Chicago, IL
Roosevelt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roosevelt University

My classmates are around my age, vary in race and gender are plesant to be around.

Throughout my college exprience, I have learned that an education is expensive but at the same time, very priceless. College teaches you how to interact with all kinds of people from many different walks of life. In today's society, this is extremly important, as most jobs require you to work with many different departments full of many different people and personalities. One of the keys to being successful, in my opinion, is being able to deal with all kinds of people. In the beginning of my college career, I took for granted the opportunity to just go to school and learn, as I did more socializing and partying than anything. Now that I am a single mother who works fulltime and goes to school fulltime in the evenings, I appriciate the opportunity even more. Having a degree makes all the difference in the world between you and the next applicant and your income. I have learned many valuable skills that have allowed me to excel above the rest of my friends and family that have not gone to college and I am thankful for that. I hope to inspire those around me to go the same and attend college.

Someone who isn't serious about their education. This school is costly and very student oriented, with a lot of focus on ensuring that we succeed.

Arshia

I would tell myself that peer pressure does not matter and what matters more is how well I do academically. I would tell myself to ask more questions because there is no such thing as a wrong question. I would also advice myself that a good gpa is not everything because what matters more is whether or not you graduate because when you have a college degree you have a much better chance of getting a highly paid job. When I was in college, I worked full-time and took evening classes. It was not easy, yet I managed to maintain an excellent gpa as well as an excellent reputation at work. I always had a positive attitude and kept moving on which is got me so far. I have my mother and sister to thank, because they are excellent role models. We immigrated to this country in 1996, all we had was 6 suitcases, but now my sister has an accounting degree from UIC, I have two associate degrees from Harper and taken many classes at UIC and Roosevelt University. My mother, sister and I did odd jobs to make ends meet and lived from paycheck to paycheck.

Nothing really, except that tuition is quite high. I wish that since my gpa is so high I could qualify for a scholarship, also because I do not have many credit hours left to graduate (just over a year). I am struggling financially to pay for college, but do not want to leave it incomplete because I am an honors student and have worked so hard to get where I am.

I tell them it has small class size and every student receives almost individual attention from the professors. It is close to home and work and has a very good reputation in the community. There are a lot of majors to choose from, excellent learning resources, it has a friendly atmosphere very conducive to learning.

Daniel

The Theatre Conservatory at the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University provides a creative environment in which young actors are taught by some of the most knowledgeable staff in the country and are encouraged to spread their wings and take flight on their creative journey as citizen-artists that will span their lifetime.

Many of the staff at the Theatre Conservatory either have worked or are currently working in the theatre business. Their first-hand knowledge about issues and ideas related to being an actor is invaluable, and they are by far one of the best faculties in the United States.

When you get to college, don't just sit in your room all the time. I know it's a scary experience, but go out there and start getting to know your classmates! I'm not in any way saying to become best friends with everyone you meet, and you don't even have to like all of them, but AT LEAST GET TO KNOW THEM, and respect them for the work that they are doing. If you spend all of your time in the dorm room pining for your high school friends or wishing you knew more people or that your family was closer, then you're going to miss out on the opportunity to make new lasting friendships that you'll carry with you throughout your life.

Diana

The advice I would give myself is I would go into college as soon as I graduate high school. I would tell myself that I should care more about myself and my studies. I would get the best possible grades and participate in as much activities as possible. I would tell myself not to quit when things get to tough because the outcome would be great for my future.

My school is well diverse in culture. My school is open minded on different cultures and transgender.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would scream to myself that Education is the key. It took me almost five years after my high school career ended to know that not only did I want to return to school, but that I wanted to return to school to become a teacher. I truly believe that Education is the one tool that can make a difference in someones life. It is the one thing that can fulfill ones life. With out an Education life is so limited. Having an Education is something that no one can ever take away from you and it is something that is never ending. If I were to go back I would enforce this mentality into my Eighteen year old mind. Pointing out that all the classes I once deemed as silly and unnecessary are indeed very necessary. My hope is to be not only a life long Educator but a life long learner.

