Rochester Institute of Technology Top Questions

Ashlee

I know that you keep dreaming of things that seem impossible. I know sometimes you get frustrated and scared, because the future always looks bleak. You and I are just that type of person, though-- we're just dreamers bogged down by risk and reality and it frustrates us. I want you to know that the dismal outlook that you loathe about yourself now doesn't change much. And you'll continue loathing it in the future. But you will find that college isn't nearly as bad as you imagined it would be. It's OK to be nervous and scared of what will happen next. But college is something that I don't think I can describe to you in words. It's fun, exciting, and challenging. You'll get new puzzles to solve. You'll meet amazing people. It's also frustrating, scary, and sometimes lonely. And in those times, you might think you were right in high school, and that college is awful. When those times happen, find someone and ask for help, as much help as you need. You deserve it. You dream big and you can accomplish big things. We both know it.

Had I the power to travel back in time, my college self would tell my high school self to captain her ship towards new horizons. During my senior year, I spent most of my time worrying about being accepted to and attending college, when that time and energy would have been better spent preparing myself. I cried over leaving my family, when I could have been researching how to forge new relationships with my classmates. I could have curbed my anxiety about classes by reading about my courses and professors. Most importantly, I would warn my past self, telling her that though college offers a fresh start, she needs to remember to appreciate the friends she will leave behind.

Greg

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition into it; I would advise my younger self to break out of your shell, stop hiding, you have more to offer this world than you could imagine.

I would tell myself a number of things! First, don't be afraid to put yourself into awkward social situations. People in college will be among the most interesting that you will ever meet. But don't be too eager to cling to everyone you meet. That’s an easy way to end up with bad friends. Work on maintaining a regular sleep schedule. Yes, this will be frustrating and boring, but it will pay off in an improved GPA and in not feeling terrible all the time. Get a head start on classes with essays and projects that you know are coming. Make sure that you really do this, because it's way too easy just to let time pss, or to spend it on the internet’s many wonders. Finally, LEARN TO RELAX. Stress eats at you from the inside and does more harm than good. Do your best while staying calm. Give time to yourself even when you’re busy. Leisure time that reduces stress and makes you more effective is incredibly valuable. It’s all in the balance, and in a way, that is what college is about, learning to balance all the challenges and opportunities.

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.” Benjamin Mee's words quickly became my go-to favorite quote for every senior information sheet I filled out in high school. Every. Single. One. What began as an "inspirational quote" search on Google resulted in a revelation, a realization that I'd spent more time worrying about what I did than doing. I didn't join the track team till senior year (worrying it would be too stressful), only to have an extremely positive experience. My coach thought I would've been one of the best on the team if I had only started earlier, and the regret hit me. I was talented, had fun, and didn't know it was possible, all because I never took the opportunity when I first saw it. It was always the most difficult decisions that made me a better person and widened my horizons for the future. I wish I could say only two words to myself as a senior: "Do it," because that's all I'd ever need to hear.

Gia

It is important to not slack off while in college. Remember, you need to treat this like a full time job because college is a lot of money. There is not enough time in the world to balance equally friends and schoolwork, but somehow you will find a way. Notice when you need help and actually get help. Finally, remember to get enough sleep and be the bigger person and flush down the gigantic turds left in the toilet to do everyone else a favor.

To have gotten as much english help as possible

WORK YOUR BUTT OFF!!! In my last year or photo class, I got lazy because I got into eight colleges so I did not shoot as much and I really with that I pushed myself more.

Don’t panic. Douglas Adams wrote it, forever inscribing it onto the cover of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. If I had the chance to give my younger self advice about the foreboding years of college ahead of me, I would probably tell myself to get that tattooed somewhere, preferably visible, so that I could remember. Don’t panic. Remember this when you meet your first roommate, at the wrong school, in the wrong major. Remember this when you feel homesick for the first time, and the second, and the third. Remember this when the hours of hard work you put into a project still don’t meet your expectations. Remember this when you’re struggling to make friends, when you feel alone. Don’t panic. I remembered this on my first day of orientation, at different school, at a different time, in a different major. I remembered this when I met my first friends. I remembered this when I thought about my first two years of college, how hard I struggled, how lost I felt. I remembered this when I realized those years had purpose, because I hadn’t yet known who I was. Don’t panic.

