Roosevelt University

« See more reviews of Roosevelt University

I have developed an appreciation for knowledge. Education is very important. I grew up with very little motivation to learn. Neither of my parents went to college, and my father didn't go to any type of school. I want to make my family proud. I have four siblings and I want to give them a role model. I talk to them about what they want to do. I try to keep them focused on school. I stopped going to school for a while. I couldn't get a decent job, so I decided to go back. I learned that life can be tough. I know that getting an education is very rewarding, both emotionally and financially.

I would tell the students to really look into the school they want to attend. See what kind of classes are offered. Also look into the social life of the school. Im not talking about partying, but more into the events that are planned and clubs. And realy find out if other students actually attend those. Make sure if you want a small college or a large college that you know you will be happy with that. But also know that it is ok to transfer if you find out that the college you chose is not right for you. Don't get your hopes up, you will find the right place to further your education.

I would first tell myself to do my homework before choosing my college. I wasn’t fully prepared for college. My plan wasn’t to go, so once I decided, I felt rushed, and behind. Next, I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships now, because financial aid is not enough. Working and going to school full time is hard. Finally, I would tell myself to just relax, and enjoy the experience. There’s no hurry, you don’t have to cram as many classes as you can in, in one semester. Go at your own pace, not the pace you think you’re supposed to be at, or where everyone else is.

There are many things i would do diferently in my senior year of high school. One of the main things i would do differently as a senior in high school would be to take scholarship opportunities more serious. I found later that i needed scholarships and i didnt put enough energy into learning about different grants and scholarships that were available to me. Another thing i would do differently as a senior in high school is not put all my eggs in one basket. I regret not exploring other schools. By putting all my hopes on one school i closed off alot of great opportunities.

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that you will always continue to learn everyday of your life and each day is a new lesson learned. I love what I have to learn and what is to come my way in life and college has open my eyes to the greater things in life, that I don't think I would have gotten if I wouldn't have gone to school and just started working right out of high school. College is a experience of a life time I wouldn't trade it for anything I have meet people who I will be friends with for a long time, and maybe one day even be coworkers with.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath and go slowly. Nothing worth having in life comes easy, so plan on hard work and time management skills. Many valuable hours can be wasted worrying about what needs to be done instead of just getting it done. Do not spend so much time worrying about what happens at the end of the four years spent in college. Take time to enjoy the activities and the relationships that are going to be formed throughout those years, but make time for yourself and for the things that are priorities...studies, family, spirituality, friends, health.

Right after graduation, I thought I was in love with this boy. I got kicked out of the house because of it and started skipping classes depending on how our relationship was doing at the time. I would love to be able to go back and tell myself that no boy nor any person is worth messing up and potentially ruining your education and future. If I would have listened to reasona nd my parents my grades would not have suffered and I would have been able to stay home, maintain a stable life and save 1,000's of dollars that are now gone for good over a nobody.

Please don't think you know everything in life right now. Going away to college is not necessarily the best thing to do for a young student and your only doing it because you want to get away. It's better to take time and figure out what you want to do with your life before just jumping into college. Sit down and relax don't think about your parents, think about where you want to be in the next five years. Take the time to research a school, you need to go to a small school that will give you attention and where you can perform your optimum.

If I know then what i know now, I woud have not tried so hard to impress people. I don't have any friends at school. It seemedlike the harder I tried to be "freindly" the more people didnot like me. I should have just been myself. I am a very qiuet person. trying to be talktaive and out going made me be annoying to be around. I'm glade it's a new year. I can start over and just be myself. I have learned to deal with being alone. I'm not in school to have freinds. I am in schoo to learn how to be a successful writer. Writing makes me happpy.

Pick the school that best goes with your personality. Don't just attend a school because it was rated as the best academic school or the best partying school. Make sure that the school can provide you with the best chance at job placement in the future. But most importantly, find a school that you feel the most at home at. The worst thing for a new freshman to face is going to a school and feeling isolated or like they don't fit in with the type of other people at the school. Just have fun with it.