Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

Some of the teachers are very opinionated and will cut you down no matter what. I have had very few teachers who truely appreciated me as a person, which is frustrating when you go to talk to them and they don't answer your question because they disagree with what you are saying to being with.

Most frustrating ting about the campus is how odd placed / weird a decent amount of the student are. Social life is good when you are in or friends with some one in a fraternity/sorority or sports team, other then that most students stay locked in their rooms, are unsocial and play games.

I'm not entirely sure what is. I guess I wish there was a better physics department. This is a technical school so the sciences tend to be the best here. Unfortunatley physics doesn't have the best reputation for being applicable and that seems to impact its standing.

Their undesire to transfer credits to be counted for core classes when you have taken equivalent classes at a previous college, and/or you have earned an accredited technical certification which would satisfy the knowledge needed to pass that class.

Commuters will not have too much of a social life since clubs are later in the day like during dinner time, which most commuters go home by then. The education here is also really expensive making it unaffordable for some students.

The "quarter-mile" walk in the winter because it is SUPER cold. And the registration process for class because they're starting to restrict a ton of class because you are not in that certain college of the university

Because it is an intitute, it is devided up into colleges. This makes interdisiplinary studies difficult: I wanted to study StudioArts and Buisness, but that ment sacrificing my artistic studies a great deal.

The most frustrating part about my school, would be how little females attend my school. It is hard for me as a female to find many female friends. As I look around I find that most of my friends are males.

My school uses a quarter system, so its 10 week quarters, instead of 15 week semesters. This makes it so there is always so much work to do since you always have a tests or quizes just 1 week away.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is still on the quarter system. This makes seeing friends and family very difficult because breaks are extremely short and at unusuall times.