Rockford University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rockford University

Sydni

I am only starting my second semester at Rockford University after transferring from a local community college. I love the small class sizes and how dedicated the professors are about wanting their students to succeed. The transition from community college to Rockford University was very easy, and I am forever grateful to the many professors and other students that I have/have yet to meet at RU.

Lazerice

A great school. However, the football program is underfunded. Sports is big as most of the schools population contains a high percentage of athletes, yet athletes hardly receive funds for new things. SAS helps a lot and there are many great resources but some classes are unnecessary and are handled unprofessionally by professors. Students make the school great! Everybody knows each other and treats one another with respect and kindness. There’s a special diversity here and it is embraced every day. Rockford University is a great place to meet new people, gain new and many resources, and become successful.

I personally love this school for several reasons that others may find to be negatives about a school. It's a very small campus and every building is within walking distance. 11:1 student teacher ratio with a variety of classes. We are a liberal arts school so most people are liberal. Students are encouraged to take classes outside of their major. Teachers are either amazing or apathetic but manageable. Lots of job opportunities on campus

Abigail

I love the campus set-up and there are many activities to participate in and groups to join. The academic atmosphere is exactly what I was looking for in a college. Some of the professors that I have had were not as professional as I had hoped, but the material that they taught was still appropriate to the course they were teaching. There is a lot of diversity on campus which I like because it is different from the atmosphere that I am used to going to school in. Overall, I think that Rockford University is a very qualified, professional, and greatly operated university.

Overall my opinion of Rockford University is positive. I have enjoyed attending Rockford University so far. A majority of my professors have instructed their courses in interesting and informative ways. The advisory and counseling services available are splendid.

Victoria

As a current student at Rockford University, I am the first to applaud the school for employing amazing professors and providing the students with great facilities and academic options. I am also sad to admit that the quality of life within the school is not as amazing as the academic aspect. Due to the poor living environment and on-campus food choice, I have to give my beloved university a lower rating than I would hope.

Joachim

Rockford University is a great campus with easy access with professors, students, coaches, and so on. They have everything you need to succeed on campus. whether you need help on Math or English, Rockford University provides with tutors and professors. Since the school has a pretty small population for a university, it is relatively easy to seek assistance. Everything is walking distance, so no need to have to drive or run far on the other side of campus when everything is near each other. Everyone here is very proactive and ongoing with each other as well. Overall, great school, and as a freshmen trying to adjust into the college life, Rockford university has helped made it a smooth transition.

Alexis

I love the campus and like the fact it is in a big city with all kinds of shop and restaurants. I have made some good friends already, and have met alot of people from all over the world. 2 of my good friends are from France and Denmark. I am close to home but far enough away to feel independent. I have joined clubs and I play soccer for the womens team.