Linh

The best advice that I could give myself is not to be afriad of going to the school that you truly want to go to. Keep in mind that you wlll be at that school for 4 years so do your research, go on the campus tour, talk to students at that school so you really know more about it. If you attend and you do not like the school, transfer as soon as you can to another school so that you can get the experience that you want. Do not settle with a school unless it is what you want. I would also tell myself that college is a learning experience so do not be afraid of the transition! While the transition may not be smooth, after the first month thing will be just fine so you just gotta get over that initial fear!

Iman

I would tell myself to try and space out classes evenly throughout the four years I will be at RIT. I made the mistake of overloading my schedule this semester, and having a empty schedule my first year. I now utilize an agenda, and also a semester schedule that help in recording exam dates and projects. It's important to develop time management, as it helps to figure out day by day what needs to be done. This avoids procrastination, stress, and anxiety. It's important to give yourself a breather once and a while, my high school schedule was packed with clubs, sports, studies, and extra curricular activities. This is good because it kept me busy but I didn't have much of a social life outside of these activities. Most importanly, enjoy the life that was given to you, something that I took for granted. I have met very wonderful people that struggle much more than I do, they inspire me to push myself to the limit so that my friends and family can be proud of me and what I can accomplish.

BreAnn

I would tell myself as a high school senior to take more honors classes and broaden my horizon with the classes that might make me think differently. I would also let myself know that I can choose so many colleges to apply to, but when I do choose the right school I will now it in my gut. To be able to tell myself as a senior to not stress about the little things because I can honestly say, I did. I would like to let myself know that I will have so many opportunites in the future that will make me think so differently, so I should stop shutting the new things out and accept them with an open mind. I would tell myself that I should learn more languages in my senior year at least to make myself more diverse. Another thing I would say, would be is to just be as happy as I can that it is senior year and take full advantage of all of the amazing activities at my high school, and to worry about college a little less than I did, and be more excited for my future as a psychologist one day.

Calvin

Dear Calvin of Year 2012, I am you from the future. What I'm about to tell you is most likely advice and instructions you've been subjected to for the last few months of your high school senior career and you're probably really fed up by now with hearing it over and over again, but heed my words, anyway. I'm you, so I know you can take the tie to hear it one more time. Please don't procrastinate on the things that need to be done before transferring to a new college. Fill out those health forms as soon as possible. Get those shots as soon as possible. Apply for grants and loans as soon as possible. I know that you have a problem with waiting until the last second to get things done, but this just has to stop NOW. Not only will you be a better person, but you will save yourself so much heart-ache and stress. Procrastination doesn't only affect you, but it can affect the people around you as well. I know you've been making some strides to breaking this bad habit, but now it's time to change.

Scarlet

Look for more scholarships to apply to. You are very busy senior year since you took hard instead of easy ones. The debt will start to be a burden especially since you are thinking of going to medical school. Also, don't let other people affect you. There will always be someone smart, but it's not about beating other people, it's about surpassing yourself. Be the best that you can be.

Actually, I'm not really sure if I could give any distinct advice. I was fairly well prepared for college, and the transition went smoothly. I also have done well in college, both personally and academically. I suppose the one piece of advice I would want to instill would be to keep proper focus on God first, and make sure to be bold in standing for Him, and for my wife.

I would have told my self to start applying for scholarships and grants much earlier. I would do that because college expensis are costly. Equipment that is need to be able to do the best job possible at Rochester Institute of Technology is expensive and if I had applied for these scholarships when I was still in high school I would not have needed to worry about having to pay for the equipment out of my own pocket. It would have been just one less financial burden that would have been taken care of and I actually kind of regret not doing this earlier just because of the financial burden that has been added to this transition into college.

