Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

I wish I had known how truely life changing college would be. It doesn't as much change who you as a person are, but you realize the type of person you want to be in the near future. You learn a lot about whether you can be away from family or you can travel miles away. You learn how to manage your time, and most importantly out of everything I wish I knew how responsible you have to be in college. No one is going to run after like in high school for work.

The school often seems indifferent to the individual student. There are alot of facilities available on campus, and alot of things like intramural sports that look good when looking at the campus, but what they don't tell you is that these things are often in use by the school for other events and unavailable to the students, and the intramurals are often cancelled for events.

I wish I had known the scholarship I thought I could get would turn out to be full. Though if I had I may not have come here and would probably have opted for an in-state school. Besides that, I knew quite a bit about the school before getting here so I wasn't too surprised by really anything that I feel I would have been better prepared for knowing about in advance.

Before I came to RIT I wish I had known more about the hockey team. When I entered college, they were not Division I, so I didn't know much about them, but while I was there, they went through the process of becoming D-I, so I began attending more hockey games. They are a ton of fun to watch and a great (and cheap) on-campus activity on a Friday or Saturday evening.

I wish that I would have known how different college is from high school. During the first week of the academic year, I was very nervous that the former issues I left behind in high school would resurface. Needless to say, I quickly realized that college life is a truly unique experience that is full of more positives than negatives compared to high school.

I wish that I knew more about the different career oppurtunities before I came to RIT becauuse thats something that you do not learn in high school. They should show you different majors and allow you to experience them and then choose one rather than basically guessing at a major that you think you may like because you need to choose one.

I do wish I grew up with happy family or upscale but I've been rasied by the working class. I wanted to be rich and support my family and wanted to pay for my parents' retirements. But I'm not sure what's fate I have. It's my only hope to change my life from unhappy to happy. That's why my future is important to me.

I wish that I had known that it was as windy as it is in Rochester. I was not prepared for the windy days walking to class. I would tell anyone who comes to RIT in the future just to make sure they have a windbreaker or something of that sort to wear when you walk to class on the windy days.

I wish I had known more about the deaf community present on campus. I didn't even know it existed until my first day of orientation. While I was aware of NTID, I didn't know how big of an impact it had on the lives of everyone living on campus.

I wish i had known that the school would really end up being more costkly than i had anticipated and also how hard it would be for me to be academically sucessful. Also i widh i knew that i would be having absolutely no fun what so ever.