Rogers State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rogers State University

Jimmerick

Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Some days were great, some days were terrible. Rarely ever any in between. The school is located in Northeast Oklahoma; about 15 minutes from Tulsa and sits in rural Claremore. It's very dedicated to the promotion of their soccer team, despite other teams being just as successful as them.

Attending RSU is a very personal experience. Class sizes are kept small to ensure that you get one-on-one time with your professors. RSU has implemented a new policy this year. No Friday classes to give you more time to study or meet with professors if need be.

Valerie

Rogers State University is a great school. I've gotten such an amazing education these last three years and I would recommend anyone to attend. The class sizes are small, and that is very beneficial to learning. The professors know you personally and want you to succeed in your academics, and will help you in any way they can. The students who work along side you in classes are so supportive, and everyone wants everyone to be successful. I love Rogers State University, and the opportunities it has provided for me. One of my professors even helped me obtain a job in the mental health field, where I learn so many valuable things about my future career. My education has also provided an amazing building block to further my education as a Clinical Social Worker.

Erica

This school, the people, and the classes feel more like high school than college. I studied here for a year and am now transferring to the university of oklahoma for the next 3 years to finish my degree. If you want more opportunities, choose a bigger school. RSU is in claremore in a small town with not very much options. A good portion of students just commute back and forth for their classes.

Moriah

It's very nice. It's definitely not a party school, but that can be a draw back since there aren't a lot of massive events happening. There are plenty of smaller events with a lot of free food, but they usually happen maybe once a week at most. This is a dry campus so don't bring your alcohol here! They are are very considering of mental disabilities and plenty of students are allowed emotional support animals. The food is Sodexo, which isn't very good. But at least it is edible. If you have a special diet, I really don't suggest eating in the dining hall. They do have some vegetarian and vegan options but they rarely have a hot option for those types of diets. If you don't eat meat, you're stuck eating cheese pizza, salad, and plain rice. The professors are pretty nice and they have a good tutoring service.

Chauncy

My opinion of Rogers State University is a good one. I love the campus, the people, just the environment as a whole. There is always something to do whether it be class or volleyball when weather permits, or intermural activities all along the semester. It is a great college, especially for incoming freshmen.

Sabrina

There are several positives and negatives to all universities. However, the only university that is important to me is my university, Rogers State University. Positives: 1. Classes are small enough that professors know you by your name. 2. Most professors keep regular office hours. 3. The HillCat Cafe has some awesome food. 4. Hunter the HillCat can be found at any campus/sport event. Negatives: 1. Classes are small enough professors know when you miss class. 2. Being such a small campus parking can be hard to find, but you get exercise walking from building to building--maybe this should go in the pros? 3. Do not trust the vending machines. They either eat your money or you eat stale food. 4. Have fun trying to decide which campus events you will attend and which you will not. There are to many to choose from! As one can see, Rogers State University has a positive side and a negative side. However, the negative aspects that I have listed could be considered positive aspects in disguise. Professors noticing someone is missing from class is better than feeling lost in a sea of students attending class. Walking from building to build to ensure a parking spot is not a challenge due to such a small campus. Plus exercise is always a positive, nevertheless, I am sure some would still like to drive to the next class. The vending machines eating your money or dispensing stale food means you eat less empty calories or "junk food." Finally, having so many different events going on all the time means that you are never bored on campus. No matter how you view the negative aspects I have listed, Roger State University is a well rounded school offering students many different opportunities.

Olivia

The college has made so many opportunities known to me; if it wasn't for their help and guidance i would not be able to afford college let alone attend it. They are kind and understanding people who know that you have a life outside of college, yet they will make sure you won't fall under if you get behind.

Scout

My advisor is very little help. They are only concerned with making you stay at the college instead of helping pursue the degree you want. they did not notify me when I received financial aid over the summer. Teachers are very little help and many students have been told to buy the wrong book and then weren't allowed to return it.

Kelsey

It’s awful. The teachers are underpaid (adjuncts) so many don’t care, if they answer an email at all. When dealing with the office you literally get a different answer each time you ask anything. I have lost a full year of education because of these ever changing answers. Now that I’m am transferring to a different college they are making me jump through hoops to get my official transcript. Most of said hoops I have to pry out of them because everytime I complete one there is another one they failed to tell me about. Worthless school. It’s cheap but you get what you pay for in this case.

