Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

I would like to say no, but within the college of engineering I'm afraid it's true. However, there are many other colleges within RIT that contain a large variety of people and cultures.

Partially true. There are some that adhere to the stereotype but others are outgoing, fun loving, guys who also love to be on their computer. There are also girls, who are normal also.

Not really. There are some people like that but the vast majority of RIT students are no where near that bad. There are normal people if you look and there are women in building 7.

yes to an extent, half of my floor stays in their room except to go to class and the other half hangs out in the halls and have their doors open all the time.

For some people it is pretty accurate, but not the school population in general. And even though a person is a gamer, that doesn't mean he is a nerd/geek.

Yes and No, a lot of students do only play computer games but not all of them do that they do other things as well.

Somewhat - not everyone here is like that, but there are definitely people that stand out as these stereotypes.

Yes, but improving. There have been more girls enrolled in the school. The weather still sucks.

for a little more than half the population it is true.

To an extent... There's a ton of things to do here!