, she needs to remember to appreciate the friends she will leave behind.

Extremely serious and conservative people should NOT attend RIT, because the community as a whole is very laid-back, chummy, and has open arms! Some pretty crazy antics go down here, and no one takes themselves too seriously. We are also a bunch of nerds and geeks, so if you can't respect MMORPGs or people who sometimes prefer studying over partying, you would be better off somewhere else.

Trevor

I enjoy attending RIT. The weather here may seem a little bi-polar, but it is no excuse to miss out on the wonderful and supportive community here. We have a large amount of Deaf students who attend NTID, one of the biggest Deaf colleges in the US. Our tutoring and specialization services are superb, allowing students easy access to educational tools and advice. The best of all, there is FREE printing services in multiple locations, FREE washing and drying services, and a library that is open 24/7 from Monday to Thursday! Night-owls, REJOICE!

Greg

An environment that nurtures learning and creativity in a way that guarantees success in and out of the classroom.

Some of the brightest and good natured young people I have ever met.

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition into it; I would advise my younger self to break out of your shell, stop hiding, you have more to offer this world than you could imagine.

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.