Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

That RIT students are way too technical and sophisticated. It shouldn't be seen like that because it is merely the wrong kind of perspective that we need at RIT. It is saying that RIT is non social and doesn't get out much which could be perpetuated by the constant funding to engineering colleges and the like. Which is why I state in a rhyme that, "At RIT with total technical kids schooling us on computer basics/ Amongst 3,000 parnterships/ Must capture the mood of the college before it gets engineered/ College of liberal Arts shouldn't be feared/" You catch my drift?

RIT is a technical institute, so the stereotypes revolve around the nerdy tendencies of its students. For instance, the "creeper" or "WOW (World of Warcraft) addict" are major stereotypes. 70% of the student population is male, and it's commonly said that a good amount of girls here are also of the "socially inept" type, leaving the date-able female population unfortunately low for those guys who are capable of seeking out relationships.

RIT: Brick, brick, brick. It's hard to differentiate one building from another on this campus, because they all look the same. RIT Students: We all walk down the quarter mile with our heads down, avoiding eye contact and social interaction at all means. Students classify as gamers, loners, anti-social, too smart for their own good, tech-nerds, hippies, etc. Oh, and the campus is flooded with guys, guys, guys.

There's no girls. Wait, I'm a girl! Alright, so I have the "librarian" glasses, but I'm normal besides I swear. Okay, that's a lie, I'm a physics major; I can't be normal. Honestly though, I spend more time with friends than studying, and love to stay active with all the sports and events going on - all while holding a 4.0 gpa.

Before I came here, I just thought of RIT as big on intelligence and technology in the classroom. After I came here, it seems there's a stereotype that's been created about RIT from within conveying a bunch of geeks playing World of Warcraft on the weekends.

RIT is a school full of nerdy guys that don't shower that often. There aren't any parties, all people do all day long is play video games. There aren't any girls at RIT.

1. There are no girls. 2. The academics at RIT are amazing. 3. RIT is full of nerds. 4. RIT is home to some of the most unhappy students in the nation.

Some stereotypes about RIT students include being nerds, unsocial, and shy. RIT sometimes comes off as a cold, miserable place, but it has it's pluses.

RIT has the worst guy to girl ratio around. RIT has tons of nerds. RIT students are not very social with others not like them.