Jeannette

Dear me: First things first, dump your high school boyfriend. It happens anyways, but just get it over with sooner rather than letting drag through senior year. For college, don't stress about everything. You are not chained to the major you enter college with. It's okay to have second thoughts, and getting a degree isn't about what other people want. Make choices for yourself, and know that the people who truly care about you will be there to support you. Next, while money is important and necessary, don't work yourself to the bone and let your academics suffer. A way to alleviate some financial stress: apply for all the scholarships you can. Finally, just have fun. Go into it with an open mind, try to make as many great friends as you can, don't limit yourself to one social group. Oh, and during orientation, watch where you're walking to avoid a nasty incident with your ankle and a curb. Sincerely, Me

Andrew P

I would have told myself to get a job earlier in life. RIT was a perfect fit for my college experience and I enjoy the challenge, however, I don't enjoy how challenging it is to try to make enough money to pay for the tuition. I have many college/innovation related projects I would like to work on during summer, but I find myself consumed by working and earning money. If I had made enough money prior to college I would be able to work on these projects and have more time to do personal research. On the other hand I am glad I can't go back in time and tell myself to get a job earlier. If I had a job earlier I feel like I would have wasted my childhood. The only thing I could confidently tell my past self is that I am on the right track and that I should fill out more scholarships.

Daneda

Just do it. The transition is not easy; college is nothing like high school. This is for the better in the end, but is a somewhat traumatic adjustment at times. You will be responsible for you - not a parent, a guidance counselor or your friends. You will make poor decisions, you will try classes you hate, you will explore options you never wanted to. Still, just do it. You will learn to become responsible for yourself. You will learn to make better decisions. You will learn to know yourself better through the classes you hate and the ones you love. You will find passions in learning you never knew could possibly exist. The friends you make with fellow classmates and with professors will be invaluable and lifelong. For all the tough times, there will be times you exult in the glory of your successes and the following through of your goals. You will learn that you can do almost anything. Remember, though, through all of this to mind your grades! In that class you hate, in the one you love- your grades matter for your future success.. Keep them up, even when you want to give up. Just do it.

Given the opportunity to give my past self advice about adjusting to college life, I would start by telling myself to enjoy dorm life the best you can. Although somerthings can be an annoyance, you will never forget the memories of living there. Although a 4.0 is important, building unforgettable memories with life time friends will be more important. Once you have found your best friends do not hesitate, make a point of living with them. In general do not hesitate, make new friends and do not be afraid to be active around campus. You will have the most fun if you live life and do new things, cause the atmosphere and your attitude will affect your grades as well. I let school get ahead of life second year and my grades suffered any ways because of this.

Sarathi

I would tell myself to not worry about what others think of me; that I should just be myself and join fun groups of people with whom I share similar interests. I would also tell myself how important it is to get school work done earlier rather than later. Having assignments finished allows me to rest my mind and not stress out about all the work I have to do. Another big thing I would have liked to know is how important it is to ask quesitons in class. Even if it seems like it might not be worth it, it definitely allows me to gain a better understanding of the material and remove any doubts that I may have. Finally, the most important piece of advice that I would give my past self is that I should enjoy what I am doing at every moment of my university life, because it flies by quickly and will be over before I know it. This time has given me some of my best experiences so far, and I don't want that to be over before I get a chance to enjoy it.

Attend RIT and declare Packaging Science as your major from day one and get involved early. I originally went to RIT for Civil Engineering Technology and it wasn't until late in my first year of attending that I decided to switch to the Packaging Sciecne major. With that being said I took a few classes that were not necessarily beneficial to my future packaging career. As to my second point of getting involved early, it is essential to meet professors as well as other packaging professionals outside of the classes you are taking. You are also surrounded by peers with similar interests that lead to long lasting friendships. I entered my first packaging competition this Spring with a group of two other students. We are now good friends who may look to work together in the future and we have also developed an outside the classroom relationship with one of our adjunct professors who has a huge network outside of RIT since he still has a packaging professional day job. I look forward to participating more outside of the classroom to further expose myself to packaging experiences as well as expanding my professional network,

Noah

Try to do everything at least once and just be yourself.

