Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

RIT has a variety of specialties. It is rimarily known for its Engineering Program and Engineering Technology Program. Both programs give students with the the ability and experience they need to exceed beyond expectations in the work place. The engineering program is more of a math and physics based curriculum. The engineering technology program is a wonderful hands on curriculum. This allows for the students not only to know the theories behind engineering but also to practice in the shop beginning freshman year. RIT is one of 2 universities in the nation that has a program for deaf students.

The new president, Destler, has been pushing for Innovation and creativity. In early May every year, RIT hosts ImagineRIT, a festival showing off the cutting edge projects and research being developed by students at RIT. The professors are very supportive of any topic you want to study further and new technological projects are being brainstormed everyday. The most interesting projects incorporate different disciplines from across the several colleges on campus.

The school is best known for it's technical aspect. Many of the students here are focused on some sort of education that is engineering, technical, IT, Networking, etc based. We are also known for the quarter system which is derived to help students obtain the required amount of internships the school requires you have before you graduate. Since RIT requires internships, getting a job after graduation is 60% more successful then other colleges.

My school is best known for its enginnering program. Rochester Institute of Technology encourages a hands on form of learning which enables the student to fully understand and apply the material being taught effectively. In addition to the school's hands on cirriculum, the job, co-op, and research oppurtunities are most appealing to prospective engineering stundents. RIT helps guide students onto their intented career path.

This school is best known for their men's hockey games. They are so exciting - even if you were never into hockey before attending college. This school is also known for their fantastic career fair and commitment to helping students find jobs related to their fields. The technology provided across campus is the best I have ever seen and there is a team available to help students individually fix their computers if need be.

Our school is best known for it's engineering, engineering tech, and sustainability programs. We are widely known for our aerospace program as well, and our school's advancements in green technology. Our film/video/animation program is also quite well known, and our animators are famous in their fields.

My school is best known for engineering and the 70:30 ratio of boys to girls. We are known to not have a big social life and that a lot of weird people and nerds go there. We are known for our great co-op/ interenship program and excellent job placement rate.

This is an engineering school. To be blunt, it is known for being a school full of "geeks." The anime club is huge, and there is a video game major that rivals that of the country's best schools. This is a campus for video games, anime, and technical jokes.

RIT is best known for kids interested in technical fields. It is also known for the National Technical Institute for Deaf that it is connected to. Many kids come to RIT for the co-op programs because RIT has a very great co-op system.

Rochester Institute of Technology is known for thier co-op program, and career fair. This career fair allows people to meet hundreds of companies and apply for an interview, providing many opertunites for future employment.