Rockingham Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rockingham Community College

Natalie

Rockingham community college is an incredible place for students to get their start. I had incredible teachers who cared about my success in and out of the classroom. I feel more prepared to finish my degree at a 4 year university because I was able to get my start at a community college. It has also opened more doors than I could have ever imagined when it comes to student leadership. I am the SGA president, sit on the Board of trustees, am a SLDP graduate, and so much more all because of the amazing faculty and staff at RCC.

chelsey

My overall opinion of Rockingham Community College is that it's a good school up to certain things. The advisors are not the best because I've had one that put me down and told me I should change my major. It really hurt me a lot and I didn't think I was getting anywhere either because she wasn't listening to what I had to say. The teachers are good up to certain things, so far, all of mine have been available during their office hours and that's when I ask my questions or concerns. But overall, the college is okay.

Bryan

In my opinion Rockingham community college is a great place to start if a person wants to transfer to a four year university but does not have the money after high school.

Dana

It's a great school with a lot of medical degrees available. There are many programs to choose from and there are always advisors available to assist you. The campus is in a rural town but you are still able to access food and other things while you are at shool.

Sabrina

Rockingham Community College have amazing students, willing to work with you if there are any complications with your grades or if you are struggling. There are obviously some teachers that you should always take, regardless of your major as they are incredibly memorable (such as Mark Sattler and Ben Wooster). The students often either hang out in O'Kelly's or the Library, where you can see students conjugate, converse, and even play YuGiOh card games. The campus is relatively safe, and if you have any problems, they are always willing to help you. They take teacher complaints seriously, sometimes too seriously, and are always looking for change.

Savannah

I enjoyed my time at Rockingham Community College. It is a small campus and a good stepping stone before you transfer to a university. However, there isn't a lot to do at RCC. There is only a hand full of clubs and they aren't promoted properly to catch the attention of students. Over time I believe RCC will become a better campus will the new renovations they are in the process of and plan to complete by 2021. Other than that, it is nice having smaller classes and better access to your professors.