Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

First off I would tell myself to be less nervous about making new friends because everyone is new and are looking for friends. Second I would tell my senior self to be more relaxed and go with the flow! Thats how one has good times with their new friends. Also a big thing is the workload, at RIT we are know for having a crazy amount of homework, so I would tell myself that you can absolutely not procrastinate. If you do procrastinate it is almost impossible to catch up. Another thing, go try new things! your in college, now is the time to try something you have always wanted to do. Don't just be boring and do something you have done for your whole life or nothing at all. Get involved with different clubs, meet new people, try new things, and have fun. That is what I would tell my senior self if I had the chance. Oh and get an alarm clock that works, those 8ams are tough and you definitely do NOT want to be late.

I am third year student, study Industrial Design program and will be finish with bachelor degree in 2012. I enjoy focusing on my major, and been involve with teamwork. My goals it to graduated with a degree, and plan to find a job down in Phildephia, PA in design firm. I was the former swimmer at RIT, was the captain of the team, and sportsmanship of the year 2009. Also, I am a cancer survivor for 3 years, and got it during school year, and it had been tough year in 2008, going through this stuff while I was in school, had two major surgery. I kept it up with school work with I was sick at that time. My academic Advisor and my swim coach have been great and helpful to me while I have been through it. I would suggested that adademic advisor had been great to me, help me to find the course I should take, and also, like to talk about personal life with. RIT is the best choice I have choose since I enrolled.

ar is 2007 I find myself sitting there waiting for 12 PM to come along so I could go home from school, as I am about to leave I stop myself. I set myself down and advice myself to go and take another math class another English class it does not matter that I have all the credits to graduate. I would also apply for more scholarships and would tell myself that college is more important than I have ever thought. The teachers my parents everyone was right knowledge is power the more you know the better off you the better you feel and more accomplished you are. The future is amazing you have two wonderful sons and an amazing wife you don’t only owe it to yourself but to them to provide for them to serve as an example to your children about going to school. I would beg myself to take everything more seriously and actually TRY to better myself and get into a great school and a promising career. Thanks for your time.

I found such an amazing jouney a expereince take great course well coperate team work with a students. It's was such amazing expereince ineeded for my gracious skills grow as huge experience. End of year in our major we have an exhibitive show for our working skills. Also I have expereince out of school, a intership work for the first free months. I still have oping much different type of straigges to apply my skills on my presentation, such as like a graphic design, web design, using tool into a apply Photoshop an Illustrator skills. It's very valuable for attending college and learn skills before apply any different type of jobs and that skills apply how much I learn in school. However, as in real world would challages alot different things unlike any different kind University. I also believe this being of next step go into real world as working yourself. This pursue part of my expection grow tool skills.

At present, I am a 29 year old college Sophomore majoring in Criminal Justice. I have taken a rigorous curriculum and I have maintained a 3.902 grade point average. I have made the Dean’s List the past four semesters, and I am also an elected club officer serving as Secretary for the Criminal Justice Club. As Secretary of the Criminal Justice Club, I have organized fundraising events to help less fortunate families within my community. I have been able to provide Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas gifts to numerous families within the community. Dedicating my life to refining the lives of others is very appealing to me. My college experience has offered me the opportunity to reach out and inculcate the importance of education and community and individual empowerment. My achievements, high scholastic average, and the service I have provided to my community are reasons why college has been valuable to attend.

Dear me: First things first, dump your high school boyfriend. It happens anyways, but just get it over with sooner rather than letting drag through senior year. For college, don't stress about everything. You are not chained to the major you enter college with. It's okay to have second thoughts, and getting a degree isn't about what other people want. Make choices for yourself, and know that the people who truly care about you will be there to support you. Next, while money is important and necessary, don't work yourself to the bone and let your academics suffer. A way to alleviate some financial stress: apply for all the scholarships you can. Finally, just have fun. Go into it with an open mind, try to make as many great friends as you can, don't limit yourself to one social group. Oh, and during orientation, watch where you're walking to avoid a nasty incident with your ankle and a curb. Sincerely, Me

It seems that many students who are still in high school don't know exactly what they want to go into and are confused while looking for a school. I, on the other hand, found my niche in computer/info sciences while still in high school so I had a well thought out plan before even applying for college. I do, however, have many friends who attend a near-by community college that are going through this problem. My advice to most would be to make some sort of long term goal, whether it be big or small, before entering college. That is surely what has kept me going when I got to school. I had a very easy transition because I did not feel that I was just leaving home, I felt I was going somewhere to DO something and I feel I have succeeded in getting it done. In short, my simple advice is to HAVE A PLAN that you know you are able to fulfill before going into college and the results will be fantastic.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would insist on getting to know students currently attending the college. It may be hard for individuals to fly 2000 miles to visit a college, so an alternative would be getting to know upperclassmen and see what they say. If I would've known about the awkardness about most of the students here I may have reconsidered my decision on the college. Likewise, I highly suggest seniors get in contact with greek life, sports and any of the curricular organizations that may interest them during their time in college. By doing this, it insures that the senior begins to make connections at colleges in which he may choose, so adapting to college life once you're there will be a lot easier. I'm not sure about other colleges, but greek life at RIT goes against the stereotypical frat guy and we actually care about the community and the enviroment around us.

Dear Jackie, Stop stressing. You will be fine. You are the officer of three clubs, have a paid internship, a job, play 2 varsity and 2 club sports, and have a 4.2 GPA. Use this last year of high school to lighten up and get out of the books. There is more to life than school. You need more than school to succeed in life. It is good to have high standards, but it is time to try new things. Look around and take full advantage of the things you are surrounded with. Frederick county really isn't as bad as you think it is. Explore. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and live a little. Soon this will all be in the past. The whole world lies ahead for you to take on. Don't worry about what school you end up at because everything happens for a reason. It is all a part of God's plan for you. Live for now and calm down about the future. It will still be there waiting when the time comes.

Choose a college based off of what you feel is most important to you, and your own life. If you wanted to change something about yourself in high school, or if you're interested in studying in a different country, or you want to make sure you maintain a stable social life ? now is the time to make those decisions, because they are just as important as the academics and financial technicalities are. The right choice will speak to you ? and you don't necessarily need to know what you want to do when you grow up, or where you see yourself in 15 years. Focus on finding a college that will make you the strongest, most well-rounded person you can be. Always keep in mind that if things aren't working out, don't get down on yourself. Not everything comes easily to everyone, and adjusting can be difficult. Surround yourself with family and friends who are supportive , and love you no matter what.