Roosevelt University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Roosevelt University

Cassandra

I think the Roosevelt University is a beautiful school located in the middle of down town Chicago. I am a recent merged student from the merge of Robert Morris University with Roosevelt University. I love how beautiful the campus is, as well as the architecture of the building.

Corina

I like the unique and open-mindedness of the students and faculty here at Roosevelt. The dedication to social justice is what brought me to this school and they do a pretty good job at committing to it. I've made many great friends while living in the Wabash building and the view is to die for! However, this school is really expensive.

McKayla

Roosevelt University is a very inclusive school that encourages students to get out there. There are many opportunities to meet new people from multiple clubs to athletics there is always something to do. The staff is very friendly and the building itself feels extremely safe and homey, which is hard to come by in a big city. Overall Roosevelt is a very good option for students who want to be engaged in a smaller setting. Yet there have been issues when it comes to housing and food. The cafe is very small and has few options that are only available during certain times. Housing is very strict and hard to come by especially with the inclusion of Robert Morris students. The facilities such as financial aid, academic advising, and residence life are very prickly and at times seem incompetent. This may be why Roosevelt has such a low retention percentage. Overall the school is not bad, but some of the way they go about things can seem inhibitory rather than letting students flourish.

Maatii

I love it here! This school is a good fit for anyone looking to be in the field of social justice. I like the hands-on experiences and how helpful the professors are. The students are friendly and pretty helpful. There are tons of stores around campus and it's located in the heart of downtown Chicago which is a cool place to be.

Mindy

The school is small but has a great feel to it. Its in the city so you also get to experience what is around and learn to explore. The class sizes are small which is beneficial to both the students and staff. The Wabash buliding is relatively new which is great. The views from the dorms are amazing. Current students and staff are very helpful and welcoming.

Carolina

Overall I feel like my biggest problem with the school is mostly the price even though I have scholarships and grants buying the books is what makes me get a little anxious. Another thing that kind of bugs me is that both of my math professors haven't that good of a job one never gave me back feedback on any of the work I did and currently my Pre-Calculus teacher isn't that better because he goes to fast and I can hardly understand what he says and he hardly answers questions you ask.

Seth

Roosevelt University has been one of the best experiences of my life. Technically I am a part of the Chicago College of Performing Arts. I study musical theater and I couldn't love it more. I get to study theatre in downtown Chicago! There are so many theater opportunities and the art culture is amazing. My teachers are professionals in the business and have real-life experience in the industry. I have already learned so much. The school itself is extremely expensive so unfortunately, I may be leaving after this semester. But I'm hoping to continue on if I can make some more money.

Devene

I love Roosevelt University. The teachers are very nice and help you without question. Administration have a personal connection with most if not all of their students. The teachers make themselves available before and after class. The student are like a big family. The administration help you stay on track for graduation and get financial help for the students that need it. The campus is very safe and homey. If an issue occurs on or off campus the student government and dean make sure to handle it accordingly. They listen to both sides and don't make hasty decisions. Issues arent point blank they make sure you learn your lesson so it doesnt occur again, Overall Roosevelt is an amazing school.

Alison

Roosevelt is a great school that makes the students feel welcome. It seems to be a predominantly commuter school, which takes away a little from the "community" feel, but the staff definitely still make students feel cared about. It is rather small, but it's set in the middle of downtown, so I think it's the perfect size.

Yohann

My overall opinion on Roosevelt University is certainly positive. I am currently taking my second semester here at Roosevelt University. So far my experience has been positive. Roosevelt University provides a welcoming and encouraging environment for its students regardless of their personal background. I am an international student in my junior year majoring in international studies, and the transition has been really easy for me. The staff here at Roosevelt University has been really helpful, understanding and respectful with me whenever I needed help. For instance, I'm the type of student who likes to take the time to discuss with my professor regarding matters related to the course or just a casual discussion. I have to say that all professors I had or have so far, have been really flexible with their time and kind enough to allow that to happen. In fact, all of them always during their several office hours, have been kind enough to spend some time with discussing school stuff but also various general subjects that came in the conversation. For that reason alone I think that Roosevelt University is truly a place where that is worth considering applying to pursue its education. The effort the members of Roosevelt University staff put in their work contribute both tremendously and positively in the student experience; As result students here cannot help but to give their best and use all the help available to achieve their goals confidently. In short, Roosevelt University is the best choice I could ever make for my future.

I love Roosevelt University especially because of their commitment to social justice. I also appreciate the significant diversity at Roosevelt. The downtown (South Loop) Chicago location is amazing, and they keep their housing pretty reasonably-priced considering how comfortable it is. All the classrooms have amazing views. The small class sizes are wonderful. Their extra-cirriculars could probably be more prevalent, but part of that is because the school is on the smaller side. I am currently an online student, and it is my personal opinion that my classes could be more challenging. However, I think the professors do a good job of catering to students of many backgrounds. All things considered, though, I love Roosevelt University. It has a special place in my heart.

