Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

Stop all of your certain proposition/ Things can change on the drop of a dime within this World of continuation/ Forecastin' is very difficult so is speculation/ Not feeling this garbage war crap PERIOD/ Bring the troops home? How about not using them at all it seems stupid/ I mean when you think of it/ Using troops and marines and such can exemplify paranoia that's expected/ We cave in to pressures way too much and can't ignore violence/ Not feeling it I say as I get into my zone of silence/ I hate it why can't more people be revolutionist/ Sometimes I feel like I'm alone speaking my own storm my own tempest/ "Stating" my pride Mussolini style almost "fascist"/ Am I biased?/ Hell yeah and you know it/ This ordinary crap I'm not feeling it it's too chronic and contagious/ Too many fall for the simplicity of sports and submit ideas that are basic/ I'm not feeling it/ Call this anger/ Call it passion or call it a fever/ Call it pressure/ Call it me being fed up with the present and the future/ I get like this because my victories are whisping silently like a whisper/ Not feeling the popular/ It's my time for adventure/ No need to censor/ Adhere to pressure/ It's passing mind power/

After being here for 4 academic years that were stretched out over 5 years because of the co-op program, I would love to see what it would be like to go to a school that ran on typical semesters. My co-op experience is absolutely priceless because upon graduation I have over a year's worth of practical experience in my field, and that is really hard to say for most other graduates, but I really question how thorough my knowledge is and how much I will be able to apply it to real situations because I didn't get the chance to really dig into it since we only had 10 weeks to learn nearly 15 weeks worth of material. As much as I've gained from going to RIT for an education, I almost wish that I had gone somewhere else where I could have stayed on campus or driven 10-20 minutes off campus to have a good time on the weekends, rather than drive home every weekend because I found myself bored and stressed from school. I really do feel that I learned a lot at RIT, but I do have to say that I can't wait to walk across that stage, walk away and never turn back. I'll be happy when the only sign of RIT I see is the Inn and Conference Center from the Thruway when I'm driving by it...

RIT is a good place for education, but social life you have to make for yourself (very hard task but possible). Dont buy books from campus connection!!! dont sell book back to them either. they cheat you in the biggest way. Ask upperclassmen, or go to popular websites for rit students lik bookmaid.com be ready to do a lot of work and quarter system is very challenging but YOU cAN do it!! lol. Make connections so you can learn all the "tricks" lol they really help. Get ya butt on grade my prof website b4 you put yourself in a class!!! jUST ask ask and ask. Oh yeah get invloved or you'll be bored as hellll!!!! Good luck 2 ya

One of RIT's most unique aspects is its community. Being a technical university, the majority of students aren't just interested, but passionate about technology in their daily lives. In my specific college, computing and information sciences, it's like an entirely different world than what I had been used to in high school. Everyone I have met is more of an individual than I had imagined possible, and no one is afraid to admit it. This creates comfrtable atmosphere where no one is afraid to share. At RIT, everyone is a bit weird, but so is everyone else.

There is a great mix of students at RIT so there is something for everyone. We have the great engineering programs but we also have really good interior and graphic design and photography programs. This really gives the school a nice mix of right and left brain thinkers, which leads to a lot of innovation and diversity that most schools dont have. It also gives us a little bit of everything in the social aspects of the school as well. We have clubs that go from ballroom dance to rubiks cube club, sporting events and robotic tournements.

Rochester Institute is unique because it is the only college of engineering in the nation named for a woman, Kate Gleason. Also the main reason I decided to go to school at RIT was because of the co-op program. It is mandatory to have an entire year of real life job experience before you are allowed to graduate. It makes it a 5 year program but the co-ops are intregrated into your 3rd, 4th and 5th year, so when you are finished with school you are a graduate from a well known, challenging insitute with great professional experience.

RIT is I think one of the best options out their for undergraduate education. How many school let you leave with a year of experience in your field? When I went job hunting this year, I didn't apply with all the engineering riff raff youngsters, I applied with experience. I went to group interviews and listened to students from Cornell, RPI, Carnegie Mellon, etc. struggle to come up with answers to questions about thigns they've done while I smiled at the question and discussed my last coop experience at Intel corporation.

The relationship students have the opportunity to create with major companies from around the globe. Most majors require students to have had a certain amount of co-ops/internships before they graduate. By the time you are ready for graduation, you had a tremdous amount of experience under your belt and helps you pick out what area of interest you have pertaining towards your major. Sometimes co-ops don't work out but also gives the student feedback telling them that maybe the major/field they are in isn't right for them.

My major, Imaging Science. There is no other college in the US that allows students to get undergraduate degrees in Imaging Science. This multidisciplinary major combines elements of physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, and mathematics to build functioning imaging systems. Rather than be involved in just one part of a system, Imaging Scientists are designers of complete imaging systems and technology. The major is quickly expanding, and Imaging Scientists are in high demand.