Eunice

I would tell myself that time mangement is extremely nessesary. I would also tell myself that I should schedule my classes all together try not to have breaks in between or not to have 3 hour breaks between classes. Another thing that I would tell myself is to look for a job on campus before you get to campus because by the time you get there there will be no more good jobs left. Another thing i would tell myself is that i should really enjoy my time there and try not to stay locked up inside so much. Join clubs that make me try something new and also join clubs that make me comfortable like the clubs that focus on the latin culture.

Stop short changing yourself! Do not enroll in an art school! You have always wanted to be a scientist and understand the world around you! Why are you suddenly changing your mind? You don't think you're good enough? You've never seen or heard of a gay scientist before? Trust me, there are dozens! Some work for NASA or the CDC or companies you haven't even heard of yet! This does not make you inferior in anyway! You are smarter than you think! Trust me, I know. You need to have confidence in yourself! If you go to art school, you'll do great but you'll be unsatisfied...trust me, I know. You'll know that you can push yourself harder and do more...trust me, I know. You'll transfer schools, which will require many more years. Once you develop confidence in yourself, you will constantly be pushing yourself further and never settle for the mediocrity that you know now. You will realize that you can be the role model that you almost found too late...trust me, I know.

Kayland

Kayland, I know that you are nervous about making this transition to college, and you are not sure what to do yet. Let me tell you, everything will work out alright. The best decision you could make is going to community college like your mom wants, you can always transfer after 1 year. Community college is still fun, and lets face it, you are not ready to be on your own. I promise you will be ready after one year of communiy college though. Whoever said community was like high school was wrong, you will have a blast and there are a ton of campus activities. Have faith in the education you recieved, you are definitely prepared for college. You are going to have more freedom, and you're going to have to grow up a lot. I know it all seems to scary, but you are prepared. Remember to put your school work first, and your socializing second. Remember, you can do anything you set your mind to and the best days have yet to come. Do not dwell in the past with bitterness, because you will miss the blessings in front of you! You can do it!

Sibyl

I would tell myself to not be afraid of filling out paperwork and going for scholarships, grants, and financial aid. I woud tell myself to talk to an academic counselor for help in these areas and to find short cuts and smart choices in classes, and I would tell myself to do as much schooling as possible until you get to where you feel you belong. Going back to school later in life is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT! The transistion is not to hard from high school to college if you have honed note taking skills in high school and a good work ethic, so I would advise developing these qualities and skills.

This school is very intimidating at first. But at orientation and the club fair, explore! Don't be afraid to walk up to a random person and ask about a club, or where a classroom is. Being a lady on campus will work in your favor in this male dominated school, so be courageous! Go take advantage of the free tutoring center if you get stuck on a problem; it does not mean your stupid, it means you are strong enough to ask for help and smart enough to look to others that may know a bit more than you. Walk into the latin dance club with confidence! Do not shy away when a man asks you to dance, smile and run with it, no matter how many times you step on his feet. And on those first few nights when you are feeling lonely, call your mom. Cry and talk about your big classes and new experiences. She will listen and help you realize that this new phase of your life is an opportunity for growth and discovery, not a miserable sentence into the unknown.

Dustin

First off I would tell myself to be less nervous about making new friends because everyone is new and are looking for friends. Second I would tell my senior self to be more relaxed and go with the flow! Thats how one has good times with their new friends. Also a big thing is the workload, at RIT we are know for having a crazy amount of homework, so I would tell myself that you can absolutely not procrastinate. If you do procrastinate it is almost impossible to catch up. Another thing, go try new things! your in college, now is the time to try something you have always wanted to do. Don't just be boring and do something you have done for your whole life or nothing at all. Get involved with different clubs, meet new people, try new things, and have fun. That is what I would tell my senior self if I had the chance. Oh and get an alarm clock that works, those 8ams are tough and you definitely do NOT want to be late.

