Billings, MT
Rocky Mountain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rocky Mountain College

Shelby

Rocky is a great school for people who enjoy close personal relationships and the ability to interact with teachers.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would emphasize the importance of becoming more assertive and confident. In college, it's easy enough to find resources for educational struggles, but it's difficult to make friends without jumping in head-first. What I would specifically say to myself is to cut off the toxic friendships that led to a lack of self-confidence in my senior year and carried into my college life. Because of my shyness, it's been difficult to make friends or talk to classmates, which plays a large role in satisfaction with college life. I would also tell myself to start saving as much as possible and as soon as possible- instead of taking that babysitting job out of charity, I should have found something that would allow me to help people while also taking care of my needs. Financial stress is a huge issue, and since I have to pay for college myself, I should have gotten a job that would actually have helped make a dent in my current debt.

People who need extracurricular activities in a city with a bustling lifestyle would not appreciate the town in which Rocky is found. Also, people who are used to big-city lives, where there's a lot of social diversity might be shocked to find the jock stereotype actually exists, as well as many people who are openly homophobic or otherwise prejudiced. It's not overwhelming, and there are plenty of exceptions, but there are still a lot of small-town people with old-fashioned ideas.

Chualeng

If there was such thing as going back into the past and just to talk to our "highschool senoir" version of ourselves, it would be so dam awesome. My question to myself now is, where in which time peroid during our highschool senoir year? That, my answer to my own question is, start from the very first day at the start of my highchool senoir year. Knowing what I'm capable of now, and if it' even possible to go back into the past just to talk to my highschool senoir version of me, honestly I would be very glad to use as much time as I can talking to my highschool senoir version of me. What I will do is, I'll give him more than just advices, I'll just guide him so that he should force himself to better himself. Something very basic like studying very hard and always never fall behind, and even if he's a little behind, then I'll tell him, " hey you get caught up so you don't fall too far behind". Hopefully this should help my highschool senoir of me to be prepared before he actually get into a college.

Janice

The fellow classmates in my major are friendly. We spend a lot of time together in the field so we get to really know one another.

College is a difficult transition. From a life of comfort and support you enter a life where your success or failure over the next few years determines your future. That is a heavy load to carry. However, there are people around that want to see you succeed. Your parents, friends, professors and school counselors want to support you in making your dreams come true. Many people start college with a preemptive plan. Once you become immersed in a different lifestyle and constant knowledge being thrown your direction plans change. Changing your future career path during college is totally normal. The American education system is designed for you to find yourself and your dreams. The best advice I would give myself is to never shy away from help and seek it when needed. Trust your gut, it will take you in the right direction. Ultimately, remember to breath and take it one step at a time.

The wifi is always out, which affects everyone on campus. It begins to affect the quality of students work because they just blame the wifi.

Alex

If i were to go back and talk to myself in my senior year, I would encourage myself to pursue scholarships more. Pursuing scholarships early will help you out in the long run, so as to avoid back-breaking loans. I would tell myself to apply left and right for scholarships and to seek other ways of getting money for school. Also, I would try and convince myself to not look at the price of attendance and more at the quality of the school. I believe I let some opportunities go because of my skepticism towards the cost of some schools. I realize now that there are endless ways to get money for school and that I should've taken advantage of some of them.

The quality of education at Rocky Mountain College is what i brag about the most when I talk to my friends. It may be difficult but you will realize that you are recieving a top flight education in a nurturing environment.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost of attendance. I am getting a great opportunity to play football and recieve a great education, but the price of attendance is very staggering. It is difficult trying to stay here because of the price, but the quality of the school is keeping me there.

Renee

College is a new start. Allow yourself to wander. I thought I had it all figured out going into my freshman year but I didn't and that's ok. You are allowed to change your mind. Take fun classes, interesting classes, even classes that you think you'll hate because you might be suprised what you fall in love with. Allow yourself to branch out. Try new things. Be adventrous. Find yourself. It's not about the destination it's about the journey.

Outdoorsy, motivated, ready to learn, engaged

I brag about how awesome my classes are because they are mostly outdoors. Also, that I can get credit for activities such as rock climbing, skiing, etc... And how close we are to amazinf mountain ranges, and Yellowstone National Park

Paige

Learn how to study!!! As a high school student you can get good grades without putting much extra time into your studies. College classes and tests are so much more indepth and time consuming than anyone realizes. They say that each hour of a college class equals 2-4 hours of studing, but no one believes that in high school. Learn how to study in your own way and keep up with it. Take dual credit classes or AP classes while in high school. Taking these classes in high school are usually easier and much less expensive for the same amount of credits. I did take some dual credit classes in high school and my parents were very thankful. Save your money and apply for scholarships. College is expensive, but so worth it and so much fun. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. They are time consuming and nobody likes to write essays, but receiving free money for school means that you can spend more time studying and playing and less time looking for a job. Last, but not least - have fun!!!

Rocky Mountain College is a private school with only about 1000 students. RMC has a great reputation for students being accepted into the pre-med program after graduation also. These are two of the things that interested me most. Since the classes are so small, the professors really get to know their students and are interested in seeing the students succeed. I love being not just being a number at RMC. RMC also offers academic and sports scholarships to deserving students. Attending RMC has been one of the best experiences of my life!!!

The type of person who should attend RMC is someone who is academically strong and plans to continue with this path. RMC has high expectations for their students. Students should also be interested in the small school atmosphere. RMC has programs for students interested in sports, music, science, aviation etc, and are willing to give scholarships to deserving students.

lyle

never stop learning, learn from everything. Learn from your teachers, parents, friends, school, books, travels, and most importantly learn from your mistakes. Life is too short to live not knowing what youre missing.

Austyn

Rocky Mountain College is unique from any other college because I feel it is a more open-armed community. They don’t have outsiders or "new students" instead they do everything they can to make you feel welcomed. The professors want to have a personal relationship with you; they care about your education and do everything they can to see you succeed. Rocky was my first choice because the moment I stepped onto campus I knew I belonged.

Rocky Mountain College has many things to brag about but the people on the campus are the most important one to me. Many times college students never talk to their professors. At Rocky the professors want to have a close relationship with you, they want to get to know you. Your advisor dedicates so much of their time to helping you and ensuring that you are on the right path to succeed. The people at Rocky not only are there for their job but to be helping hands to help you succeed in the future.

Cortnee

Hey past self hows it going? I see that you are getting ready to graduate high school and are considering which college to attend. You may feel like you should try for an online art degree to stay in sidney mt, but consider this do you want to leave montana forever when your older based on your career choice? I know I didn't and so after putting time and money towards a degree I didn't want, I switched back to my original idea of becoming a veterinarian. I am now pursuing a pre vet degree with a bachelors degree in biology at RMC. It has been long and hard, and I wish I would have started sooner. I am running out of FAFSA aid, and I now have to pray for scholarships and private loan acceptance in order to finish my degree. If I would have just went for my vet degree to begin with I would have been done sooner and had enough to pay for undergraduate. You should start volunteering and getting experience for veterinary now, and start applying for scholarships as soon as possible. This will save you both time and money in the future.

The interaction with proffessors that is available in between and after classes. Whenever they state their office hours for availability, they make sure that they are help. Every proffessor that I have had so far is always considerate about their students and try to help them if you just ask.

The most frustrating thing about the school is how long it takes for the next semester course schedule to come out. I like to know ahead of time when courses are offered, so that I can plan my schedule. I would like it if they could get the schedule out soon after the previous one starts instead of over halfway through a semester.

Rocky Mountain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.