Rollins College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rollins College

CYNTHIA

A beautiful campus on a picturesque lake with Mediterranean style architecture. A great place to get educated! If you like swimming or just being outdoors, you can’t beat the weather of Central Florida. You’ll be glad you came and you’ll be envied.

Rollins College is a very good school, the class sizes are definitely the best part about it because we get personal time with the professors instead of in a large lecture hall where they do not even know our name. The campus is beautiful and the people are extremely nice, theres no way to not make friends.

Justin

I am glad I have decided to continue my education at Rollins College as a part of the Crummer School of Business. The overall campus is beautiful, not too large and not too small. The class sizes are not large, letting faculty have the ability to get personable and get to know all their students to the depth. As a minority, I do feel safe and included on campus. The school gives me a sense of drive and purpose, I feel I belong. The decision to attend Rollins College is one I do not regret.

Kendall

Two important reasons that motivated me to attend Rollins College included the beautiful and historic campus, and the small class size. Rollins celebrates diversity, including those of different gender, sexuality, race, culture, and religion. I enjoy the plethora of activities that occur throughout the week, and most of them involve either the arts or politics. The location and size of the campus was very attractive as well, because almost everything one could need is within walking distance from your dorm room.

Rosalita

Rollins College was my dream since my sophomore year in high school, however, I never really looked further than what they put on paper. I was drawn into the beautiful architecture, landscape, and the thrilling attractions that surrounded the area. I recognize that to many people, Rollins is the perfect place, but to me it is less. I find that I don't fit in, I don't have as many opportunities as I had believed, and I was not welcomed with the open arms I had anticipated. I found myself stuck. I watched as my health declined, my grades dropped, and my anxiety increased. I was unable to immerse myself in the hobbies I had loved and done throughout high school, and because of that I found a lack of motivation. I am not saying that Rollins is the worst college out there, or that it is less than deserving of the numerous awards it has won. I am simply advising that everyone look at the bigger picture before you commit yourself to anything.

Naairah

I cam to Rollins with big hopes and dreams about my college career and in all honesty I feel let down. I've had some good experiences here but I also have never wanted to leave somewhere so badly. Though the school is working on increasing diversity from many aspects it still sucks to constantly feel like you're not good enough due to you sexuality, gender identity, social class, ethnicity, and interests. If I could transfer with no problems I would but sadly the system for credits makes it almost impossible to do so.

Jacob

Very nice and calm. A small college to get around. There are lots of nice people. The things to buy at the college may be pricey at times. I really like the quiteness on campus, and that if someone wanted to do something, they can take it outside the campus. Almost anyone can fit in.

April

Great! It is everything I wanted in a school. The staff and faculty are helpful and friendly. Their goal is to help me finish. The professors know me by name, not a number. I feel as if I am a part of a family, not just one of many. I can't believe I waited so long to apply

Alexandria

The campus itself has a wonderful feel to it. Some of the people here aren't the best fit for the school, but as time goes on they cycling in and out, depending on their major. Very small, small enough to get to know most people, but not too small that you'll make it through everyone and not be able to choose your friends. Lots of hands on time with the professors, and helpful advisers if you pick your right fit. Eventually, you need to explore a little bit to avoid getting bored, but Orlando is close by and there are a variety of things to do if you look around.

Britnie

Rollins College is a beautiful campus with very involved students. The professors that I have had so far have all been easy to reach out to and always have been there to give their two cents when I needed advice. The campus food is great because there are many options on what to eat and everyday is something different. The small school creates an atmosphere of being connected and being able to see fellow classmates and friends at any corner.

Itunnu

Is a great college if you want to have professors that know your name. The fraternities and sororities and sports teams are a bug groups on campus. There are a lot of opportunities to take advantage of, however everyone knows everyone so that's the down side I guess.

Emma

I love being a student at Rollins. The class sizes are perfect for someone who learns best in a hands-on environment and learns best one on one. The professors help gear office hours towards the students individual needs and are very knowledgeable in their field.

Rory

Rollins College is a small private liberal arts school and there isn't much else to add to that. Students from all different backgrounds attend the college, seeking a tight-knit group of peers that they can remain friends with for life. Not only does a small student population improve your relations with peers, it also improves the relationship with professors who are able to spend one-on-one study time with individual students, getting to know them personally in the meantime.

Nikki

Rollins is a beautiful campus. Being in Florida and on Lake Virginia makes attending school much easier. Park Ave is just a short walk away from campus. There are many activities to partake in and keep busy around the school. Being close to downtown Orlando and Disney is fun too. I love my small classes and my professors are all awesome. They care for the students and want each student to learn and grow as an adult.

Candace

At Rollins you are guaranteed an excellent education. The professors are some of the best teachers I have had in my life. They care so much about their students and you treated like more than another number. You have the chance to build a relationship with them and use them to your advantage when it comes to passing your classes. The campus life is unlike any other college. The campus small, but the people have big hearts and big personalities, they want to get to know you and spend time with you outside the classroom. Rollins also offers many clubs and organizations that adhere to the interests of so many and you can join more than one! Being in the Orlando area makes the nightlife a world of its own that is fun to experience and your right by Disney and Universal! I would happily say to anyone who is interested in small class sizes, a great education, and a chance to make new friends and memories to check Rollins College out.

