Chicago, IL
Roosevelt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Roosevelt University

Taryn

If i could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir i would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible because I'm know now that college is extremely expensive and i wish that i could applied for many more. The free money that is out there could of really helped me pay for college and it still can. I would also tell myself to earn a higher GPA because that also would of helped me earn more scholarships.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Roosevelt is the kind of person that's lazy, doesn't have much work ethic, who is not used to a stringent curriculum, and someone that doesn't have the best grades unfortunately.

What i brag about most about my school is the campus life, the nice students, and the great programs that are offered for the major you chse.oos

I would tell my high school self to actually do in depth research on the schools you are interested in. You need to be realistic on the location of the school. Find at least one local school that you would think about attending. Are you really willing to move out of state? Can you afford this school? Finding the right school has a lot to do with who you are and your own personal interests. Look past everyone telling you where they want you to go and choose the perfect school for yourself. Those people are not the ones who are going to the college for you. Find a school that can help you grow not only in smarts but also as a person. It might help to talk to a current student of the school you considering. You will find the right school for you and when you do you will be fine. Make sure you meet all deadlines and plan for life ahead of you as a college student.

Carol

Roosevelt is a positive place to grow as a student and as a person; you are constantly encouraged and supported by advisors and professors.

Make sure to focus on your studies and choose a college that is right for you! Don't go to a college you think will be alright because you have friends there.

Some of the classes I have taken and the Professors.

Bryan

My School is Downtown Chicago in the heart of the city. It is different because it was savored for 2 cents back in the day now it is used for an education center. It is also a beautiful historical landmark. It has the 2nd best concert hall in the world. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the emphasis on deep thinking. It enlightens the human spirit.

I would tell myself to do better in highschool because I was average. I would also tell myself not to make montains out of mole hills and find positive ways to de-stress myself.

A person who is openminded. Roosevelt is a great school for liberal arts, as well business. Someone can be the person they want to be at full potential.

Joann

Assuming that I could travel back into time and talk to my former self as a high school senior, I would tell myself to never loose hope on attaining your life long goals. As a young adult we are faced with many problems and no clear cut answers. The ability to know what life has instore for you is an impossible one. To truly know what you an individual will do later in life depends on the decisons that are made early on. This can only be accomplished by seeking good sound advise from a solid mentor who can guide you through life mysteries. I am currently forty years old and have decided to return to school to enhance my life skills by bettering my education. I am currently a single mother of four wonderful children who will soon embark on their own college life. I feel that in order to be the mentor that my children deserve, I must first endulge in the neccessity of continued education. By my actions, I hope to encourage and teach by example. I have found that children will learn best by example and will copy the actions of those that they consider mentors.

Sylvia

Roosevelt University is an urban, independent university committed to student success, academic quality, and social justice.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, it would change my life's path. My senior year would be full of great anticipation of going away to college to pursue my Bachelors Degree, Masters and whatever else my hearts desire would be. My focus, I'm sure, would be to pursue my passion in Human Resources and Legal. I would definitely work on finding the school that would help facilitate and direct me with the success of my goals. I would tell myself to pursue my education directly after graduation. I would gather the information and utilize all the resources I would need to make that happen. I would continue my education to the fullest until I reached my goal. Pursuing the heights of my education after graduation from Chicago Vocational High School would have been my main focus. It was my decision to further my career within the banking industry and not pursue a consistent path focusing on my continual educational goals. Graduating from DePaul University with a BA in HR at the age of 43, would have only been the dream of someone else.

The type of person who should attend this school is anyone with a desire to learn and progress within their mind and educational goals.

Gwen

I would recommend to myself that I take a break between high school and college. Going immediately to school the first time was a mistake because I was close to educational burn out. Going back to school as an adult - and being able to attend school online through Kaplan University - has made all the difference to me. I am eager to learn and enjoying the entire experience now. And in two terms, I will have my bachelor's degree!

Michelle

If I could go back when I was a senior in high school in 2004 there is a lot I would tell myself about college life and making the transition. I would tell myself to get involved with different school activities it whatever I have time to do. To find different types of organizations or clubs to join that would catch my interest. That trying your hardest is one of the most important things to do in your college life and how important my first semester is. To find a career that you can not wait to get started in. The most important thing I would tell myself is that, you only live once and that participation and academics will structure your life from now until forever.

It is really expensive and living in the city (student apartments) is also extremely expensive. A lot of people commute so it is hard to make friends and be part of a group at school. I wish we had sport teams. But I think they are trying to start that up.

Christopher

The large majority of the student population are liberal artists and there are a lot of older returning students.

Take college seriously from the onset. My biggest regret is fooling around when I was young and fresh out of high school. I am now 26 years old and still have another year to go before I earn my bachelor's degree. Most of my friends finished high school in four or five years and now have careers with well paying salaries. I, on the other hand, am still working every weekend when they have off. I am also now in the situation where my parents are done paying for me to go to college, so I am forced to take out loans. There will be plenty of time to have fun after you earn your degree. The best advice I can possibly give is this: Work hard now, so you don't have to later.

The class sizes are very small which I personally love. The professors are very friendly and knowledgable for the most part. I wasn't sure about going to this school at first, but I love it now. The student services, advising and financial aid offices aren't always helpful. My big gripe is that the classes I needed to graduate weren't offered every semester & now I have to graduate late. Overall though, if you want a small school with friendly people in an urban environment, this is a great school.

Nice, but some are rude.

Nice, but some are rude.

Save every penny you have, and don't spend it all on going out to eat, movies, shopping, gas. Stay in more, but study like crazy. Pick the best school for the money and living situation. Prepare to graduate in 3 years.

This school is very diverse. Everyone here is completely different. Many different ethnicities, backgrounds. etc. Everyone has their own little world and level of inteligence.

Roosevelt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.