Wentworth, NC
Rockingham Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rockingham Community College

Dana

It's a great school with a lot of medical degrees available. There are many programs to choose from and there are always advisors available to assist you. The campus is in a rural town but you are still able to access food and other things while you are at shool.

Natalie

Rockingham community college is an incredible place for students to get their start. I had incredible teachers who cared about my success in and out of the classroom. I feel more prepared to finish my degree at a 4 year university because I was able to get my start at a community college. It has also opened more doors than I could have ever imagined when it comes to student leadership. I am the SGA president, sit on the Board of trustees, am a SLDP graduate, and so much more all because of the amazing faculty and staff at RCC.

Bryan

In my opinion Rockingham community college is a great place to start if a person wants to transfer to a four year university but does not have the money after high school.

Sabrina

Rockingham Community College have amazing students, willing to work with you if there are any complications with your grades or if you are struggling. There are obviously some teachers that you should always take, regardless of your major as they are incredibly memorable (such as Mark Sattler and Ben Wooster). The students often either hang out in O'Kelly's or the Library, where you can see students conjugate, converse, and even play YuGiOh card games. The campus is relatively safe, and if you have any problems, they are always willing to help you. They take teacher complaints seriously, sometimes too seriously, and are always looking for change.

chelsey

My overall opinion of Rockingham Community College is that it's a good school up to certain things. The advisors are not the best because I've had one that put me down and told me I should change my major. It really hurt me a lot and I didn't think I was getting anywhere either because she wasn't listening to what I had to say. The teachers are good up to certain things, so far, all of mine have been available during their office hours and that's when I ask my questions or concerns. But overall, the college is okay.

Laura

Dear senior self, You have no idea of the positive impact college will have on your life. It will open up so many doors for you and allow you to learn about both yourself and the curriculum. The important thing is to not get so caught up in good grades, but to fall in love with learning. Once you do this, things will come much easier and each new course will be a quest to immerse yourself in the material. You won't love every teacher you get, but the ones who turn out to be your favorites will be those that challenge you in a different way than you were in high school. You will find out their are social issues and causes out there that you care about, but had never heard of before college. Remember to take every chance you get, even at the things you may not be good at. You're young and now is a great time to take advantage of the awaiting invaluable opportunities. College is a time to find yourself and your calling and remember the positive changes you'll be equipped to make once you earn that degree!

The students at this school need more positivity and spirit. They should be proud to be continuing their education at a Community College. It will prevent a financial burden if they want to transfer out to a four year school. Overall, students need to get more focused on why they are at RCC rather than being negative. Although it may be a stepping stone, it should not look like a bad option when compared to other people whom go straight to a university.

Someone who wants a "college experience" with study abroad or living in dorms should not attend RCC. It is a Community College that may not be able to offer some of the options a traditional student may want.

Rockingham Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.