Rock Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rock Valley College

Rock Valley College is a very good, low-cost option with some amazing professors who are willing to help you every step of the way. There are many advisors willing to help you with your credits, and if you're not sure what classes you need to be taking for your specific degree, just ask! Rock Valley has many great resources to help you with whatever you may be struggling with on campus!

Katherine

Rock Valley College has amazing facilities. The Jacobs center (the science building) is updated and modern. The tuition is really reasonably for the education you are receiving here. The professors genuinely care about their students succeeding. Also I always feel safe on campus especially because we have our own police on campus.

Cailei

Rock Valley has a very welcoming environment and is a excellent choice for anyone who is currently undecided in their major, or looking to stay close to home while getting all their prerequisites out of the way. It is very affordable, and they still offer scholarship and financial aid opportunities for student. You can meet a lot of friendly students and teachers that are always willing to help with any questions or concerns about campus or classes. Overall, I'm glad I chose to attend Rock Valley College.

Jacqueline

Rock Valley College is a great community college for students around the Rockford area. It has great facilities and newly renovated buildings that accommodate our needs. Several different places around campus fit for both introverts and extroverts. Not a lot of food choices on-campus, but there's a lot of nearby off-campus restaurants.

Julienne

the campus is big and beautiful

Ben

I've had a good time at Rock Valley, it's an affordable starting place for those who do not know what they wish to study and get gen-eds done before moving on wards and upwards. That being said it's also useful for students wanting to explore various fields and get a leg up before graduating high school. It's not the top of the top, but for the level of education you can't beat the price.

John

Rock Vally has been my least favorite college thus far. Being a military veteran, I expected more from them in supporting those who have served by at least having someone on campus knowledgable on the GI bill... I will no longer be attending Rock Valley College due to their incompetence and lack of resources for students.

Sharon

RVC is a great place to start off. All the professors I've met have been really nice and willing to help. There are lots of things happening so it's easy to get involved with the school and have fun. Just about every resource you could need is available and it's a really nice campus.

yoselin

My overall opinion about Rock Valley College is that its a very good place to attend. I am currently enrolled at this college and it's just right for me. I feel safe here no matter what time it is, also it is very easy to get help from the teachers. This college offers dorms for students that are not from Rockford.

Mariah

Over all it is a pretty good school. A good place to go to figure out what you want to do and take different classes. They have many groups to be a part of and clubs. The food is pretty good. They have a good variety of food to chose from. Most of the professors are helpful and easy to talk to about any issues you may have.

Morgan

I really love the atmosphere on campus as well as the availability for help whether it be from the professors or tutoring programs. I really like the small college feel. Everyone is so friendly and it makes it really easy to make friends who make you feel like you belong here.

Maggie

Rock Valley is a great community college with many wonderful professors and a beautiful campus. Lots of accessible, nice buildings. The advising and other offices are very helpful. Students are easily able to figure out issues because of accessible faculty.

James

I think that rock valley is a great and affordable community college with delivers a great education to all students. Everything is in close proximity to each other, teachers are pretty available to you, class sizes average around 35, and there's an activity for someone to do or join.

Jonathan

Rock Valley College is a good place if you want to save a bit of money compared to larger universities. If you do your research and pick good professors then your experience should be great - as there are some really exceptional people here. Although most of the people seem to want to go in, attend class, and leave (most people attending have families and jobs to attend).

Luke

It a excellent establishment that is cheap enough to test the waters in which you decide what career to pursue.

Monica

I think that Rock Valley College is a good starting point for one's college journey and it saves money to take the general education classes here. It is a little boring though, considering we don't have any "big games" to go to. I'm also sad that they discontinued some of their fun elective classes, like Japanese language classes and Mythology class.

Chloe

I absolutely love Rock Valley! I am extremely sad to be leaving this Spring! Professors are always there to help and want to see their students succeed. I definitely recommend joining a club on campus in order for you to form meaningful relationships since it is a community college. Every couple of months they have club fairs.

Cynthia

In my last two years at Rock Valley College, I felt a bit lonely. Classes are a good number ranging from 25-30 students per class but for some reason I felt like most students were just in and out. If there is anything RVC could work on it's finding a way to get students more involved in clubs and recreational activities to really get to interact more with each other and overall increase the social life on campus.

Madeline

I love this college! The campus is beautiful and well kept. All of the professors are great and very helpful. They are also all available outside of class to help you. The college offers a lot of helpful resources so students are able to stay on track. They offer free tutoring and a writing center for any homework questions.

Pay

It a very nice community college. All the professor are nice and available when you need them. The professor are very helpful and willing to help if you need them. Parkings are free and the school have many kind of services they can help you with. It is safe around the campus.

Warisha

Rock valley college is a good community college that let every body to strong their selves and get ready for four year college if you want to otherwise Rock Valley have lots of good majors as well as certificate program and they also offer their students student worker employment.

Tia

Very clean college. The instructors actually care and has many available one-on-one times for students who need it. They are also very friendly, approachable, and helpful. This college helped me love school and learning. The classroom size is a perfect amount to have group discussions. I really enjoyed Rock Valley College.

Ann

I have had great experiences in this college. All of the classes that I’ve taken were worth my money. If there is one thing this school could improve on it would probably be staff in the science department. This college lacks higher level chemistry courses. The science department dean could also be more friendly.