Kansas City, MO
Rockhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rockhurst University

Peter

Intensively, academically focused during the day and wild and fun by night.

Intensively, academically focused during the day and wild and fun by night.

Small schools breed gossip where everyone knows everything.

When deciding on a school, you should really VISIT and STAY at the school. Talking to random strangers on campus might even help. Once you ahve picked your school, GET INVOLVED. Greek life may sound sketch to some, and I know I never in a million years would have though I would have rushed, but it has turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life and I KNOW I have met friends that WILL last my whole life.

Natalie

I kind of blew off the really investigating what college I wanted to go to. I looked at 2 schools and figured I would make it work in the one that gave me the most money to attend. Parents - if at all possible, do not make money a huge factor in where your kids attend there are always loans if they really have their heart set on a place. Students, investigate. When going on a campus tour, see if you can ask random people who are not giving the tour their honest opinion. These will be more trustworthy since they were not hand selected for there love of the school to try to convince people to join. When making most of the college experience, just be true to yourself. If you don't want to drink - don't. My brother and I both made it through college with a very good group of friends - not superficial drinking buddies. If you do want to - just be smart. You don't want to regret something. Know how much you can get involved and don't be pressured to make extra committments. School should take priority - that is why you are there!

I wish I had known how extemely similar everyone is that attends this school. Different personality types are very hard to find. I also wish I had known how ridiculous the science department is. They make Chemistry much harder than in should be.

People from all-girls schools in St. Louis should attend this school. People tend not to care too much about academics, but instead live for just "letting loose" and having a good time on the weekends. It helps a lot to be wealthy. Must like getting wasted and have few morals.

Nick

My school is right for me because I can walk around campus and feel like I am a part of a family or group that is achieving something great, while waving to at least 3-4 friends or professors that I know on the way to class.

Talk to friends and family who have been through the situation and find out how they handled choosing the right school (or wrong school). Then work out a plan to visit schools and have questions ready based on what you have heard from these friends and family. Each school is going to SELL itself to prospective students so you need to be an educated buyer to make the right decsion (similar to buying a new/used car). Overall, know the facts and come prepared to hear things that may be sweeter than they really are.

How to better choose a Soccer program that would fit my athletic wants and needs.

Becca

They are very open to helping me and working on projects that are important to finish.

The largest class is about 35 students which is small compared to the other schools that I looked at. The smaller classes are the best thing for me because of my hearing loss.

Talk to several students who attend the school but are not employed by the school. People that are employed are going to only talk about the positive aspects of the school. They are not going to talk about anything that they have had trouble with or the negitive aspects of the school.

David

Small Jesuit school in a larger urban setting

Small Jesuit school in a larger urban setting

Visit as many schools as possible, and look for the correct balance that best suits your future long-term and short-term goals. Next, have fun, be open to new things, and prioritize your time well.

Graham

business program and great finnancial aid opportunities

business program and great finnancial aid opportunities

have a variety of choices well before you need to make a choice. DO NOT make a last minute decision when picking a university. Make sure you research each of your options in depth and visit/spend the night to get a feel of what youll be doing and who youll be doing it with. Go somewhere large enough that you have many career options and many people to meet.

Rockhurst is very small and doesnt provide enough options as far as acedemics and degrees offered. Tha campus and people get old really fast and it doesnt take long before your wanting to be somewhere else.

vanessa

They are all so friendly and are willing to help you in whatever you need, you feel like you are part of a big family.

they are very welcoming and very friendly. they are always worried on how each student is feeling. They always want to help you, they always help you if you have any kind of problem even if its not related to school. the teachers always care about your grades and your advicers are always there to help you in whatever you need even if you only need someone to talk to. They help you adjust very fast and they try to have as many activities as they can so students can have fun in a safe and healthy way.

To the parents, to let the student choose the college where they feel most comfortable in. And if the parents are going to help pay, to take in consideration how far the university is from home, and see how much money are they willing to spend to bring the student back home (depending on how many times a year they go home). By personal experience, i can say that you can spend a lot of money each time you go home, if you live very far. The student should always double check if they have the deegre or major that they want, in the university they are choosing. They should always make a list of what they expect to get out of a university and see what university meets their expectations, in every sense. And i would say that to make the most out of a college experience the student has to mature and to make wise decisions. There should always be a balance between school work, partying, relationships,work, and other activities. If you get too much of one of them, then you are never going to suceed and enjoy college at the same time. check dorms and weather.

Rockhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.