Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

That it is only a technical school. That RIT students do not have much of a social life. That RIT is boring. That the guy to girl ration is 3-1 or worse. That RIT is composed solely of computer nerds.

There's a lot of these. Mainly that people on campus are big geeks who live on the internet and use the term IRL way too often. Also that there aren't many women on campus, so it's hard to find one.

That we smoke weed, live in our dorms and play videogames. That we are all nerds, that their are no attractive females on campus, that we only care about the engineers. No one goes out and parties.

Negative stereotypes: Nerds..No girls....antisocial, unathletic boys....horrible weather...ugly campus... Positive stereotypes: Prestigious school...smart students....awesome networking...

Many people believe that the school is full of nerds and guys who spend all their time playing video games in their dorm rooms. It is also though that there are virtually no girls here.

You're either one or the other: super nerd or unfriendly jock (more so the first one than the second). We don't come out in the winter. It's an ugly campus. No school spirit.

That it's full of art freaks, photo geeks, and gaming nerds who don't leave their dorm rooms. Other people also say it's an institution made of brick instead of concrete.

Im an engineering student so I know of most engineering stereotypes: RIT is a nerds school. Guys suck at talking to girls. Girls are scarce and fat. Work is hard.

There's a ton of guys and no girls - the girls are all in an art major. RIT students are a bunch of geeks who don't party. There's nothing to do at RIT.

Many students are computer geeks. Art students get easy A's Many RIT parties suck Many RIT students are spoiled and rich