Chicago, IL
Roosevelt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roosevelt University

I love Roosevelt University especially because of their commitment to social justice. I also appreciate the significant diversity at Roosevelt. The downtown (South Loop) Chicago location is amazing, and they keep their housing pretty reasonably-priced considering how comfortable it is. All the classrooms have amazing views. The small class sizes are wonderful. Their extra-cirriculars could probably be more prevalent, but part of that is because the school is on the smaller side. I am currently an online student, and it is my personal opinion that my classes could be more challenging. However, I think the professors do a good job of catering to students of many backgrounds. All things considered, though, I love Roosevelt University. It has a special place in my heart.

Alison

Roosevelt is a great school that makes the students feel welcome. It seems to be a predominantly commuter school, which takes away a little from the "community" feel, but the staff definitely still make students feel cared about. It is rather small, but it's set in the middle of downtown, so I think it's the perfect size.

Yohann

My overall opinion on Roosevelt University is certainly positive. I am currently taking my second semester here at Roosevelt University. So far my experience has been positive. Roosevelt University provides a welcoming and encouraging environment for its students regardless of their personal background. I am an international student in my junior year majoring in international studies, and the transition has been really easy for me. The staff here at Roosevelt University has been really helpful, understanding and respectful with me whenever I needed help. For instance, I'm the type of student who likes to take the time to discuss with my professor regarding matters related to the course or just a casual discussion. I have to say that all professors I had or have so far, have been really flexible with their time and kind enough to allow that to happen. In fact, all of them always during their several office hours, have been kind enough to spend some time with discussing school stuff but also various general subjects that came in the conversation. For that reason alone I think that Roosevelt University is truly a place where that is worth considering applying to pursue its education. The effort the members of Roosevelt University staff put in their work contribute both tremendously and positively in the student experience; As result students here cannot help but to give their best and use all the help available to achieve their goals confidently. In short, Roosevelt University is the best choice I could ever make for my future.

Mindy

The school is small but has a great feel to it. Its in the city so you also get to experience what is around and learn to explore. The class sizes are small which is beneficial to both the students and staff. The Wabash buliding is relatively new which is great. The views from the dorms are amazing. Current students and staff are very helpful and welcoming.

Corina

I like the unique and open-mindedness of the students and faculty here at Roosevelt. The dedication to social justice is what brought me to this school and they do a pretty good job at committing to it. I've made many great friends while living in the Wabash building and the view is to die for! However, this school is really expensive.

Ralonda

I am an incoming transfer from community college. It's definitely a different environment from what I've experienced before. Larger campus. More resources and opportunities. I'm excited to grasp all the information I can from this institution as this is my second chance at higher learning.

Jana

It's a generally great university. The professors and staff are all very friendly and there to help if the student needs it. The only down side is the price, even with financial aid and any grants/scholarships, you might need to take out loans. But it is worth it for the experience of a community.

It's a great school with great options for anyone not interested din the sciences. It's a school with a social justice mission, so there is that sense of humanity in it.

The students are socially aware of the things going on on campus, in the city, and the country. Tej professors suppose the students activism and activities when it concerns social justice movements.

You don't *have to* gain those freshmen 15. You don't have to go out for lunch *every day*. And you don't have to get a job, unless you want to. But if you are going to get a job, do it those first two years before everything gets hectic.

kimberly

I would first tell myself to do my homework before choosing my college. I wasn’t fully prepared for college. My plan wasn’t to go, so once I decided, I felt rushed, and behind. Next, I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships now, because financial aid is not enough. Working and going to school full time is hard. Finally, I would tell myself to just relax, and enjoy the experience. There’s no hurry, you don’t have to cram as many classes as you can in, in one semester. Go at your own pace, not the pace you think you’re supposed to be at, or where everyone else is.

The best thing about Roosevelt for me, was the small classes. I knew all my teachers, and my classmates, which made me more involved. The teachers there really seemed to take personal interest in each of us.

The worst thing would have to be the price. Roosevelt is a private university so it's a little higher than a state, or city college. I had to work and go to school to be able to pay my tuition.

Roosevelt University is best known for its green campus and it's Social Justice mission. The story on how roosevelt became to be was that there was a professor at the YMCA college in chicago and the administration was limiting the people who were accepted into they college by race. And there was a professor there that felt it was wrong to accept based on that so he took much of the staff and students with him to another location and started a university that was accepting people on qualifications rather than race. It's known for Social Justice.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my younger self that college has its ups and its downs. But if there were no struggles then you wouldn't learn as much. College is not only about furthering your academic knowledge , but also you life knowledge. You learn so much more about yourself and how the world works than you ever could have in high school. I would tell myself not to worry as much because college is a transition that is necessary and there are so many people around that are just there to help if you need it. I would tell myself that college is important so don't take it lightly, but also don't go overboard and let it take over your life because you only care about your GPA. Focus on yourself too. Have free time to read, hang with freinds, and SLEEP! You'll do fine. Best of Luck

The kind of person that should attend this school would be a passionate one. This school strongly and proudly stand by their Social Justice Mission and has worked for many years toward a more diverse and inclusive campus and community. Roosevelt university has come such a long way in the realm of social justices that it just keeps growing into something even bigger each year, and that is a perfect environment for someone that has passion and determination.

Chirag

Experience as much as you can!! Don't be afraid to be yourself and do what you want. This is the time to find out who you really are. Meet as many people as you can and truly immerse yourself in the college world. While you have as much fun as possible, remember to work just as hard. It will help you once you graduate for sure.

Just all the different clubs, groups and opportunities offered. Feel like there was still so much more to discover and experience.

Roosevelt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.