Rock Valley College

« See more reviews of Rock Valley College

Giving advice to myself in high school would probably difficult. As a child I have been known to be stubborn at times, and the thought of going to college was always a part of who I wanted to be. There was no question that I was scared and a little intimidaded by the fact of going to school and not being surrounded by my usual friends and teachers. I know that the fear I had at that time was fear of the future and what it brought. I would tell myself to not be afraid of what the future might bring but to prepare myself for the advantages that would come of it. Be ready for college, I would tell myself, and be open minded about all of the great oppertunities it has to offer. Everything will fall to place and nothing will hold you back unless you allow it to.

Make sure you keep your class schedule as full as possible and try to take classes during the summer so everything stays fresh in your head. Talk to the department heads frequently to you can be sure you know where your passion lies. The last thing that I had ever thought I would want to do with my life is what I'm getting my degree in now. Do what you love not what you thing you want. Each feild of work has so many different opportunities so talk to everyone you can about their carrers and get involved with the community. Jobs are everywhere and voluteering doing something you love in high school can open up more doors than you would ever imagine.

Well, high school senior me, I would tell you to continue working hard because it will be very useful in college. Working hard goes beyond effort, it also means flexibility. Continue trying out new note-taking skills, test taking strategies, and studying tips. The ability to switch between these strategies depending on the college course you take is extremely important and will help you immensely. Also, keep looking for scholarships. Research your heart out and create lists of everything you qualify for. I warn you though, please don't overwhelm yourself with your scholarships, academics, and volunteer activities. Time management and balancing is key.

I would tell myself that college isn't only about academics. It is filled with many opportunities that don't even involve a pen a paper. If I could open my mind to the possiblities of enriching myself as a human being, not just a student, I would be rewarded. Get envolved, get educated in everything that your college has to offer and take advantage of all the opportunties that are waiting for you. Use this time as a trial and error period, rule out nothing until you've tried it. Never decide that something isn't for you until you give it a chance. College is when you can truely discover what your made of and what makes you.

I would tell myself to really think through the college life. I would try and convince myself to go into college with the attitude that I should be thankful that I even have the opportunity to be at a higher education school. I would tell myself that school matters and that I should do the best that I can with the hand that God has dealt me. I would tell myself that if there is any doubt about attending school right away after high school that I should wait, because everything I do at school matters the second I start. I would encourage myself to be serious about everything that I do from that point on.

If I were to go back in time as a high school senior I would make many changes! I was too young to go away to school at the age of 18. I did not know what I wanted to do and wanted to use college as a chance to get out of my house! I would of definitely made the choice to go to the local community college and save money and live at home with my parents. It took me 3 years to figure out what I want to study and I am glad I took my time and found my passion. I am very excited to start studying what I really enjoy! I hope my career will make me feel the same!

I would tell my high school self: Do not eliminate any possibilities. Do not settle for less! There is so much opportunity for you to succeed. Find that drive deep within you (that we know we have) and make it happen. Oh yeah, and by the way, you're gonna change your mind many times as you go through, but that's OK. College is all about finding yourself. It's going to be a heck of a ride, Carey!

Ronald Raygun was the worst thing to happen to this nation his racist ideals and lack of compassion to the poor will go down in history as the most destructive Administration of the later part of the 20th century, knoing this I would have left the UsA for Canada.

If I could go back in time to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to study for every exam even if I felt like I knew the material well enough not to. I would also tell myself to pay attention in every lecture and to take extensive notes.

Knowing my passion would overrall be respirited my path