My overall opinion of Rollins College is that it is an amazing, beautiful campus. The education is top notch with small classes. You definitely feel acknowledged when attending Rollins College. The professors are extremely helpful and always available. There are always activities for the students to get to know each other and get involved. Rollins College is very inclusive to everyone. Rollins College students are also always out in the community helping out. The opportunity to attend Rollins College has been one of the best experiences and one that I am truly grateful for.

Renee

So far, my experience at Rollins has been a disappointment. The school is in desperate need of updating to make the campus more accessible for students with disabilities. While it is an old school, there is no excuse for why buildings that house important student offices should be inaccessible. Even the Accessibility Office is not completely accessible which says a lot about the remainder of the campus.

Alesha

This is my first year at Rollins College, and I am loving it. There are countless resources that are available here to use, for anything that you need, whether it be for medical needs or academic needs; Rollins has it all. The professors are extremely helpful also, always having office hours, with additional appointment times that the students can schedule if they can't make it to the office hours. I feel that it really helps to have small class sizes so you actually establish a relationship with your professor rather than, sitting with 150+ students and the professor doesn't even know your name.

Annie

I really love Rollins, but then sometimes I really hate it too. There's no way to describe it other than home. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. There's things that bug me, but I think you'll run into that at any college. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives. You just need to know what you want and be capable of pursuing it yourself.

Jena

Rollins College is an amazing college, its beautiful, small and close nit, opportunity filled, and safe. The only problem is that there aren't many options for majors and minors for the price of the college. If you are from a well off family then you will do well here, however, if you are middle or lower class then you should probably consider another school. There is not much diversity at Rollins College, most of the students are rich and white with a large female population. If you are not in a sorority then you are basically an outcast unless you wear name brand clothes every day. However, the schools learning environment is great for those who have a hard time focusing and might need extra help from professors. From my experience many of the professors are helpful and readily available. Class sizes are very small (the average class size is 17 students) so its easy for a professor to see if a student needs help in a certain area. Other than the price of attendance, the only other major issue I have experienced was

Tasha

Rollins is a beautiful campus located in a wonderful city. The school has many sports, clubs, and smart people who want to engage in all levels all the time. There is a party scene and a Greek life on campus, but you never feel pressured to be a part of either.

Overall, Rollins College is a nice college to attend. The campus is beautiful and has a ‘home’ feeling to it. The majority of professors are friendly and understanding if a situation comes up and work can’t be done on time (no penalty to the student). The assigned workload is on the lighter side (for both the day and night school). The only killer, as far as workload, is when it gets closer to exam week and then Fox Days sneaks up on everyone because people think it will be Fox Day so they skip class. I’ve never had a problem at the college and have enjoyed my time there, however, I will warn that Fraternity and Sorority Life is a large part of Rollins College life and it can easily become a toxic relationship. I was in a local sorority (NCM) and enjoyed my first semester with them, no problems at all. During my second semester, the sorority’s finance manager failed to do her job in keeping up with the monthly fining and accounting. I was never sent my fines for the month or even told I would be fined until I received an email in late November asking me to pay over one hundred dollars in fines alone when I has just paid almost four hundred dollars in sorority dues. I brought it to the council and was told “everyone has to pay fines. This is a lesson learned. Pay or we’ll send you to collection.” Our sorority doesn’t have collection set up. So long story short I went to the Panhellenic Board & the Alumna Board with my complaint, won, and didn’t have to pay a dime. So be warned girls planning on joining, sometimes sorority life looks glamorous like in the movies at first but really it’s a Ponzi scheme.

Ellie

it's a pretty campus. the school overall is ok but the music department is sorely lacking. the music department needs more of everything. it needs more good teacers for strings, vocal other instruments and a experienced chairman who knows about instruments and conducting. it needs a vision for the future. it needs professional conductors for the rollins orchestra and string orchestra. needs more and larger classrooms and a much larger performance venue.

lauren

Out of every college I have visited, Rollins college has something special. They care about their students, and are very close to every individual. Not to mention their theatre program is stellar!!! This past weekend I participated in the Priscilla Scholarship weekend and I have never felt more welcome in a college theater community. For incoming college freshman, I fully suggest visiting the theater department and Rollins campus!

Amy

The campus is beautiful and happy; there are always people (and dogs!) hanging out. The professors are absolutely incredible and really care about their students. It has a bit of a reputation as a party school, but that's only if you're looking for it. Academic opportunities are top-notch and the environment really fosters learning.

Paola

I think it's a great school for people who loved to be involved, as well as getting close to they're faculty and staff. I love that when I go places, they already know who I am, what I am about, and my passion for the college education. I go in the evening time since it is more affordable and the classes are very small. I love the fact that I can open up to my professors about anything without being judged. I recommend this school highly.

Gabby

I love Rollins. It's a small college where you're bound to see people around that you know. Class sizes are smaller, allowing you to get on a personal level with your professors. There are plenty of opportunities around every corner for help and tutoring if you're struggling with a class and staff and faculty are extremely friendly and helpful.

Allison

After transferring from a community college, Rollins was a dream, beautiful facilities, with teachers who care, my class sizes have never been over 20 and I've been able to join multiple organizations on campus including sororities and political groups. Rollins has a very open minded culture and is located in the beautiful city of Winter Park.