I wish that I had known more about the Hybrid courses offered. I just became aware of them being half internet based class and one day a week in the classroom. I think they are they best of both worlds. You get guidence from a professor once a week in the classroom and can do the rest of the work in your own time according to your own schedule. If I had known more about them the first semester I would of defently taken more Hybrid courses.

I tell them that the classes are small and the Professors are willing to and ready to help. As an older than average College student I enjoy going to a school that has a diverse student body as far as age and ethnicity goes. I also like that the tuition is reasonable while the quality of education is exceptional.

Nancy

I would tell myself to seek as much help as possible or available. Being the first person in my family to attend college, I faced many difficulties because no one in my household knew about the process of applying to colleges or for financial aid. I would tell myself not to be ashamed or embarassed to seek help. Staying quiet and trying to do everything by myself was a very stressful period for me. Don't let pride get in the way. Lots of people need help and that is why there are resources available. Trying to do everything yourself can lead to mistakes, whether small or large, they affect and prolong the process and increase stress. Ask teachers, friends, go on the internet and look for help. Applying to colleges and for financial aid is stressful enough and trying to do everything by yourself only makes the experience worse. When you seek help, the experience becomes less stressful and you even begin to enjoy it because it doesn't fell like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. As with any other major decision in life, we need to seek help, resources and advice.

The financial aid office can be slow in getting information out and sometimes their help isn't enough or they don't explain everything fully or clearly.

The community of people at Roosevelt. Students, teacher and staff really do care about the students. People are friendly and overall helpful.

Patrice

Roosevelt Univeristy is a richly diverse and caring school.

Roosevelt Univeristy is a richly diverse and caring school.

There are many things i would do diferently in my senior year of high school. One of the main things i would do differently as a senior in high school would be to take scholarship opportunities more serious. I found later that i needed scholarships and i didnt put enough energy into learning about different grants and scholarships that were available to me. Another thing i would do differently as a senior in high school is not put all my eggs in one basket. I regret not exploring other schools. By putting all my hopes on one school i closed off alot of great opportunities.

Roosevelt University is made for students who are financially secure. Roosevelt is a great school for students who are use to a smaller school setting. Roosevelt is for students who are loooking to get involved in their community. This school is also for students who are socially aware and crave diversity.

Dianna

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who is serious about there future, even if it seems unclear currently, someone who wants to be more than average and do more than average things in class; in life.

The classes and professors that I have come into contact with are professional and challenging. If I am paying a lot of money to attend a school I want it to be worth while and so far it hase proven to be.

Evan

They tightes bunch of motly crewed misfits and I adore them!

They tightes bunch of motly crewed misfits and I adore them!

There comes a time in someones life when you have to start caring about something. That time is not far off the horizon, in fact the time may be nearer than you'd hoped. I know that you have the passion and the desire necessary to succeed but you need to invest in the discipline and the effort that you would so obviously ignore. Know who you are in this world and keep steadfast to that knowledge and you won't falter too easily!

A person who is worried about their life. Someone who is afraid and unwilling to attempt to do smething smart, daring, bold!

Xiomara

I would advise myself of the following. First of all, study as much as possible. There will be times when you want to go out to bars or to party, but you need to find a balance between academics and a social life. It is important in college that you make friends and most of those friends will be there for a long time, but you need to able to tell them when you can hang out with them and when you cannot. It is okay to find out new experiences with friends, but it is also equally important to find out new experiences by yourself. It might feel weird, but you might find people that like the same thing as you. When you begin to live on your own, you may want to not stay in contact with the family, but you should. Your family, especially your parents, are going to be there for you no matter what.

I consider the best about Roosevelt University is that the classes are small and each student is able to form a relationship with the professors. Many students prefer to know about their professors and be able to go to the professor when an issue arises. With one-to-one help, the students are most likely to form relationships with the professors.

The one thing that I wished I had known about Roosevelt University was that it was a private institute. I was not aware but I decided to come to a school where the granddaughter of the famous Roosevelt presidents is part of the board.

Roosevelt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.