Billings, MT
Rocky Mountain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rocky Mountain College

Rebecca

A lot of international students come to Rocky and it is interesting because Rocky is such a small school. But the diversity really makes it easy to make connections throughout the world due to the variety of people that attend this school.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would encourage myself to seek opportunities to grow and to learn skills that will make me successful in college life (like budgeting!) because college is a completely new world compared to living at home with Mom and Dad; the variety of people you meet is astounding and they come from all walks of life. I still can't believe the people I'm friends with now and how unique they are! I would tell myself that it is essential to be genuine with the people you meet because drama flares up easily and to be trapped in the midst of it is a stressful thing, and friendships could be ruined as a result. But the most important thing I would tell my 17-year-old self would be that the people you meet at college, at Rocky Mountain College, will be there for the rest of your life- that is how great your friends will be in college. And on the first day of new student orientation, you will meet your greatest friend yet and she only lives 30 minutes away from you now.

The small size and the opportunities to get involved in any activity you want. There are so many options to choose from that it is easy to become the person that does everything and there are great leadership positions that you can actually make a difference and "make your mark" at Rocky Mountain College.

Cassidy

I know you are worried about college right now. And I know you hate yourself for screwing up in high school. Community college is literally the worst possible option in your mind right now but let me just tell you it changes your life. It is the best decision you ever made and you will thank yourself every day because of it. You'll see all your friends go off to college and I know you want that to be you, but if it was I am almost certain you would have lost the person who you are. There is a lot to regret about how you treated high school but it doesn't have to be that way anymore. You have a fresh start. This time make it count! Get involved work hard on your grades and find what really makes you passionate and happy and take it head on. Right now you know no one believes in you. But I'm telling you, you can prove them all wrong. So go out and do it.

liddie

I would saved up money to pay for school and learn a lot in school mostly to learn more things about college why i could got prepare for school but i do wanna do things in life at least be somebody and make people proud of me why i can say i did something in life . I see most of people aaround my age they not trying to things in there life why they can now .

Shelbye

My classmates are full of life. The classrooms are a friendly enviroment, that kind of encourages working together. Both semesters here i have been able to foster a good personal relationship with classmates and made lifelong friends.

I would have gone to RMC first! If I was a senior in high school again I would have put in more applications to small schools, and worked harder on scholarships. RMC has been great cause no one gets lost in the shuffle, at a bigger school the shuffle is large and you don't know the teachers personally and you have to work hard to get noticed by them. So I would have came to my priavte school first, and then the other piece of major advice I'd have is to apply for more scholarships and take even more college credits in high school. College is expensive, many use their senior year to goof off and chill, when they should be applying themselves even more, and applying for scholarships. Taking dual credit courses is great cause it costs less and it counts toward college and high school, so you can get some pesky gen eds out of the way on half the price. In conclusion my advice to my former self would be to apply myself harder, take challenging courses, and consider school size as a major factor.

The kind of person that should attend Rocky Mountain College is the kind of person who likes a close knit community. If you want your teachers to know you and to make many friends throughout the campus, and feel like you are part of a community RMC is for you! Its a beautiful school with good student to faculty ratios that really cares about its students.

Lori

Liberal arts studies and science programs.

Liberal arts studies and science programs.

If I could re-trace my steps and go back in time to give my high school self advice, I would begin by saying that everything happens for a reason and that persistance will take you where you need to go. If I knew then what I know now, I would have focused more on creating friendships and self growth. I know now that in order to be successful in this life, you must come to truly know yourself inside and out. I was always quite studious and academic work came easily to me. Even so, I put many hours every day into perfecting my work and accomplishing my goals. I believe that I may have put too much emphasis on this aspect of my life, and not enough on my personal well being. I have come to know the person that I truly am and now realize, and would say to my high school self, that the journey of personal exploration is the greatest feat one can ever accomplish. I would tell my younger self that, even though you do not know it right now, you have overcome a painful past and will have a bright and successful future.

RMC has a family atmosphere with small classes and great professors.

Allanda

Make sure you know what you want. Think about your future and where you want to be after college. Which school gives you the most opportunity to learn and work in your field? You will need as much experience as possible when looking for a job after college. Look for a community that can give you that. Also, your social life is a huge part of college. A smaller school will give you more social opportunities. College is very different from high school. There is no need to worry about peer pressure. If you don't want to do something, simply don't. No one will bother you about it. But don't be afraid to try new things either. College is the perfect place to live and learn before you enter the real world. Have fun and have as many experiences as you can. If you're dedicated, you will make whatever school you chose work in your favor.

I wish I would have known that the Theatre and Music departments were so small and over-looked. There are some benefits to having a small department and only two professors, but there are less learning opportunities. Also the Billings community has a very small Theatre atmosphere. I wish I would have focused on this when choosing my school.

Students who are looking for a bigger community and an enviornment with more artistic opportunities should not attend this school. If you know what major/field you are looking for, make sure you chose the school with the most opportunities in that field. Because Rocky is a liberal arts school, it doesn't necessarily fully accomodate specific feilds.

Cameron

A comfortable, frinedly environment, that allows you to pursue your dreams and create memories to remember for a lifetime.

I have not started college yet, I am looking to start this coming spring semester, so i would tell my senior self not to worry about rushing things, that you want to wait it out and find the perfect college for you. After all it is all about you and you're going to be spending a lot and time and energy there, so make sure your choice is everything you want .

Someone who is not interested in a small school should definitley not attend this school. It is a very close community where everybody knows and talk with each other. Most students are dedicated and want to fulfill their dreams here at Rocky, and are not to interested in the party and social scene of college as much as hard work.

Andrew

Best known for it's Aviation program

Best known for it's Aviation program

I have learned how to manage time and I have created lasting friendships that I will have in the far future. I know how to succeed in college and I know that I can make it in four years if I put my mind to it

It grants more priveledges to students living on-campus

It is very hands on and team-work oriented

It is very hands on and team-work oriented

Through my college experience, I have greatly expanded my knowledge in psychology and therapy. I have developed better team-working skills and am able to express myself orally and in writing more effectively. I have become more outgoing and confident. The classes in my major have taught me a lot about my desired career field, and I am confident that I am going into an area that I will be happy and successful in. It has been valuable to attend because I have made connections with people in my career field because my instructors are knowledeable and helpful. They have helped me find internships and careers. The professors are always willing to help students improve their grades, understanding of concepts, or even help you in other classes.

Someone who prefers small classes and more group work

Brad

Small communtiy of great people and great educators, experience and friendship that last a lifetime.

I am a graduate of the 2007 highschool class and have no clue what road to take. I am a transfer student and am currently attending my 3rd University. College has been a great opportunity for me to try new things and try to figure out what path i want to take my life. It has given me choices that only I can make and challenged me to rely on myself to push myself through adversity. I have made friends that will last a lifetime and have learned so much useful information that will help me to choose a career that is right for me. I am also in College athletics, i have learned to work with so many different personalities which has given me patience that i lacked before. After i finish i will have a degree and a purpose in life that i may not have figured out without my experience. To attend college was the smartest and most rewarding decision i have ever made.

If you are into a big school environment

Rocky Mountain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.