Rogue Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rogue Community College

Anja

Rogue Community College is a fantastic school. The students are friendly, and the professors are amazing and always there for you if you need help. Though the campus is small, it's got a very friendly, homey feel to it that makes you feel nice and comfortable. There's plenty of places for people to hang out too. The library, student lounge, cafeteria, computer hall, and even some benches outside if the weather is nice. There's also a fairly wide variety of classes, and most even have a few times available which makes it nice for anyone who works or has a less-flexible schedule. Overall, it's great!

Overall this college is a good place to start that helps you save a lot of money in the long run. It has many opportunities to help you financially and will even help get your career started. The teachers and counselors want you to succeed and are very friendly.

Leah

Teachers are great. Lacking in amount of classes offered in some programs

Sunrise

Good, but could use more updates in terms of facilities. Of course, this isn't always the fault of the college, because there isn't a lot of grant money or federal money coming through. But the instructors are top notch and really care about the students and about their education.

amy

I don't really like Rogue community College, because it doesn't give me the college feel. It feels exactly like high school did, which I don't like. I don't like the professors I've had, either. They're not really easy to talk to or open to giving help to their students when asked.

Rowan

Rogue Community College has multiple campuses, including a small campus tucked into the trees of Grants Pass, shiny urban buildings in downtown Medford, and high-tech training facilities for professional/technical careers in White City. While each campus is relatively small, together they offer powerful academic opportunities to students who don't mind a little bit of a commute. As a student, I have felt extremely supported and encouraged by my teachers. With flexible office hours and accessibility by phone/email, I've never felt far from an answer. My adviser has been completely inspiring, honest even when the answer isn't so friendly, and patient with even the silliest question. Most of all, though, I am more encouraged by my peers. Students are very diverse in age, interests, and backgrounds, but we all share one thing in common - self betterment. Every time I talk to someone I feel more like I can do anything, be anything, and that I have people around me who are facing the same challenges. Though RCC is a small college, the level of community and support is unfathomable. I feel very lucky to have attended part of my education at this institution.

Grayce

I love it!! I have been attend RCC since I was a sophomore in high school. The instructors are great and I have made many friends (study buddies). RCC has prepared me for the next step... OSU!

Kimberly

The credits are dirt cheap and the entire staff understands the desperate poverty of the area. They give a good education for the money. I think they are a non-profit or low-profit school. There are so many non-traditional students, I feel totally normal as a 29-year-old!

Craig

I recently turned forty and am attending my first term of college at RCC. The staff from my academic adviser to my professors each have been helpful, caring, encouraging and have allowed me to grow as a student. I'm very happy at Rogue Community College and would encourage anyone thinking about Community College to check out this fine small institution.

Kjersten

I feel that the campus is okay . I feel that there are many things that can be changed but I feel that most of the staff are friendly and will go out of their way to help. I feel that people keep to themselves so much and I feel like I don't fit in because of how small and Snobbish the person are. I feel that it happens everywhere but I feel that there is something that can be done about it.

Laina

Good teachers who are really available, not a lot of extra on campus activities.

Kjersten

Good School for what it's worth! I'm planning on transferring out of state to a School for my church though. I've had great teachers and I've also had teacher's that didn't work out so well. I wish they had more clubs and sports to join! Also they used to have a School newspaper but they don't have it any longer. Which really is a bummer for me because I would have loved to write for the School Newspaper like I did in highschool.

kylie

Rogue Community college offers amazing academic programs both on campus and online. I take the majority of online classes due to my full time work schedule but I can always find my Professors readily available when needed. I've also found an amazing community of other online students to work with.

Chelsea

I feel right at home as soon as I walk through the doors. Professors seem to always make time to help a student out and I really enjoy some of their teaching styles. If you don't feel confident walking through the doors you will walking out. It's not a huge school and I love that fact about it. Rogue feels like a tight nit group of people all reaching towards the same goals.

Audrey

RCC is a great college experience. Every instructor I've ever worked with have been extremely helpful. Classes offered are valuable and the cost per credit is very low for good quality education. The campus is downtown, with plenty of parking and restaurants/ places to study off-campus.

I have had an incredible experience so far at Rogue Community College. Every class I have taken has enriched my life and pushed me closer to my ultimate goals. I have been deeply inspired by my professors and fellow students and greatly look forward to my future classes.

Savannah

My overall opinion of rogue community college would be this. It's a bunch of small campuses located throughout the rogue valley. Class sizes are enviable considering that they are small. The campuses are safe and clean and the staff/teachers are friendly and always willing to help you out. The campus monitors are friendly and will even walk you to your car if you feel unsafe for any given reason. The campuses also accommodate mothering students with a mothering room that is baby friendly.

litzy

it is a very good college and in a very good place. my goal is graduate from Rogue Community College and transfer to an univeristy and counselors told me what can I do for a good academic year. in RCC there are very good resources to support us with financial aid if yo need it.

