Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

In my opinion, the worst thing about my school is the amount of foreign techers. The only reason I chose this is beacuse of the fact that most of these teachers have very thick accents and are difficult to understand. Luckily there are multiple programs to help assist you in learning.

There is no school spirit. We don't have many sports teams, and other than hockey, they are all pretty bad. We don't have pep rallies, and everyone studies a lot. Also, the weather is very cloudy all the time, so there are many people who are perpetually in a bad mood.

The school has a limited amount of housing available and keeps accepting more and more students. There isn't nearly enough room for everyone and only freshmen are guaranteed housing, so some people might have to live in non-RIT housing even if they can't afford it.

If you are into sports other than hockey, this may not be the school for you. RIT is more focused on its academic programs; the sports teams are more of an after-thought. However, the hockey programs are well supported, and usually have great winning records.

Worst part about RIT is the enrollment system. To enroll for classes, RIT uses an online system that usually cannot handle the flow of students all trying to enroll on the same day. They recently implemented a new system that isn't very good either.

There are a lot of students, with a large campus to boot. There isn't always a lot of professor 1-on-1 time and such. Some of the professors just teach to teach, others actually care about the students. I wish that that aspect could be resolved.

The visual appeal. Most of the buildings are made from the same type and color of brick, creating a monotonus feel to the campus. Also, there are several artworks displayed throughout the college, that do not compiment the rest.

What I would consider the worst thin about the school is that there are too many construction going on on this campus. The food on campus are kind a of junk food more like grease, fat, and others, and very few healthy food.

The size of the campus cannot really support the large amount of students (15,000 undergrads), and tuition dollars seem to go to construction of non-essential administration (not academic) buildings.

Some of the social limitations. I'm not a big partier, and I'm not into gaming all the time or lan parties. Sometimes I struggle to find good groups that are in between those two extremes.