I would tell myself to not procrastinate, because it's something that i tended to do. Don't be concerned about liking the college or having to make new friends because everything works out. Make sure that you hang out with your friends more, but don't slack on school by doing that. Also get a little more organized, because your backpack and notebooks are a mess. Try to be a little more outgoing, because people in college are a lot less judgemental than those in high school. Above all, know that you will find what you want to do with your life, so don't stress out about it.

College is going to be great, but you know that already. Everyone will seem to be better than you at your major at first glance, but you're going to blw them out of the water. RIT is an amazing place, and you will fall in love. However, you will do a few stupid things. First of all, don't spend all your money on magic. Otherwise you'll spend $200 before you get your $30 card. Don't brush off your archaeology assignments; you barely squeak by with a B. Other than that, study for your philosophy exams. they make or break your grade. That's pretty much all you need to know. Go out there and have a blast!

elizabeth

Get a wide base of knowledge outside of what you want to study as your major in college. When I was in high school I was so focused on taking classes that went towards my future in college, I missed out on so many other things that I could have taken. Now that I am in college all of the classes that I took in high school like AP Biology and AP Chemistry don't count because they are a part of my major and my school requires me to take them through the college. I am now basically retaking courses that I took in high school. I really wish I would have used that time in high school to take other things I wont have time to take in college, for example more physics and art classes. Also, really work on your writing skills, you will need them for every class you take in college and will make your life so much easier later on.

I would tell myself to study hard. I can do anyting that I set my mind to. I need to go to college as soon as I get out of High School instead of starting a family. If I was to go ahead and start a family, I still need to go to college because without an education, it is hard to have a great paying job. Do not worry about anything that happens in High School because when High School is over, real life begins, and the stuff that happened does not matter anymore. Life is to short to worry about things that don't matter and work hard on things that does matter. A good education will be the only thing that will take you where you want to go.

Many high school seniors view their last year of high school as quite literally their last year of school forever. When in reality, they have at least four more years of schooling after their senior year if they choose to continue on to college. Many seemed to suffer from senioritis, lacking enthusiam and effort in all areas of school. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself I would encourage my younger self to take this year seriously, and to realize that senior year was not the last year, but a stepping stone to future education. And to use this year to challenge myself with harder courses, finishing all school work, and to study far in advance for midterms and finals. The lazy symptoms of senioritis will set you up for failure in college if you do not realize the dangers right away. I encourage all high school seniors to become aware that the college years will only go as far as the work you give them, and to use their last year of high school as a tool to becoming a hardworking college student in their years to come.

As a high school senior, I wish I could have told myself that college would not be going to see your friends every day. College is about increasing your knowledge in certain areas of study to eventually obtain a career. Knowing what I do now, I would tell myself to look more into what I wanted to major in. At that time, I was undecided. I also did not know what my options were. If I would have done more research, I may not have wasted my time taking random electives. I wish I would have spoke to counselors at least weekly my senior year about my next step in my education. My parents did not go to college and my older brother only went for a year so we were in the dark. Taking more dual credit courses would have been beneficial as well. College is not cheap and it is not easy. There is no easy way out. You must apply yourself to what you are studying, whether you enjoy it or not, and learn how to succeed in any way possible.

Cole

College life is nothing like your high school carrier and don't think you can treat it like you did high school. All those friends that you had from high school sports are not gonna be around anymore and you have to make new ones. Do not just stay in your room, do not spend all your time with one person you meet, don't focus on a girl too early. You have to get out there, join clubs and get a good group of guys before you do anything else. When thing get stressful you are going to need a support system in place. Do not let the easy start of your semmester pass you by. Use it to get ahead, and move forward into your new life. You will have no one to push you except yourself. Put away that cell phone and pay attention in every class. This is your future and it is time to take it into your own hands, laziness is your biggest enemy. Don't feel bad for yourself, get out there, get better, and remember one thing, "only the best is good enough".

