Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

The best thing is the Wednesday Eve Society. I would change pretty much every thing else. The campus is FAR too large. Most people are impressed that i go to RIT, until i let them in on the true underworkings of this hellhole. I spend most time on campus in my room. What college town? The administration is... alright, i guess? This Dessler guy seems decent. The biggest controversy is no doubt the bullshit sentinel. fuck that shit. School pride? No. Not really. that would be moot, seeing as the only people anyone ever interacts with are fellow tigers. Unusual about RIT? the disproportionate number of dudes, transvestites, bricks, trenchcoats, and anime. One experience i'll always remember? Nothing to do with RIT. It's forgettable here. I've heard people complain about nearly everything, and rarely heard compliments.

The most frequent student complaint about RIT is that the weather is awful. If you come here be prepared for it. We all share the hardships of the winter and it becomes one big joke to make fun of rochesters' weather. When spring comes we truly know how to embrace it. The best thing about rit is its' great reputation for academics. When you graduate from rit you know you have accomplished something huge, and your resume will appreciate it. The biggest uniqueness that RIT has is the wonderful deaf community that surrounds it because of NTID. Everywhere you go you will see people signing. You will be distracted by the interpreters in front of your class at least once, and it's great! By the time you leave RIT if you haven't learned at least a few signs then you really missed out on a special part of the culture here!

The campus may appear real pretty, but lets face it, who wants to look at bricks 24-7. Dorms are super small. People are really weird and interesting in video games or anything not social. Only normal people usually are on sports teams, but they end up usually being douches, but don't get me wrong not everyone is that weird. I mean socially, if you want to party every night you can, but its not a party school and you could prob have alot more fun elsewhere. There is no real fun town close by..i would 100% recommend having a car all 4 years. School pride, eh not really. I think i might be transferring. RIT will be SICK though in like 5 years

The best thing is the red barn, the bouldering there is fantastic. I would change the school spirit about sporting events . I think the size is just right. most adults are impressed. students tend to think its a dorky school. I spend most of my time at the lovely 3d animation lab. what college town? the admin is good. black vs brown school colors. not that much school pride. the lack of student pride, i think, is unusual. also the students tend to be a little different, which i really like about this school. I will always remember the tennis team and all the years i've been on it. nothing to do. quarter system drives people over the edge.

The best thing about RIT is being able to learn so much about my major. I would change the tuition rate. I believe RIT is just the right size for me at least. Most people from home have never heard of RIT so when I tell them I go there I don't usually get a reaction. Because I am a photo major I spend most of my time in building 7, in the studios or the printing labs. I don't really deal with the administration a lot so I don't have much of an opinion on them. The biggest controversy was probably over building Park Point. I think there could definitely be more school pride. The weather is probably the biggest complaint from RIT students.

I enjoy attending RIT. The weather here may seem a little bi-polar, but it is no excuse to miss out on the wonderful and supportive community here. We have a large amount of Deaf students who attend NTID, one of the biggest Deaf colleges in the US. Our tutoring and specialization services are superb, allowing students easy access to educational tools and advice. The best of all, there is FREE printing services in multiple locations, FREE washing and drying services, and a library that is open 24/7 from Monday to Thursday! Night-owls, REJOICE!

The best thing about RIT is the guys to girls ratio. I would change the layout of the buildings on campus to be less windy. It's just about the right size. People think I'm a nerd and/or smart because i go to RIT. I spend most of my time either in my apartment or hanging out in my work office. what college town? I believe the biggest recent controversy was the rugby team event. i think there is a lot of school pride whether people want to admit it or not. When I go down the quarter mile I see more than half are wearing RIT clothing.

School is too large, and growing fast. But, it is narrowed down by college, so I haven't had to deal with the whole campus. Parking--very limited. In my opinion, if you live on campus, you should not be able to drive to class. Those that commute (like myself) have to walk 15 minutes from teh parking lot! Housing--very limited. They say it's guaranteed, but that means that you'll get overflow--such as the INN, in which you have to take a bus to get to campus. They're building some new housing, but I don't think it's enough.

rit has a good name-best thing. more females. size about right. people think im really smart when i tell them i go to rit. on campus i spend mostly in classes, otherwise at friends or my own apartment.. college town. so far, pleased with some professors, but really dissappointed with most, knowledge and personality. no school pride. rit doesn't give shit for breaks due to trimester. orientation week was wayyyyyyy overdone, it felt like "college camp" with counselors.

Our new president is changing everything, and I mean everything. So as far as I'm concerned this is going to be short because everything is... changing. There's a new festival for example, the Imagine RIT festival-it's going to be filled with so much stuff and it's combined with Spring Fest which is equally awesome-just a time for kids to kick back, step away from studies for a bit and have some fun.