Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

geeks leave doors open. athletic events not at all popular. guest speakers arent. theater isn't. dating scene, too much PDA. all attractive people are taken. met closest friends from dorms. homework if awake. don't know any traditions except rush week. party at least 4 nights a week. fraternities/sororities don't mean squat. last weekend i went home. study if not drinking, or go to lame oncampus event. drink off campus/have fun.

Hockey and Lacrosse in Athletics are very popular and well followed groups. Students do leave dorms open and have a very loose attitude about locking doors. Some of our other sprts events are not attended often, but we are moving towards more spirit. Traditions are athletics formal, speakers around leadership. People party often. Some dont at all, but Rochester and the surrounding areas are built for social life.

There's something for everyone, and even if there isn't something for you, you can make something-with the new student government change to allow multiple clubs on the same subject/topic. It's great to see and nice to try new things-if you don't like it don't come back, but if you do people will be accepting so much and encourage you to come back.

Hockey is life here haha...dorm life was pretty good to me....i've heard horror stories though....if i'm awake at 2 am, i'm living my normal, potentially nocturnal life....you learn to live on little sleep at this school....i love it though :)

I am on the hip hop dance team but because of changes instead of being one team it became two one competitive and one not. I do not like how it changed I wish it was the same as it was the past years as a club and not two separate teams.

Again look above..i swear i tell all. Activites eh, lots of guest speakers though..actually a shit ton. Greek life definitley goes on but no that awesome. and yes a good portion party and a good portion LAN party

I met my closest friends through sports teams here at RIT. The athletic program is great and it has been my number one social activity here at school.

Boring, unless you consider LAN and videogames sufficient to qualify as a "social life".

There is no social life period.