Rockland Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rockland Community College

Fulvia

Rockland Community provides a very good education. I am majoring in AA libarts- English and I am content with my decision. The classes I have taken have provided with knowledge and lots of information of the subject. It is affordable and gives me enough time to get everything else done. The campus is safe and everything is there, so I definitely recommend this school to any student.

Malka

RCC has on line classes program which i am enrolled in. the on line classes are convenient and easy to follow along if you are studious.

Timothy

The professors are less than professional. They seem to not care whether you are learning or not. Many don't have office hours and don't answer emails. Not enough classes are offered in each major per semester. It is hard to get enough classes in your major to even maintain full time status. You get no help from advisement or financial aid. You have to figure everything out for yourself plus get all the work done for your classes. It has been a very stressful first semester.

The campus is clean (from the outside), there has been many bugs in the library. The food is okay but i would skip going to the Starbucks. The coffee taste burnt and i've never gotten a good cup. I enjoy my english teacher, he has a good look on the class and wants us all to succeed as long as we try our best. Some teachers are unmotivated to do their job.

Bryan

I think that Rockingham Community College is a great place to start out at for people that want to transfer to a 4-year university. I think they have a great college transfer program. In my opinion the people that are employed their are very friendly and are willing to help a student that struggles in their academics.

Bradley

This is a community college, not a large state school. Many people go home after their classes commence, so there is not a sense of community here. People are usually friends with their high school cliques. It's not that easy to make a lot of new friends here. Sometimes when I walk to class, it's so quiet that you can hear a pin drop. The food isn't too bad, and you can go to Suffern or North Jersey for lunch or gas, amenities are not a problem here. I'm in the honors program, but classes are small and the work isn't too difficult.

Adam

It's a good school, though I consider it a step towards something greater. A lot of what I want to learn I had to learn by myself and then apply it to class. Some teachers are awesome and really establish a connection, while others are out the door before you are. The school like any other is what you make of it.

Victoria

I really enjoy attending Rockland Community College. The professors there are amazing and very understanding. You can contact them by phone, email or going to their office hours. The staff is very friendly all over campus. The teachers in the education department are intelligent and go above and beyond to help you in anyway.

Carl

Love it great stepping stone, many great students and teacher Classes are a good size and professors are usually passionate about what they teach. The food here is extremely over priced and its the one major issue I have with the school. Overall great environment, if used correctly you can really get ahead here!

Anisha

Rockland community college was a very good experience. Since my family and I could not afford a 4-year college, RCC allowed me to take classes that were affordable. I also made a lot of new connections that will last a lifetime. I also took a variety of classes and you might think that being in a community college that the teachers may not care. And this was in fact, absolutely false. The teachers cared so much about their students. They taught me life long lessons and you could see that their love for their subjects radiated off of them. I still go back to visit these teachers and my advisor whenever I can. I transferred to Stony Brook University, one of top schools in New York and I still miss RCC. I miss the connections and "feeling like home." It was definitely one of my best experiences and I won’t ever forget it.

Naftoli

Rockland Community College is a fine school, with most of the instructors as well as the student development staff (career services, financial aid, etc.) extremely devoted to their work and happy to help students as much as they can. That said, it is recommended that one strive to exceed academic expectations, as they are not very high in many classes. This will be a good preparation for later transfer schools, as even the local SUNY schools will be a drastic shift.

lizz

Rockland Community College is a great school. It is perfect if you don't know what you want to do, want to go back to school or just save tons of money. The professors are always available and getting involved on campus is highly recommended and sought out.

Kathleen

They seem to care deeply about seeing their students succeed....almost to a fault. I feel they don’t challenge the students enough, for fear of seeing some students not do well. It’s not challenging enough for students that want to not only succeed, but want to get a deep understanding of the curriculum.