Jackson

I chose Rogers State University because it is small, and has a close-knit feel. I come from a very small community. My high school graduating class only had 25 students. The thought of going to a huge university really scared me. When I visited RSU, I immediately felt that I belonged there. The class sizes are small and I have a real relationship with my professors. Claremore is a great place to live. We have a low crime rate and there's plenty to keep me and my friends busy. I love the bookstores, coffee shops, and other specialty stores in the downtown area.

Madalynn

I love Rogers State University. The school gives a very positive environment to learn, grow, and make connections with a great variety of people. It is safe, caring, and geared towards a personal approach that encourages you to succeed. I am very happy with my college and I plan to attend for, if at all possible, my whole college career.

Rogers State is a perfect community that is filled with wonderful people everywhere you go. The people there are so friendly and always offer a helping hand. It's the perfect atmosphere to live in. Making friendships here is also very easy especially with the professors. This campus is awesome and I recommend it to future freshmen.

Mikenzi

My experiences overall with Rogers State Univeristy amass from the fun experiences and resourceful professors. I am grateful I got the opportunity to go to Rogers State University as each and every class I’ve taken so far has given me valuable knowledge and experiences for my future.

Rebecca

I think Rogers State University is a great school! I'm so excited to start my first semester in the fall. I've already met several of the professors and other staff and everyone is very nice, helpful, and welcoming. I'm looking forward to all of my future experiences and friends that I'll make!

Kristina

RSU has been awesome in how they handle the students. Professors are funny and keep the classrooms interested in the lessons. The professors I have had bring themselves down tot eh students level and aren't intimidating. It is a very welcoming environment!

Shelby

I loved attending Rogers. I now attend another university due to athletics but my time at Rogers definitely can not be beat. The relationships I built there were some of the greatest and it made it so hard to leave. It was one of the greatest experiences I had, honestly upset I had to leave.

Jordan

I love RSU. It's the perfect distance from home, with fantastic professors and staff, as well as affordable tuition. It also gave me the opportunity to get job experience in my major field because they offer positions at the campus tv station, so I'm prepared for the future.

Jazmine

I think it is a great school that provides quit a bit of options for its student to choose from. They help students when they can and make sure they know all the resource that are provided by the campus. They also help you do you FAFSA so that you can get the stressful moment out of the way so you can enjoy your college days.

Ashlyn

It is a good school socially. There isn't much to do in the area, but I feel safe and the class sizes are good. In gen eds right now, but I don't feel like I have learned much in my first semester. Hopefully, I will have better classes in the next one. The athletic teams are getting better, so more people want to come out and watch.

torie

Rogers states university is a very well put together school. The campus is cleanly, updated, and the students are inviting. The professors are very willing to help and readily available when a question presents itself. There are also plenty of campus sport, clubs, and activities to keep you very involved I highly recommend this university for anyone looking for an inviting campus with great academics and opportunities.

Rosalind

Rogers State University is overall an under-developed school lacking the impressive renovations most universities have now. RSU is a good school to attend if you need a quick and easy degree. Student life and academic challenge is lacking.

Justin

I think they are a great school that one can get a 4-year degree from that isn`t as expensive and or as far away from home as other schools. I like how it seems that RSU is trying to expand their programs. Such as getting a sports team together and that students now can apply for scholarships while playing on the sports team as an athlete would that was [playing on a baseball, soccer, and or basketball team. One thing I would like to see improved is how the Professors listen to their students. The one great thing about academia is the place were the expanding of the minds can come together. I just wish there was a little of expanding and or coloration of other ideas. However there are some Professors that do listen to their students even when what the student thinks/says does not agree with the Professor.

Trixi

Overall, I believe Rogers State University is a well-equipped and well-prepared source for education. With many degree options to choose from, easy acceptance from community colleges, and easily transferable to further education Rogers State University is well worth the time and effort for education and personal growth. Rogers State University better prepares you for your better tomorrow!

I have always felt comfortable here. Admissions has always been helpful and guided me in the direction that was best for me. Professors have always taken time out to answer any questions that I may have. Faculty and staff are always pleasant and very helpful.

Abigail

Rogers State University is a college that values making campus feel like home. The class sizes are small enough to get the opportunity to build a relationship with your professors, and the work challenges your educational abilities without being overwhelmed. While the student face minor setbacks from time to time, such as poor dorm maintenance and lack of collaboration from some professors, the school overall does a good job at working with students to make sure their schedules and classes are the best fit for them.