Reyna

Rogue is one of the friendliest campuses I have been to. The students are very kind and helpful and the faculty offer a nice support system. The classes are a decent size but still small enough that you can easily develop relationships with students and teachers.

Erin

Rogue Community College has many opportunities for a community college and really sets the tone of small town with the potential to do anything. There are three campus's throughout the rogue valley, as well as the option of online course, which really helps for many of those who are in a rural area to still attain and stay on track to graduate on time. Overall Rogue Community College is a solid foundation for those seeking a higher education.

Kara

I feel it is a good school to get started at. The class room size is small, which gives more of the instructors attention on us. The environment is perfect and everyone is so nice. I do feel that the financial help offered by the school could be better, the tuition per term can become pretty expensive and they do not offer much of a financial aid help unless you're extremely low income.

Liam

For the cost and size of the college, it is a very respectful institution. It closely works with universities in the state of Oregon, so transferring is usually an easy thing to do. The Comp Sci program is small, with primarily one teacher covering more 'advanced' CS classes. Has a nice little coffee shop in the higher ed building, which is a plus!

Anthony

I think that Rogue Community College is a great place to learn as long as you want to learn. The lecture instructors are well educated and very accessible. The classes are designed to pass as long as you do the work. They are challenging and entertaining. When it comes to the science department Lab teachers are a little hit or miss. If you are lucky enough to have your lecture teacher doing your lab you get a college level experience. If you were like me and had high school teachers or first timers teaching your labs you will not be impressed. The problem is with management, they don’t want to pay full time wages and benefits. The school seems to be based around things other then the student’s education, when it comes to upper management. The campus is pretty and there is a track for running and a nice gym. Plenty of parking option. The local public transit has a major bus stop on campus. There are designated smoking areas. There is a good library, with knowledgeable people to help you. There is a third-party cafeteria, with overpriced underwhelming food. Student services such as TRIO on campus, where if you join you receive basic assistance, such as tutoring, and use of a microwave. There are many liberal groups on campus as well as a student government. Its all about as deep as a community college can be in Oregon. There is security on campus, they seem to be able to use phones and unlock doors.

Hilarie

I really like the fact that I can go to college and get the education that I need to get a career in the field I have chosen. I enjoy the teachers, who are very knowledgeable. They are there to teach and help you learn. I can get help with anything that I need help with, from homework to help with resumes for jobs.

Swaran

Rogue Community College has a great atmosphere on each campus. Most teachers and faculty make you feel welcome and encourage getting involved with the college. There are plenty of clubs for people to join. I do wish the high ups would take into consideration the students opinions of a teacher and would do what is necessary to help them. I have heard a lot of bad things about some teachers who have degraded students but there didn't seem to be any action being taken into terminating that teacher.

Kalab

Amazing! Pure Pulchritude! Awesome! But I would like NAPA to come back.

Michelle

It's a pretty good school. It's not perfect, but the instructors are generally pretty good. This school is known for it's academic rigor, and our transfer students tend to fare quite well at universities. I think the college could do more with specific programs, and enhance our extracurricular, but otherwise it's decent.

Myranda

I have had a good experience with the teachers. The grading system has always been fair and I've never had trouble contacting them. Because it is a fairly small college there are plenty of friendly faces, but the area of Medford it is in is surrounded by drug users and homeless people, and and the campus is nothing great. It's what I would expect from a community college.

Joy

As a new student to Rogue I am impressed with how comfortable feeling I get from Rogue. The classes feel comfortable. The staff feels comfortable, the tutoring center feels comfortable, the nice old building feels like its a good place for learning. The campus isnt all spread out so you dont have to walk two miles to get to your classes, everything is easy to get to.

Gabrielle

Rogue Community College is a very small and family like community. The campus and facilities are very clean and beautiful. There is always Rogue Community College staff around to direct you to the appropriate building or room. The professors are are available on set week day and times, and always available through email all days of the week. The tutoring center is available to all students where you can get help with any math, reading, or writing homework you have. Not only is the tutoring center a great place to receive help but it is also a quiet place to study alone or in a group. There are many computer available to the students use as well as free printing. Overall, RCC is a great community college to get your prerequisites, certificates, and transfer degrees.

Derik

It's OK. The teaching staff are friendly and they seem invested in students' learning. RCC doesn't do much to help students get financial aid. The lack of affordable housing for students is a bit of a drag. The cost of classes is reasonable, the quality of teaching is acceptable and some teachers are particularly gifted at what they do. Overall, RCC is an acceptable place in the area for getting a transfer degree for an Oregon network university.

Grace

I never enjoyed it there, but the academics are ok. When I first showed up, I was super exited because it is a really pretty campus; but once I got used to it, the beauty faded into the background and the hateful attitude of the student body really got me down.

Ricky

I think Rogue Community College is a pretty great school! The vast majority of professors I have had are very friendly, the campus is fairly easy to navigate (and beautiful at that), and the advisors are great. They were super helpful when I was signing up for FAFSA! It's also a very central location in town. Overall, great school!