Ariella

Roosevelt University has a very tight community. Being a small university, it is very easy to get to know people, whether it be students, staff or professors. The staff and the professors are almost always open to having conversations and getting to know students. There are plenty of student organization there that will peak almost anyone's interest. If you can't find one, you can make one yourself. Student housing is kept up, and it is always secure. There are also lots of off campus options, considering the fact that the university is in the middle of the city. Public transportation is literally available right when you walk out the door, and the resources offered in and off campus are super helpful as well. Personally, I feel like I never left home when I go to Roosevelt . It is like an extension of my own family. If you are looking for a college that is small and inclusive, Roosevelt is definitely one of the colleges you should look into.

Noah

Roosevelt University is truly a one of a kind university due to the vibrant culture cultivated by the students and the embracive learning environment created by its faculty. Roosevelt University is located in the south loop, which is right in the heart of downtown Chicago. To accommodate the boisterous streets of the city Roosevelt University houses itself primarily in a 31 story skyscraper, the Wabash Building, which poses as an embodiment of the university’s ingenuity and progressive nature. However, I have found that Roosevelt’s campus reaches far beyond the physical confines of the Wabash Building. As a student in the Theater Conservatory at the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University, we have the abundantly rich resources of downtown Chicago at our feet. The faculty is endlessly encouraging us to get out into the city and take full advantage of everything Chicago has to offer. Rather than simply learning about A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Georges-Pierre Seurat in a class or text book, we are asked to supplement what we learned in class with a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago to study it in person. Students of the Theatre Conservatory are also provided with exclusive student discounts and often get free tickets because our professors recognize that a classroom lecture can only teach us so much. When we get to experience the things we learn about in the classroom first hand, we gain an infinitely deeper understanding of the subject. The encouragement I have received from my professors to explore Chicago has helped to increase my self confidence and taught me to take charge of my own education. While exploring and utilizing the city’s resources is invaluable, they won’t do any good without what we learn in the classroom. Roosevelt University’s classes are fantastic because they teach valuable skills that apply to multiple areas of life in addition to academic information. For example, all Theatre Conservatory students are required to take Introduction to Professional Theatre which teaches us about what to expect and how to behave as professional actors. Professionalism is one of the Chicago College of Performing Arts’ core values and due to the information and skills learned in this class as well as others, its graduates are known as some of the most hard working and professional actors in the industry. I have loved my time at Roosevelt University thus far because the professors don’t teach for simply a grade, but teach us to be good people. They remind us that the kind of person you are both in and out of the workplace trumps whatever talent one may have. That is the greatest lesson that I have learned at Roosevelt and the key reason that Roosevelt University stands out above other schools.

Edwin

I applied to this school because of the diversity of the campus. The classes are in my interest range and its very close to where i live. Overall a very solid school that i hope to attend if i can. There are also many clubs and sport groups/clubs that are fantastic looking and i am interested in joining if possible.

Camille

What I can appreciate about this school is it's social involvement. Not only is it a requirement but the education and history taught here is amazing. The staff and students accept all and it shows through the curriculum. It doesn't force a particular idea down anyone's throat but what it does is make students educated, aware and thoughtful of the world and how they fit in it. This education goes beyond the classroom and that is priceless.

rusul

cool college and nice stuff and kind students I feel safe and secure in my college Roosevelt is a very good place to get a degree it is a very very diverse place and welcomed highly recommend the new students or anyone looking to attend a university to consider Roosevelt and I guarantee that they will like it because it is like a home

Jaclyn

My review is based on someone who realized they wanted to pursue the arts, film specifically, after graduation. The fine arts department is almost non-existent and all media classes are journalism based. There are photography courses but you don't learn from an artistic approach or go over how to actually use a camera. There are more electives listed on the course catalog than there is available so you are limited to a small number of different classes per semester. The majority of professors are adjunct so it's difficult to make any connections for recommendations. It's a very small college with no student life unless you are in greek life. Students often keep to themselves after class which is strange for a college right downtown Chicago. Every class and student organizations on campus is based on social-justice values. Housing is expensive and the food plan needs to be cheaper. Overall, the atmosphere at Roosevelt is very boring. If you are artistic or want to do something in the arts, please don't attend here.

Jana

It's a generally great university. The professors and staff are all very friendly and there to help if the student needs it. The only down side is the price, even with financial aid and any grants/scholarships, you might need to take out loans. But it is worth it for the experience of a community.