Datoria

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to never stop doing scholarships. Even though you may not win 10 scholarships out of the 1000 you submitted, you should still continue to apply. You never know what you could win if you don't try. One day you could win a full ride scholarship to any school that you choose, but you will not know if you don't try. I would tell myself that I understand how let down you feel when you don't when a single scholarship out of the all the ones you submitted, but you cannot let that stop you. You have to want this more than anything because if you don't no one will. You are the one who controls your future, and no one else. No matter how many times you get knocked down you have to get back up, and try again until you get where you want to go. The most important thing you should remember is to not let having no money stop you from reaching your goals in life.

Bennoni

You'll meet so many people with amazing backgrounds and they all want to be friends with you, so dn't be scared of the future. You'll be alright, just trust your decisions and apply to more scholarships.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to not rush out of high school. High school is when you can truely act like a kid and have fun, and that move to college is a big step, so enjoy it while it lasts. The next advice I would give would be to to be smart, and NEVER buy textbooks for full price. My first semester I bought my textbooks from my college bookstore, and I haven't gotten them from the bookstore since. You save so much money when you get them from a website or even use ebooks. You will be saving money and paper. My next advice would be to make friends with everyone. It makes the transition to not knowing anyone a lot easier. I was never a very outgoing person, but my first quarter at school I really broke out of my shell and tried to make new friends. It made being away from my old friends a lot easier. And lastly I would tell myself to call my mom more often. She was always worried sick.

Forrest

One of the most important features of post-secondary school was the use of studying. There were things that would better our understanding of how college classes work. First being that in the college classrooms you must teach yourself and use your personal ability to learn and pass each class. The next thing about college is you should make about three hours for studying for every hour of class that you attend to apply what you learned in class to what you write about and study for. Stay true to your understanding about education. Make it what you want and choose what you want to learn about. Spend the time that you have in the first couple of years you are given in college to work on your character and who you are as a person. Put as much energy into school as you can, embrace the options your advisors give you and become involved in the community. The people that you open yourself to will in turn open themselves to you, positive or negative, every interaction is an experience. So have fun and don't stress over the microscopic things and keep your mind on the bigger picture.

Jaewoo

Apply to many scholarships as possible. Coming from a low-income family, i have conserve my money. Even though there are many things i want, i have to live with what i have. This may sound cliche but i want to tell my younger self to study hard and be thankful for having an amazing family to support through my troubles.

Fontaine

If only there was a way to travel back in time. If there were a way, I would go up to myself, tap myself on the shoulder, and pull myself aside for awhile. There would be several topics I would want to discuss with my younger self. I would tell myself that finding the right college is very important, and that in order to find the right college, I should start the college search early. I would tell myself to get the ball rolling, have scholarships ready, and have a plan already thought up. I would tell myself to take more Advanced Placement classes and tests in order to place out of some college courses so I could maybe take more classes in the future. I would also tell myself to work harder at my summer job, get some more hours in there to save up some money for my future. I would tell myself that nothing is more important then preparing for college, for my future. I would let myself know that if I don't put enough thought into my future, then my future will not put a lot of thought into me.

nicole

If i could go back in time and give myself some advice I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could. I would also tell myself to join more clubs and to get out there more, not to be the quite little mouse I was. I would tell myself to not do the nursing thing because I would change my mind to start doing the Vetrinarian Technician. I would also say join clubs in college also and that college wasn't to bad and not to stress because you would have alot of people to help you.

