Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

Classmates are generally helpful, willing to answer questions, and are not disruptive; however, students in art courses tend to not speak up or volunteer opinions during critiques unless they are asked to do so specifically by the professor.

An average RIT student is very intelligent, comes from a middle class or upper middle class background, is probably white and male, is focused on his or her future career, and may not be the most socialable person on the planet.

A very diversified group of individuals from all across the U.S and many different nationalities in a male dominated major with very intelligent 'geek' like people but most of them were hard working and a lot of fun.

A mix of people who have good heads on their shoulders that will be successful, some that are making some bad choices that can come back from them, and a few that won't be able to succeed with their current mindsets.

Most of them are fairly "geeky" but nice for the most part. I am in the Honors program and the Honors kids are actually less "geeky" than most of the other students here.

My classmates in the Industrial Design program are hardworking, focused, competitive but still supportive, good in group projects, fun, diverse, creative, and friendly.

Classmates are always willing to help out in projects or otherwise, there's a good chance you'll become very good friends with the people in your major.

My classmates are varied, in fact, half of the student body are deaf, so that adds a unique factor to the variety of people you'd encounter at RIT.

My classmates enjoy gaming and partying, but at the end of the day, RIT has a lot to do with academics and the students realize and respect that.

Classmates tend to be shy and quiet at the stare, but open right up after the first week or so especially if a group project is assigned.