Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design

Natalia

This is a great school for those who have never felt the appeal of a traditional college experience. The campus is small, as are the class sizes, which is great for getting to know people and not feeling ignored by the teacher as might be the case for classes in 200 person auditoriums. I started during COVID so all of my classes were through zoom, but I still felt the sense of community from the school and am looking forward to attending classes on campus!

Mary

I am doing a 100% online schooling, and so far I am loving all the support and having the atmosphere seem like I'm really there at the school. This school has provided me a way to get my education with still working and from my home. I am encouraging so many people to go to and utilize what Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design has to offer.

Anjanette

OMG! I am so excited bout the Degree Programs they offer. I look forward in becoming a student at RMCAD.

Shundiin

RMCAD is a really, really good school. I went to another school before transferring to this school and I got to say that this school is way better. The professors know what they are talking about and are very easy to reach if you ever have any questions. The class sizes are small and the school itself is small, so you have the ability to create some great relationships with people studying your major or people in other majors you might not have met otherwise. The school also has a lot of events that go on throughout the year and they even offer free movies to students. Overall, this school is really awesome and I am happy that I transferred here!

Alanna

I'm an online student so I can't say much for campus life. The online classes are nice though I wish I could control my schedule a bit better. The faculty is also quite nice, some more so than others. I do wish the classes lasted longer than 8 weeks. Sometimes, it feels like I'm too busy dealing with the due dates to actually learn anything. Otherwise, a great school.

Blah

If you are reading this now and are considering this school; take what I'm about to tell you to heart. It sucks. Don't go here. There is an incredible laundry list of reasons, here is a quick rundown: security locks campus down after evening class making accessing anything a hassle and security whines about opening doors, the library and wood shop close early meaning if you have work to do campus isn't the place to do it, there are no groups that people participate in, there is no cafeteria, the 'tech bar' can't help you and worst of all the art programs are a joke. Nobody takes this school seriously and you shouldn't waste your money here. Only spoiled kids who have no work ethic and are bad at art go here. Very small, crap filled pond.

Bobby

I wish someone told me how badly this schools suck and I wish i didn’t waste my money here. This is a for profit diploma mill, not an art school. Don’t go here.

Kristen

I absolutely love it. The college itself feels like a tiny town with the the way the buildings are set up. There are always student activities going on to meet new people and learn new talents. The student services are really looking out for their enrollees. The teachers really know their subjects and are happy to answer questions, even dumb ones, about careers. I do, however, miss the underground coffee shop.

I really enjoy going to this school. As an adult student and taking classes online, it has been a very enjoyable experience. I will be forever grateful to the teachers and staff that have helped me finish my Bachelor's degree. The online boards have been great to use and very easy to learn how to use. Also all of the other resources available have been super useful. Thanks for everything!

Teara

Overall RMCAD is a pretty decent school. I attend online classes and the instructors are pretty easy to get in contact with. There is free tutoring offered that will fit your schedule. There are some events going on like cartoons and cereal and after school situations. We get a pretty decent amount of homework so when you're not doing that there's always free cereal.

Kat

As an online student, the flexibility that Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design provides me is excellent. There would be no way I could pursue my goal of being a successful freelance designer without the education I am currently receiving. While online "DIY" programs are beneficial, having someone with an MFA who has been in business and knows what clients are looking for reviewing your work, makes all the difference in the world. The critiques are thorough and very professional by both the professors and students.

Robert

Take a moment to look at the 5 star reviews.. go ahead.. notice anything? Most of them seem rather scripted, like they're trying to sell you something or they are from people who have yet to attend. Obviously some reviews on here are left by marketing staff, a deplorable lie to trick you into thinking this school is something its not. Let me tell you something, RMCAD is a horrible art school. I compel you to go anywhere else, do not give in to this for profit diploma mill. Because that is all that it is. Here are the true pros and cons of this school. Pros, some teachers are really good and care about your progress. Cons, most teachers are not that great and aren't that concerned with getting you to produce your best work. There is a broken portfolio review system. The campus has cut vital resources like the library and woodshop, weekend hours, removed the cafeteria and are charging students more tuition. The acceptance rate is 100% meaning that they take anybody, it ruins the credibility of this school and all they want are students to give them money. For profit. They take anyone because they want money, not because they want to produce artists. Staff and administration are so disorganized that it will constantly affect you in the most negative ways. Oh, online classes? They are a joke. Online teachers are disconnected and apathetic and the classes are so easy that it's depressing, seriously middle school caliber stuff so that all students pass easy. Because if it was challenging some students might drop out and that would be less money for the owners of RMCAD. This school is predatory, stay away. Don't believe me? Go to campus and ask ANY junior or senior what they actually think about the school and they'll tell you what I just did.

