Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

There are barely any girls, especially as a computer science major. It is typical to have classes entirely filled with guys and to be at parties where there are only 2-3 girls.

The long walks to and from classes. This isn't so bad in the fall and summer, but in the colder months it can be pretty uncomfortable.

The most challenging thing for me was to recieve a financial aid package estimate when I was considering which school to transfer to.

Using the student website for enrolling in classes. It is very difficult and tedious to use and becomes very annoying very quickly.

The professors are unwilling to move classes around to accomidate a change in schedule, it is a strict sequential schedule

As I am from Southern California, the winters here can get very cold. Walking 1/3 mile to class can be quite annoying.

There aren't enough bike racks on the campus near the acedemic buildings or the book store to put out bikes.

The lack of more artistic people and the fact that there's a LOT of guys and not very many girls.

During Winter, it is really, really cold here. Sometimes this kills the social life on campus.

There is a half-mile walk between the resident section of RIT and the academic section.