Billings, MT
Rocky Mountain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rocky Mountain College

It is very hands on and team-work oriented

It is very hands on and team-work oriented

Through my college experience, I have greatly expanded my knowledge in psychology and therapy. I have developed better team-working skills and am able to express myself orally and in writing more effectively. I have become more outgoing and confident. The classes in my major have taught me a lot about my desired career field, and I am confident that I am going into an area that I will be happy and successful in. It has been valuable to attend because I have made connections with people in my career field because my instructors are knowledeable and helpful. They have helped me find internships and careers. The professors are always willing to help students improve their grades, understanding of concepts, or even help you in other classes.

Someone who prefers small classes and more group work

Brad

Small communtiy of great people and great educators, experience and friendship that last a lifetime.

I am a graduate of the 2007 highschool class and have no clue what road to take. I am a transfer student and am currently attending my 3rd University. College has been a great opportunity for me to try new things and try to figure out what path i want to take my life. It has given me choices that only I can make and challenged me to rely on myself to push myself through adversity. I have made friends that will last a lifetime and have learned so much useful information that will help me to choose a career that is right for me. I am also in College athletics, i have learned to work with so many different personalities which has given me patience that i lacked before. After i finish i will have a degree and a purpose in life that i may not have figured out without my experience. To attend college was the smartest and most rewarding decision i have ever made.

If you are into a big school environment

Bethany

I am part of the equestrian program where my classmates and I have become a very close "family."

For me, college provides a nice transition between my teenage and adult life. In college, I learn how to make the right decisions while living on my own, which isn't as easy as it sounds! These decisions can be as simple as whether or not to spend that $20 on a cool t-shirt I see in the store, or something more serious like who I choose to call my friends. Luckily, I've met students who I am proud to call my friends and they will remain so for the rest of my life.

A person looking for challenging classes taught by experienced professors in a close setting. If you are intimidated by larger universities but would still like a to attain a four-year degree, this college is right for you.

Shelby

The most unique trait about Rocky is the student to teacher ratio. It is around one to fifteen. I felt that by coming to a smaller school I would gain a more concentrated education.

First I would tell myself to have a more oppen mind to all the schools I'm looking at. When I was a senior I had my heart set on going to only one school, at a last minute decision I decided to go somewhere else. I would also tell my self to not be scared, that college is an amazing experience and that i should take it all in. I would tell myself about all the people that I'd met and how great eveything is. Before I left I would tell myself to learn how to study correctly because I would need it.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is a lazy and non caring person. The teaching staff is comitted to helping each student succeed, and lazy people just take away time that can be used for other students.

Catherine

If I could go back in time to give advice to myself while I was a senior in high school. I would tell myself to keep going and save money for the purchases I would have to make in the first semester. I would also let my former self know that I need to keep a decently clean room for the convenience of my room mate. I would tell myself that there are tasks I will not want to do but I have to do and to not complain when I have to do those tasks that lie ahead of me. I would also advise myself that I need to keep in contact with my mother and not give her an attitude when she tries to give me some advice that may and usually will prove helpful.

I wish I had known how expensive the Equestrian Program was. I would have saved more of my money.

I brag mostly about the Equestrian Program, the horses I ride, and the professors who teach here.

They are caring people who think about what they say or what they do. They are people who live by the rule 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. It is easy to get along with everyone because they are all open-minded and do not judge others. Getting work done is both fun and easy because they concentrate on getting their work done before they start having fun. If you ever need help doing something many of them will be there to give you a hand.

College life is not as horrific as a lot of people try to tell you. The teachers are there for you when you need them, and whenever you need help they will take the time to get you through your problem. As long as you keep up with the school work, and don't miss more than one class day, it will be easy to keep your grades up. The people you will meet in your classes will always be there for you when you need them, even in non-school related situations that break you down. The physical labor of the Equestrian program may be overbearing at first, but eventually you will realize that it was worth all the pain. Just relax and do what you have always done. You'll get through college alive, and your life will be better because of it.

Rocky Mountain College is not meant for students who do not want to work for what the want. Students must be hard-working and studious to get through a semester of school. They should be outgoing and should be accepting of all cultures because Rocky Mountain College is a very diverse school. Students can have fun during school, but they need to understand that college is not all about partying, it is mainly about being getting work done and keeping classes their priority.

Gretchen

To parents: Begin to treat your student like a "practice adult." Make him/her responsible for his/her own laundry, do some family meal preparation, manage money, hold a job, set his or her own schedule, etc. Give your student the skills to be independent. Do not hover or micro-manage. Let him or her "sink or swim" while still at home. Give your student more and more responsibilty for themselves and others. Stop "taking care of them 24/7."..even though you are just trying to be loving and supportive. To the student: Start taking charge of your own life before you leave home. High Schools and parents still have a tendency to hover over you and manage your life. They still "wipe your butt" for you. Get a grip and grow up NOW while you still have them to catch you if you fall. At school, it's ALL up to you. You gotta (sic) have the skills to survive on your own BEFORE college. A lot of kids "wash out" (fail) the first year at school 'cause they have never had to take care of themselves.

A student who wants a big-city, big college exxperience.

Small student body = only 1 section of a course taught per semester and therefore no opportunity to change to a different professor if unsatisfied with his or her teaching methods or abilities.

College is a once in a life time opportunity so get out there and meet new people and do not be afraid to ask for help.Try not to waste money on material things. Remember nothing is free and you are doing this on your own. Apply for more scholarships because you are smart and capable of getting more. Working hard is very important but remember to work equally hard at work and at school. Work may seem more important at the time because there is an immediate reward with a paycheck but after college life will be great as you are able to have your dream job. Keeping up with grades and homework will improve the rest of your life. Getting a college degree will keep you from being like the rest of your family living paycheck to paycheck wondering how to get dinner. Right now you are working at a veterinarian office and you could not be happier. In order to help more animals you need to continue with your education so you can further your abilities. You are smart and you can do this!

Not alot of different choices of different times to take classes due to small group of students.

If I was to actually go back in time to give myself great advice I would say, "Don't quiet keep going and never give up." The reason why I would say that is because I attended college right after high school and I never got to finish. I wish I never took time off, but now I have a second chance to prove myself and everyone else wrong. That I can make it and this scholarship would make it one more step closer.

Krystal

My school consists of only about 1500 students and it's a private college. The professors are great and really are here to help us. I love it here, but I cannot afford to go here, because it is very expensive.

I think that I made a good decision. It was a really tough decision, because I decided to attend college away from home, and it made me feel really uncomfortable at first, but now I'm realy glad that I made this decision. Being away from home has helped me find out who I am as a person.

Someone that wants to get a really good education and be actively involved in the school. It's not a place where people are ignored, it is a place where everyone is involved

Rocky Mountain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.