Cliff

I am doing the off campus program and it is decent. I expected more of a challenge, but since I'm already in the trade things may come easier. For the most part, the professors are knowledgeable and are in tune with students' needs. The downside is the cost. It is extremely expensive.

Julia

Save yourself the time and extreme frustration-go online and get a Lynda.com subscription-because this is all most of the ID instructors do-give you access to Lynda to watch videos. They piss and moan about answering questions, IF you get an answer. Some teachers straight up give you 100s no matter what you turn in. School administration does not care about online students, professors are a joke.

Karina

I absolutely love this school. Everyone is so nice and the professors are very helpful. The afterschool activities and school events are really fun. The activities are art based, which is something that I'm really interested in. That's why I applied for this school.

Katherine

I have been an online student at RMCAD for almost a year now. I am a returning adult student, seeking my second degree. This is my first experience with online classes and I have been very pleasantly surprised at the individualized, timely feedback I receive from my professors. Class sizes are very small and the professors typically give very thorough and frequent feedback on assignments and are always more than willing to elaborate further if you ask. Professors have very high standards and tend to be tough graders but, overall, this has been a positive thing; their high expectations have pushed me to dig deeper, work harder, and produce my best work.

brandon

Choosing to go to college is much like choosing to undergo voluntary surgery. Both promise an increase of quality of life and both can become overwhelmingly cumbersome financially. As a patient may face losing their sustaining life force under the actions of a young and under qualified surgeon, the same can be said for a student undergoing an academic transformation under the hand of a college professor. I am a senior of the Bachelors of Fine Arts in interior design, I was attending RMCAD until recently deciding to transfer to another school. The issue I have with RMCAD is that as an online student I am treated like a nameless, faceless bank account. My classrooms where more like a chopping block rather than a learning platform. I haven’t a fixed academic leader and ally to help guide me through the maze of fine print of company policies. I have been sent too many barking emails from nameless entities within the finance department. The only assets provided are the schools newly appointed child-army of tutors and phone support that lack the wisdom of a real world life and the understanding of the human condition which teaches us to help others if we indeed are to help others. As I cope with the crushing defeat of a dream lost from too many missteps in the half decade of an academic education, and after many weeks of just wanting to commit suicide out of extreme frustration, I’ve come to finally see so many struggling in similar lives. In this I have learned the same lesson I have failed to learn in the past, that support will save lives but also that wisdom is key to learning. Something that RMCAD has little of in my opinion. As an online student’s critique for the Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design, here is a list of things I’ve encountered: 2 out of 8 instructors were exceptional; 4 out of 8 were acceptable; and the other half could be replaced by score card readers This is a school full of new hires, these are the people you will be dealing with day to day The department chair was the only fixed personnel and you will never speak to them unless you are alfa The curriculum is more bureaucratic than artistic, expect to be so busy that you may forget you ever were creative Expect to receive messages from the school with [student’s name] at the top of the letter and no name under finance at the bottom of the letter You may get a zero-grade on an assignment for an infraction with a frowning face in the comments, as many of these instructors are children themselves and would rather fit in than explain their actions or understand yours Overall, this school like many other for-profit schools lack the strong moral and lasting leadership that is worth admiration and respect from it’s students. Great instructors can be found in many schools but it is in a stable academic habitat that the best teachers will stay. Avoid these fly-by-night for-profit intuitions and avoid taking on-line classes whenever possible, because your very life may depend on it, at least your quality of life will.

Morgan

I am so excited to start Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design in January! I have already taken an Experimental Life Drawing class on campus that is after hours and it was great! Everyone on campus has been extremely friendly and all of the advisors I've spoken to seem eager to get me off to a great start with my academic career. I could not be more grateful to everyone that I have met with for making this an easy and enjoyable experience.

Catherine

I am an online student so I put my opinions in the middle for some of the above questions. So far my professor has been extremely helpful with any and all questions regarding the online platform as well class information. This is my first 100% online degree program. Living several states away, communication was a number one detail on my list. The staff has been nothing but friendly and willing to help above and beyond more than I have seen at my other schools.

Cyrus

This is an incredible school if you want to learn about animation and other forms of art. The teachers are fun, no one ever has problems, and the teachers are incredibly specific in the lessons. You can even do school from home if you need time to adjust to your adult life.

Cassandra

Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design is by far the best and most welcoming campus I’ve ever visited. I immediately felt comfortable there and everyone was very friendly. The grounds are beautiful and the extras that are available are amazing. I love this school and I can’t wait to be a part of the family.