Kansas City, MO
Rockhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rockhurst University

Kayleen

I have attended Rockhurst for a semester now for my graduate program in speech-language pathology. I really love the small class sizes, the professors, and the classes I have taken! Rockhurst gives an opportunity for their SLP grad students to really get a feel for the real world with clinical placements-which I absolutely love!

Monica

Rockhurst University is a beautiful, quaint campus located in the center of Kansas City, Missouri. It's a university that places an emphasis on the pursuit of scholarship in academics, loyalty in Jesuit values, and service to others. Professors are always willing to stop and chat, whether it's just to say 'hi' or have an in-depth conversation about the course. Students are generally friendly, and the administrative staff are respectful. This is a place where students can grow academically, socially, and spiritually.

Sally
Rockhurst Is...

Rockhurst Is...

Rockhurst University is no doubt an average school. I'm not saying it's the worst because the academics here are pretty on point and the area(not troost or the paseo, obviously) is actually pretty nice to go out to. That being said, there is such a lack of diversity and anything truly remarkable about this school. We have decent athletics- with the soccer team doing really well this year, but there's not much on-campus spirit. The food is good at first, then you just get tired of it. Too much mass-produced food is never a good thing. There's plenty to do on campus, but it won't really come to you, you have to go out and find it.

The students at Rockhurst University are mainly caucasion individuals with a catholic background and come from suburban homes and middle class families. Many are commited to serving the community through service and promoting social justice. Female students out number male students. Many students are affiliated with greek life. Although many students on campus are liberal or have "exotic" views, these students often don't speak up because their views do not match those of the University's. School spirit here is not very high, at least in athletics, but many students choose to support eachother in other aspects.

Given the chance to hop in the Delorean with Doc and head back to 2008, when I was a high school senior, I would have a chat with myself about location, campus size, and course difficulty. First, I would want to let young Samantha know that it's okay to leave home. It's okay to be more than a few hours away from your family because college is the adventure of a lifetime and your family will always be there no matter how far you travel. I would also tell myself that I don't have to go to a small university to get the attention I want from proffesors. Small universities don't always have the research opportunities, facility equipment, or student diversity you want. Many students want small class sizes and close contact with professors because they are nervous that college level coursework will be difficult and intimidating. It's not as hard as it looks! The course work is not as difficult as it seems and many campuses offer tutors or other help if you get in over your head. I promise you will be fine so go have an adventure!

When I brag to students about my school I first mention the amount of financial aid I received. A majority of students here at Rockhurst have financial aid. I also brag about the programs and majors offered here. Rockhurst offers many majors related to professional careers such as pre-med, CSD, nursing, OT, PT, and business. I also like to brag about its location. I quite enjoy Kansas City!

Corwin

I would tell myself to be ready to face challenges to my faith, my beliefs, and my morals. I would tell myself to be ready to trust God when my time is crunched and my money is spent and to step out of my comfort zone to explore opportunities. But, I would also advise myself to pursue scholarships and work opportunities in earnest and to attempt to obtain at least a few, as it will become extremely important when I leave Running Start. I would also encourage myself to not even try to do my scheduling alone and to seek out the help of an advisor after the first quarter of Running Start so that I can pursue my AA more directly. Besides that, I would simply advise myself to press on towards the goal to win the prize for whish God has called me, heavenward in Christ Jesus and to keep my eyes focused on Him as I purse my future career in computer graphics and animation through college.

Anna

Rockhurst is a small school that endorses the importance of service and learning but also allows students to be avctive in social groups and have control of their own individual college experience to mold into the exact experience that they want.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to trust myslef more and not second guess my actions. I would tell myself to have faith and trust my decisions, because they had gotten me as far as I had gotten then and they would continue to help me succeed in the future. I would tell myself to not be as hard on myself and to learn to find the balance between pushing myself to work hard, and expecting the impossible. I would also make sure to tell myself that it is not about being perfect, it is about being happy, and that all things happen for a reason. I would tell myself to not be upset about staying close to home for college, because there will be days where you are happy that you can drive home for the weekend as oppossed to have to fly or drive ten hours. Finally, I would tell myself that, as long as I know I worked as hard as I could, then I should be proud of myself becasue that is all I can do, whether it produces the outcome I hoped for or not.

The most frustrating thing about Rockhurst is the computer services, such as the internet acess in some areas and the availability of printers.

The advice that I would give myself is, I need to stay focused an to study study study.

Someone that is serious about their education

Small class size. Rockhurst made the top universities list in newsweek magazine.

Marisa

Rockhurst University is a Jesuit liberal arts school with a pretty campus in an urban neighborhood, a strong focus on developing well-rounded and service-oriented leaders, a thriving social Greek community, and a predominately Catholic, white, and upper-middle class student body.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more easygoing, to go with the flow more, and to learn to take myself a little bit less seriously. I would remind myself that a meaningful life is one in which you find happiness and not necessarily worldly success, and I would try to emphasize the fact that even when things conspire against you and you think your life is over, it isn't. I have learned that life is about finding balance, about learning to work hard AND play hard, about being willing to try almost everything once, and about not being afraid to take risks, to meet people, and to put myself out there and make myself vulnerable. But most of all, I would tell myself to stop worrying so much and try to find some inner peace, because after all, we already know that it all worked out in the end.

There is a lot of tension between the school and the surrounding neighborhood, and a lot of misunderstandings on the part of both the students and the neighborhood.

Jimece

I think about this question all the time. When I graduated from high school, my intentions were to attend Ohio University in Athens, Ohio because at the time they had the best Journalism program. Thereafter, my dream was to attend law school. Secretly, my career path was supposed to be the same as Star Jones. Whenever I would see her on the View, I always believed that she had my job. However, when I told my father about my decision, he told me that he did not want me to go to Ohio University, but first attend the local community college and we will consider after the first year. If I could be transported back into time, I would either attend the community college and transferred to Ohio University or alternatively, attended Ohio University without my father's permission . It is important to follow your dreams and not listen to what anyone else has to say about. it I have learned that It is important to follow your heart, your vision and do not let any road blocks stand in your way. In the words of Nike, "Just Do It."

I wanted to obtain a degree in Communications with emphasis in journalism/Broadcasting. Rockhurst offers the degree during day, but not in the evening and because of my responsiblities, I cannot attend school during the day. Most schools do not have a broadcasting program in the evening.

First, I am glad that they had an evening program for adults who are working full-time. Secondly, I am glad that Rockhurst had a Paralegal program and I was able to transfer all of my associates degree credits and apply it to my bachelors degree. In fact, if they did not have the Paralegal program, I would have had to start over again. At my age, if I could not find a school that had the Paralegal program, I may not have further my education.

Rockhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.