If I were to travel back in time, I would tell myself to research more. I would research more about my intended major, mechanical engineering. My father is an ME and I figured I would like it too. I was decent at math and science, but my passion was art. Then I would have realized I could combine the two into what my major is now: Industrial Design (or product design). I wouldn't have wasted a year as an engineering major. Research more about scholarships. I wish I had applied to scholarships in high school, because my parents aren't paying my college tuition. I have to somehow come up with that money. While in school, I can only make so much money working. Work also takes time away from my studies. Research more about the environment, my real passion. I am an avid outdoors woman, and am treasurer of RIT's Outing Club, our school's adventuring/hiking/camping/biking/spelunking/geocahing/orienteering (and more...) club. I love nature and want to help our culture become more in tune to our environment. I want to eventually start my own business designing sustainable products and help save our earth.

Jacquelyn

Dear Jackie, Stop stressing. You will be fine. You are the officer of three clubs, have a paid internship, a job, play 2 varsity and 2 club sports, and have a 4.2 GPA. Use this last year of high school to lighten up and get out of the books. There is more to life than school. You need more than school to succeed in life. It is good to have high standards, but it is time to try new things. Look around and take full advantage of the things you are surrounded with. Frederick county really isn't as bad as you think it is. Explore. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and live a little. Soon this will all be in the past. The whole world lies ahead for you to take on. Don't worry about what school you end up at because everything happens for a reason. It is all a part of God's plan for you. Live for now and calm down about the future. It will still be there waiting when the time comes.

Travsi

I would tell myself that the most important thing to do is to have fun. You need to explore and look around for what gets you going, what makes you smile with joy. You need to find that thing that give you the motivation to get up out of bed everyday and to enjoy doing it. Once you have found that one thing you'll be happy. Now my emphasis on fun does not mean that you should forgoe ambition and motivation. You need to take your urges of fun to the next level.You have to take an active interest in becoming better, practicing those parts which are most challenging to being the best, those parts which you skip over as they are not as interesting as the rest, but are none the less important. At the end of the day you must need to get better, but have fun all the while. Explore, get motivated and have fun.

Giovanni

ar is 2007 I find myself sitting there waiting for 12 PM to come along so I could go home from school, as I am about to leave I stop myself. I set myself down and advice myself to go and take another math class another English class it does not matter that I have all the credits to graduate. I would also apply for more scholarships and would tell myself that college is more important than I have ever thought. The teachers my parents everyone was right knowledge is power the more you know the better off you the better you feel and more accomplished you are. The future is amazing you have two wonderful sons and an amazing wife you don’t only owe it to yourself but to them to provide for them to serve as an example to your children about going to school. I would beg myself to take everything more seriously and actually TRY to better myself and get into a great school and a promising career. Thanks for your time.

Douglas

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to take more AP courses. I was a smart student, I graduated top 5 in my class in high school. I was already signed up for 2 AP classes, and thought that any more would be too dificult. But, knowing what I do now, I would have preferred to take 2 or 3 more AP courses. The reason being that I wouldn't have had to take these courses in college. I now have to pay a lot of money to take these classes, and I could have graduated a semester earlier if I had taken more AP classes.

Karina

Time really does fly when you’re having fun. It feels like just yesterday you were playing marbles in the dirt. You never thought senior year would come, but look at you now. Each day you wake up and get ready for school is another day of building success. Although you want to make your last year of high school memorable, don’t forget that this is one the most important years of high school. I know you’re excited about going to college, but remember that it’s not all fun and games. As you enter college, go with the mentality of knowing you can conquer anything that comes your way. Take every class serious and pour your heart into every assignment. There will be days where everything seems to just pile up on top of you, but nothing is impossible and every problem has a solution. Don’t put anything to the side; turn in everything ahead of time before deadlines. If you follow these simple suggestions college will be a breeze for you. Remember you’re young and what you do now will affect your future. Good luck!

Heidi

I would tell myself to finish the college degree that I started so many years ago. I would also tell myself to think about what you want you actually want to do with your life so that a person can pick an appropriate major. I would also lecture myself on the importance of further education and that it does indeed matter.