Rochester Institute of Technology Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

1. No girls or girls are all ugly. 2. We have lots of nerds/creepers.

The average RIT student is a young male, barefoot in a trench coat, sporting a long greasy, dandruff strewn mane, anachronistic facial hair and mystery stained sweatpants. He leaves his room and showers once every 2 months. In his spare time he plays computer games, watches anime and stalks the 5 girls on campus.

the students are nerds, geeks, dweebs, dorks, and any other stereotypical names used to describe obsessive computer users.

Some stereotypes about RIT students include being nerds, unsocial, and shy. RIT sometimes comes off as a cold, miserable place, but it has it's pluses.

Parker

Nerds, WoW geeks, gamers who live in their lair 24/7

RIT has the worst guy to girl ratio around. RIT has tons of nerds. RIT students are not very social with others not like them.

That there are no girls, that the girls here are creepy, stuckup, or bitchy That the guys sit in their rooms and play computer games all day That the guys are socially stunted That the only thing that people study here is computer programming and engineering That the school is one of the top five ugliest schools in america because of all the bricks

I'd say that people really assume that everyone on campus is some sort of computer major and therefore creepy. Well, those people exist here, probably more so than in other places, but its not that bad. Another is that RIT lacks females. I'd agree with this even though it does seem that they are attempting to fix the problem. However, a lot of the girls being brought in are your "artsy" type girls.

1. There are no girls. 2. The academics at RIT are amazing. 3. RIT is full of nerds. 4. RIT is home to some of the most unhappy students in the nation.

Im an engineering student so I know of most engineering stereotypes: RIT is a nerds school. Guys suck at talking to girls. Girls are scarce and fat. Work is hard.

Lynette

You're either one or the other: super nerd or unfriendly jock (more so the first one than the second). We don't come out in the winter. It's an ugly campus. No school spirit.

Michele

That we smoke weed, live in our dorms and play videogames. That we are all nerds, that their are no attractive females on campus, that we only care about the engineers. No one goes out and parties.

Stereotypes - Anime students....always dress like anime characters or play videogames 24-7 - a lot of nerdy students

Some stereotypes is that majoirty of the RIT students only sit around and play computer games.

Daniella

Everyone thinks we're geeks because we are a technical school.

RIT is a school full of nerdy guys that don't shower that often. There aren't any parties, all people do all day long is play video games. There aren't any girls at RIT.

They Complain There is nothing to do They're weird They are anti social There are no girls There is Ninjas

No girls, everyone is a NERD and weird but it's all true

Cindy

There's a ton of guys and no girls - the girls are all in an art major. RIT students are a bunch of geeks who don't party. There's nothing to do at RIT.

A lot of Asians and nerds

There are no females at this school, not any good looking ones anyways. This is a nerd/geek school. The weather sucks.

Jenn

People tend to say that all the people at RIT are geeky engineering students. While this is mostly true, there are many many other majors and students at RIT. There are lots of students in Fine Arts, Sciences, and Business. RIT has a very diverse population of students. The other stereotype is that there are more men than women, about 7 men to 3 women.

Mostly guys 8:1 ratio, Brick-city, technical

nerds, dweebs, geeks, virgins, mama's boys, smelly, video game addicts, serial masturbators, RPG enthusiasts or def

Kai

Pale dorky boys who stay in their rooms all day.

Either quiet introverted computer/engineering kids or weird art kids.

geeks, ugly, boring, geeks

That they are all gamers and greasy.

michelle

dork school, anti-social

That it is only a technical school. That RIT students do not have much of a social life. That RIT is boring. That the guy to girl ration is 3-1 or worse. That RIT is composed solely of computer nerds.

Neil

It's a difficult school, filled to the brim with overt dorks.

Carson

they are nerds who play video games and don't know how to relax and have a good time.

Many students are computer geeks. Art students get easy A's Many RIT parties suck Many RIT students are spoiled and rich

Brianne

nerdy, technologically sophisticated

AnnieNichols

Computer nerds and engineers are the only people who attend the school.

Negative stereotypes: Nerds..No girls....antisocial, unathletic boys....horrible weather...ugly campus... Positive stereotypes: Prestigious school...smart students....awesome networking...

Gene

Nerds, really intelligent, not social.

Greg

Nerd, Geeks, All dudes, World of Warcraft players

Steve

Nerdy guys, Not very many women, Cold shitty weather

Pete

Nerds, film, and deaf kids

That RIT students are way too technical and sophisticated. It shouldn't be seen like that because it is merely the wrong kind of perspective that we need at RIT. It is saying that RIT is non social and doesn't get out much which could be perpetuated by the constant funding to engineering colleges and the like. Which is why I state in a rhyme that, "At RIT with total technical kids schooling us on computer basics/ Amongst 3,000 parnterships/ Must capture the mood of the college before it gets engineered/ College of liberal Arts shouldn't be feared/" You catch my drift?

ROb

Great Students, Computer Orientated, Focused, Successful.

Many people believe that the school is full of nerds and guys who spend all their time playing video games in their dorm rooms. It is also though that there are virtually no girls here.

were all nerds and we sit in front of the computer 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of our free time

Cassie

RIT is a technical institute, so the stereotypes revolve around the nerdy tendencies of its students. For instance, the "creeper" or "WOW (World of Warcraft) addict" are major stereotypes. 70{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student population is male, and it's commonly said that a good amount of girls here are also of the "socially inept" type, leaving the date-able female population unfortunately low for those guys who are capable of seeking out relationships.

RIT carrys a stereotype of being a nerdy school. But it really isn't. I've been to other tech schools and RIT has it's share of nerdy, geeky kids that see the sun more in video games on their computer then the real sun. Also, i's assumed the female population is on the low side.

All RIT students are individuals and do not have any social skills Students are nerds and live in their dorm rooms/apartments playing video games RIT works hard to bring students in and then forgets about them RIT has not school unity people want to graduate as soon as possible RIT students are only focused on themselves and do not care about anyone else

Before I came here, I just thought of RIT as big on intelligence and technology in the classroom. After I came here, it seems there's a stereotype that's been created about RIT from within conveying a bunch of geeks playing World of Warcraft on the weekends.

Donald

We're a bunch of out of shape computer nerds that watch anime at LAN parties all day with no females anywhere to be found.